N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4526)
Old
P.S's Avatar
P.S P.S is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 89
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: M135i xDrive
Default 03-08-2018, 03:42 AM

Latest beta version for android doesn't recognize phone orientation. Therefore can't be used in landscape orientation, which is pita because phone blocks iDrive screen.

And log graphs are pretty useless at portrait mode.


M135i xDrive EWG, JB4, Pure S2, Pure inlet, N20 tmap, c a tless, Wagner fmic, FTP chargepipe, Fuel-it PI, BMS PI controller, Fuel-it lpfp, ACF Performance back end flash. 10.9s @ 204km/h

Last edited by P.S; 03-08-2018 at 03:47 AM..
(#4527)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 03-08-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S
Latest beta version for android doesn't recognize phone orientation. Therefore can't be used in landscape orientation, which is pita because phone blocks iDrive screen.

And log graphs are pretty useless at portrait mode.
Device: Galaxy S8
OS: Android 8
Engine type: N55 F-Series
App build: JB4 A219
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version:ISO_10_T6.hex


Is there a new Beta ?? i am not getting any updates in my android, but i am in the beta group


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#4528)
Old
Pho3niX90 Pho3niX90 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: 2013 M5
Default 03-13-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
iPhone only at this time. Most of my Android dev time has been spent trying to make BT functionality more seamless for the majority of users/devices. It's in a better place than it was and will be even better with the upcoming update. After this I plan on getting back to the rest of my Android todo list.

Also Android users, log-based 0-60 timing is ready to go for vehicles that support the MPH output. For now the fastest 0-60 time is displayed whenever you tap on a log.

Please use the GPS speed if the car is not logging the speed. What else is the GPS currently used for? Either or use OBD2 protocol as all cars work with PID 13 for mode 1
(#4529)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-17-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S
Latest beta version for android doesn't recognize phone orientation. Therefore can't be used in landscape orientation, which is pita because phone blocks iDrive screen.

And log graphs are pretty useless at portrait mode.
No issues with orientation on any of my devices. Did you enable orientation lock by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Device: Galaxy S8
OS: Android 8
Engine type: N55 F-Series
App build: JB4 A219
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version:ISO_10_T6.hex


Is there a new Beta ?? i am not getting any updates in my android, but i am in the beta group
A223 is the current build. Includes:
*New BT libs (only supports Rev 3 kits at this time, adding more support over the weekend).

*Best 0-60 calculation display when a log is selected. Only works if your car supports the mph output param.

Let me know if any of you run into issues on A223.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3niX90
Please use the GPS speed if the car is not logging the speed. What else is the GPS currently used for? Either or use OBD2 protocol as all cars work with PID 13 for mode 1
No point in GPS as your phone's GPS refresh rate is 1hz and even paired with the accelerometer won't necessarily lead to accurate speed timing. I have zero CANbus/OBDII control as all of that is handled by the JB4 itself.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4530)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 03-17-2018, 11:41 AM

When will KM timings be available for the 0-100 runs ? Why do you only support MPH ?


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#4531)
Old
BlackB's Avatar
BlackB BlackB is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2015
Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 03-19-2018, 04:04 AM

After the last update of the app (which in my opinion took place automatically at the end of January), I do not get display results for the ethanol content (now called e85), trans temp, water temp or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp are used to indicate, but clearly not anymore. I've noticed that there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.


JB4 G5 Map6+7/BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 S2+E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI CM10/RB Ex.PCV+Mishimoto OCC/Oil Cooler+Mocal Valve+Stead Line+BMS Billet Oil Filter Housing/BMS N54 DCI o. SIMOTA Intake/MMP ALU In+Outlads/MMP S3 Turbo/BMS OCC/Precision Raceworks Ignition/NGK/M3 Cowl Filter/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Phoenix Racing Port Intake JB4 PI Module+Fuel Line Y-Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel IT S3+Hobbs switch12.5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler Xhp/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/M3 Suspension Parts/B16 PSS10/N20 T MAP.
(#4532)
Old
SilverJester SilverJester is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 03-22-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackB
After the last update of the app (which in my opinion took place automatically at the end of January), I do not get display results for the ethanol content (now called e85), trans temp, water temp or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp are used to indicate, but clearly not anymore. I've noticed that there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.
Yes I've noticed my ethanol content (now called e85) is always 0 now. I know there were lots of updates to both the JB4 itself and the mobile app regarding calculated ethanol (Virtual Sensor), but I have an ethanol sensor and would like to get it working again. I tried turning on "bit1: JB4 15/16 FlexFuel Input" but that didn't seem to do anything. What do I have to do to enable my sensor again?


2008 335i MT
VRSF Inlets | MMP Outlets | VRSF Chargepipe | Turbosmart Race Port | VRSF DownP***s | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | BMS Cowl Filters |Spec 3+ Clutch | mFactory Flywheel | UUC SSK | UUC DSSR | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts (Best Mod Ever) | TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob (1.07lbs, 2nd Best Mod) | Boost Concepts FPM-1 | Fuel-it ES-1 |JB4 G5 ISO | MHD Flasher
(#4533)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-22-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
When will KM timings be available for the 0-100 runs ? Why do you only support MPH ?
I can add in a toggle to for metric speed timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackB
After the last update of the app (which in my opinion took place automatically at the end of January), I do not get display results for the ethanol content (now called e85), trans temp, water temp or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp are used to indicate, but clearly not anymore. I've noticed that there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJester
Yes I've noticed my ethanol content (now called e85) is always 0 now. I know there were lots of updates to both the JB4 itself and the mobile app regarding calculated ethanol (Virtual Sensor), but I have an ethanol sensor and would like to get it working again. I tried turning on "bit1: JB4 15/16 FlexFuel Input" but that didn't seem to do anything. What do I have to do to enable my sensor again?
No issues on my end, but I'll test again on a few devices to verify.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4534)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-22-2018, 05:22 PM

I'll be updating my server code over the next day so bear with me if there are any interruptions in service.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4535)
Old
phoebee phoebee is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 428i
Default 03-23-2018, 12:30 AM

Please update JB4 Mobile for IOS.

