N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2001)
Old
Nugs Nugs is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 393
Join Date: Apr 2013
Car: 2011 135i
Default 03-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Yea just go ahead and run/connect your JB4 usb cable. I mount mine like this.

I run mine out of the glovebox in a similar way, but then I tuck it up underneath the centre console trim and ran it to the lighter plug underneath the armrest which has USB adaptor in it.
That way I can close the ashtray.
(#2002)
Old
rwalker rwalker is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 208
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 03-30-2015, 07:55 PM

Mine is powered via a USB cable that plugs into a cigarette lighter outlet that's just underneath the glovebox.

The F22 has a hole there but no socket, so I retrofitted the socket and hung a 2-port USB adapter there.
(#2003)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-31-2015, 06:23 PM

To all Android and iOS users, anytime you get a crash and it asks you to report it, please do. That's how I can see what problems to fix.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2004)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 03-31-2015, 11:30 PM

Donnie,

Will you update the interface to reflect the NEW JB4 official interface?

Tnx


F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#2005)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-01-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Donnie,

Will you update the interface to reflect the NEW JB4 official interface?

Tnx
Almost done with it for iOS already. Just need to clarify a few things with Terry.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2006)
Old
Peter @ Pure's Avatar
Peter @ Pure Peter @ Pure is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-01-2015, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Almost done with it for iOS already. Just need to clarify a few things with Terry.
Ha you are always on top of it. Great work Donnie!


F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#2007)
Old
dhes2809 dhes2809 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: 2007 e91 335i
Default 04-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Hi, I am new here and learning the ropes when it come to the hole JB4/JB4 app.

I have tried to find an answer to my questions on here for literally hours with no luck.

I have just installed the JB4 app to my Iphone 4s. Is it correct that I only have 4 gauges? Most of the screen shots and videos I have seen show 6 gauges.

Also is it possible to show the water temp on one of the gauges? I think I may have been able to do this by changing future use D to 5. If this is correct is there any way of changing this to Celsius?

Can anyone give me a brief description of what firmware and firmware updates are? Is this for the app or for the car? Sorry if I sound stupid but I'm not really a techy person.

Thanks in advance for an help.

Dave
(#2008)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-02-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhes2809
Hi, I am new here and learning the ropes when it come to the hole JB4/JB4 app.

I have tried to find an answer to my questions on here for literally hours with no luck.

I have just installed the JB4 app to my Iphone 4s. Is it correct that I only have 4 gauges? Most of the screen shots and videos I have seen show 6 gauges.

Also is it possible to show the water temp on one of the gauges? I think I may have been able to do this by changing future use D to 5. If this is correct is there any way of changing this to Celsius?

Can anyone give me a brief description of what firmware and firmware updates are? Is this for the app or for the car? Sorry if I sound stupid but I'm not really a techy person.

Thanks in advance for an help.

Dave
Correct the iPhone 4S only displays 4 gauges due to its tiny screen.

My app functions just like the normal Windows app so just review the "Notes.txt" file for your particular engine type and it'll tell you the appropriate FUD values.

FUD will output whatever the JB4 outputs (I don't think it's celsius). I'll look into a celsius toggle for water temp/oil temp.

Firmware updates are for the JB4. You can update the JB4 through any JB4 app, but please do review the update process before you do.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2009)
Old
rleroy4298 rleroy4298 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Feb 2013
Car: 335i
Default 04-04-2015, 12:22 PM

When do you anticipate the OS X interface being updated to reflect the latest Windows version?
(#2010)
Old
mike082802 mike082802 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 262
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: vw passat
Default 04-04-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Almost done with it for iOS already. Just need to clarify a few things with Terry.
Donnie,

Will you update the interface to reflect the NEW JB4 official interface for android? want to try out the firmware but i only update and change settings with your jb4 mobile app.

thanks
(#2011)
Old
Flewbyu335 Flewbyu335 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: 2015 Bmw M4
Default 04-05-2015, 12:02 PM

Im having a problem with my jb4 ios app everytime i try to switch any user settings and hit save the app just freezes i have to fully close the app but no matter what i cant change any user settings on the app i can on my laptop. Also randomly the app say im in map 2 which im always in but the car is putting out stock boost if i go to select map it says im in map2 but when i hit save it then starts boosting like map 2
Jb4 ios latest version
S55 m4 latest firmware
(#2012)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-05-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy4298
When do you anticipate the OS X interface being updated to reflect the latest Windows version?
I'll hopefully have another OS X update in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
Donnie,

Will you update the interface to reflect the NEW JB4 official interface for android? want to try out the firmware but i only update and change settings with your jb4 mobile app.

thanks
Already testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flewbyu335
Im having a problem with my jb4 ios app everytime i try to switch any user settings and hit save the app just freezes i have to fully close the app but no matter what i cant change any user settings on the app i can on my laptop. Also randomly the app say im in map 2 which im always in but the car is putting out stock boost if i go to select map it says im in map2 but when i hit save it then starts boosting like map 2
Jb4 ios latest version
S55 m4 latest firmware
I may know what this issue is. I noticed there is a bug where if you try to save a setting that is out of range, it may crash. I've fixed this on my development build and will post an iOS update soon to address this and add the new JB4 layout. For now, send me a screenshot of the settings you are trying to save and I'll help you out. Just email me at jb4connectkit+support@gmail.com


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2013)
Old
Flewbyu335 Flewbyu335 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2015
Car: 2015 Bmw M4
Default 04-05-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
I may know what this issue is. I noticed there is a bug where if you try to save a setting that is out of range, it may crash. I've fixed this on my development build and will post an iOS update soon to address this and add the new JB4 layout. For now, send me a screenshot of the settings you are trying to save and I'll help you out. Just email me at jb4connectkit+support@gmail.com
Hey i think i figured it out rpm boost can only be set 0-29 for map 6 values i changed them all to 28psi and now everything works fine i can change all settings any way we can raise that rpm value for folks with bigger turbo s55's
(#2014)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flewbyu335
Hey i think i figured it out rpm boost can only be set 0-29 for map 6 values i changed them all to 28psi and now everything works fine i can change all settings any way we can raise that rpm value for folks with bigger turbo s55's
Yea that's what I figured. This will be fixed in the next build though as it is supposed to give you a popup letting you know what value is out of range. I was accidentally executing some UI stuff on a background thread (big no-no).


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2015)
Old
marcusrichard marcusrichard is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: F07 535i GT
Default 04-06-2015, 07:00 AM

anyone know wat is the pin to pair the Bluetooth?

it ask for a pin
I tried 0000 & 1234
cant

thanks
(#2016)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrichard
anyone know wat is the pin to pair the Bluetooth?

it ask for a pin
I tried 0000 & 1234
cant

thanks
No pin. Just hit connect in the app.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2017)
Old
Denverrayray Denverrayray is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: 2007 335xi
Default 04-06-2015, 06:32 PM

Any idea when these will be back in stock?
(#2018)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverrayray
Any idea when these will be back in stock?
Still not sure yet. Check back in 1-2 weeks.

Also for everyone asking about the new interface, I'm going to wait and make sure the changes are finalized then I'll make a new build. It takes iTunes 1-2 weeks to get an update out so I want to make sure there aren't any new changes over the next couple days.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2019)
Old
rleroy4298 rleroy4298 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Feb 2013
Car: 335i
Default 04-06-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Still not sure yet. Check back in 1-2 weeks.

Also for everyone asking about the new interface, I'm going to wait and make sure the changes are finalized then I'll make a new build. It takes iTunes 1-2 weeks to get an update out so I want to make sure there aren't any new changes over the next couple days.
And in the meantime, if you've got any spare moments, maybe some quick revisions to the OS X firmware to be compatible with the latest JB4 ISO firmware?
(#2020)
Old
mike082802 mike082802 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 262
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: vw passat
Default 04-06-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Still not sure yet. Check back in 1-2 weeks.

Also for everyone asking about the new interface, I'm going to wait and make sure the changes are finalized then I'll make a new build. It takes iTunes 1-2 weeks to get an update out so I want to make sure there aren't any new changes over the next couple days.
and the guys waiting for android update?
(#2021)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy4298
And in the meantime, if you've got any spare moments, maybe some quick revisions to the OS X firmware to be compatible with the latest JB4 ISO firmware?
Spare moments are tough to come by. I will say this right now to be honest with everyone. My main points of focus on these project are my iOS and Android apps. I'll get to updating OS X whenever I have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
and the guys waiting for android update?
Android is under development as well. My Android updates usually end up coming out before iOS anyways due to the delay in iTunes. Hoping to have something for Android later this week or next.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2022)
Old
volcom8190's Avatar
volcom8190 volcom8190 is offline
Not New Member
 
Posts: 43
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2010 335i
Default 04-07-2015, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Android is under development as well. My Android updates usually end up coming out before iOS anyways due to the delay in iTunes. Hoping to have something for Android later this week or next.
Have you thought about setting up a testflight environment for people to beta test your newer software updates, they are supposed to be a near immediate push.
(#2023)
Old
Shafer Shafer is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 239
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 e90 335i 6MT
Default 04-07-2015, 07:37 AM

Have you considered charging for the OSX version? Because obviously the mobile interfaces come first since those help make revenue, but since the OSX version is free, I can understand why there's not as much incentive.

I'd gladly pay for it, because it's really my only option except running parallels or something.
(#2024)
Old
ozdencyprus's Avatar
ozdencyprus ozdencyprus is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 137
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: bmw 335 07'
Default Out of stock? - 04-07-2015, 10:15 AM

im would like to buy connect kit but not in stock. i sent them 3 times an email but noone return me. Anyone know when its gona be in stock? Thnks


BMW 335i 07, E93
Jb4 G5, RB Turbos, BMS Meth Kit CM14, BMS Chargepipe, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, BMS Cowl Filters, BMS Oil Valve, BMS Race/Alpina Flash, BMS TMAP Adapter , N20 3.5 Bar Sensor, VRSF Down *****, VRSF 7" FIMC, Costom Catles Exhaust, Turbo Smart BOV, AFE Scoops, Mr5 Cold Air, RB PCV Valve, RB Screw Cap, CP-e Add-On Oil Cooler, Sprint Booster, M3 Front/Rear Arms, D2 8 Pot Full Brake Kit, D2 Coilvoers, Mfactory LSD, NGK 5992, f/r Sway Bars,BMW Elec. S/Wheel, 98 Octane, 80-20 Meth, 275PSS
(#2025)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-07-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom8190
Have you thought about setting up a testflight environment for people to beta test your newer software updates, they are supposed to be a near immediate push.
From my experience it is still 1-2 days. I may start doing that eventually though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer
Have you considered charging for the OSX version? Because obviously the mobile interfaces come first since those help make revenue, but since the OSX version is free, I can understand why there's not as much incentive.

I'd gladly pay for it, because it's really my only option except running parallels or something.
I want to keep OS X free so there's a free alternative to the Windows software. I will get around to updating it I assure you. There have just been quite a few things changing with iOS and Android lately, but things are starting to settle down now so I'm hoping to get to it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdencyprus
im would like to buy connect kit but not in stock. i sent them 3 times an email but noone return me. Anyone know when its gona be in stock? Thnks
As mentioned in the first post, I don't answer email requests asking about availability. I don't even know when they're going to be back in stock. Hopefully in another 2ish weeks. I assure you I'll update the stock listing in my first post when they're available.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com