I need to click for map change like android(current ver.)

IOS still very uncomfortable change map now.

Please.......


F32 / 428i / 2014+ewg / N26 / 93octane / all stocks / JB4mobile rev.3 on iPhone
(#4536)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 03-23-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
I can add in a toggle to for metric speed timing..

Please Do that.Alot of us using Metric timings.


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#4537)
Old
S3nder S3nder is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 135i e82
Default 04-03-2018, 01:03 PM

Device: Example iPhone 5S or Galaxy S4
OS: 11.3(iOS)
Engine type: N54 E Series
App build: Jb4 8052
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version: n54 g5 Mac 134
Problem experienced: Hi . How Do i See up email account to send logs via email ?
(#4538)
Old
WaqasRiyami's Avatar
WaqasRiyami WaqasRiyami is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 04-03-2018, 01:47 PM

We need a toggle for metric speed timing


2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#4539)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 04-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3nder
Device: Example iPhone 5S or Galaxy S4
OS: 11.3(iOS)
Engine type: N54 E Series
App build: Jb4 8052
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version: n54 g5 Mac 134
Problem experienced: Hi . How Do i See up email account to send logs via email ?
Set the email account up in the phone’s native email app. Once it’s in there, you’ll be able to use it in JB4
(#4540)
Old
S3nder S3nder is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 135i e82
Default 04-04-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
Set the email account up in the phone’s native email app. Once it’s in there, you’ll be able to use it in JB4
Yes finally got this
(#4541)
Old
135BMWAddict's Avatar
135BMWAddict 135BMWAddict is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-04-2018, 11:02 AM

@Dmac
Hopefully the server code update went smooth.

When do you plan to release the next iOS update for the app(looking forward to some of the fixes)? Also is there any way to get on a BETA release to help you test?


Mods
- ST GTX3582R, JB4+BEF, PI, Stage 3 Fuel, E80
(#4542)
Old
Flyknit Flyknit is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Car: 440i GC
Default 04-11-2018, 06:24 AM

Hi,

I have issue with my JB where the map gets reset back to map 0 intermittently after a short while. I posted the issue in another thread (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52506) but was suggested to post in here.

Will someone able to help assist or advise? Many thanks.
(#4543)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebee
Please update JB4 Mobile for IOS.

I need to click for map change like android(current ver.)

IOS still very uncomfortable change map now.

Please.......
That should be enabled by double or triple tapping a map gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Please Do that.Alot of us using Metric timings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
We need a toggle for metric speed timing
Working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135BMWAddict
@Dmac
Hopefully the server code update went smooth.

When do you plan to release the next iOS update for the app(looking forward to some of the fixes)? Also is there any way to get on a BETA release to help you test?
Went through fine luckily. . I'm in the middle of another behind the scenes update for both iOS and Android. Got stuck remedying another Android issue so once that's resolved I'll be back on track for the next public release. Just email me (orders@jb4connectkit.com) and I'll send you an invite.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyknit
Hi,

I have issue with my JB where the map gets reset back to map 0 intermittently after a short while. I posted the issue in another thread (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52506) but was suggested to post in here.

Will someone able to help assist or advise? Many thanks.
Believe we've been speaking via email, but if not send this to me (support@jb4connectkit.com).


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4544)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-11-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyknit
Hi,

I have issue with my JB where the map gets reset back to map 0 intermittently after a short while. I posted the issue in another thread (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52506) but was suggested to post in here.

Will someone able to help assist or advise? Many thanks.
I have been having this issue for several months now. I believe it is a communication issue between the Bluetooth module and the app. I seem to only get it at very light throttle.


2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4545)
Old
Flyknit Flyknit is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Car: 440i GC
Default 04-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
I have been having this issue for several months now. I believe it is a communication issue between the Bluetooth module and the app. I seem to only get it at very light throttle.
How did you resolve this issue? I leaving JB4 as map 0 for now and thinking of taking out JB4 due to this issue as I don't want to keep setting the map each time I start up my engine.

Also, sorry for the noob question but I'm wondering how is this related to the Bluetooth module. I'd have thought this is the JB4 unit itself that stores the map and bluetooth module is just to enable the communication with the app. My map get reset even when I don't have the ios app running.
(#4546)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyknit
How did you resolve this issue? I leaving JB4 as map 0 for now and thinking of taking out JB4 due to this issue as I don't want to keep setting the map each time I start up my engine.

Also, sorry for the noob question but I'm wondering how is this related to the Bluetooth module. I'd have thought this is the JB4 unit itself that stores the map and bluetooth module is just to enable the communication with the app. My map get reset even when I don't have the ios app running.
Putting it back into whatever map you want seems to work just fine. However it will keep getting the error because the app "sees" a map value of some random number, gets confused, then automatically switches to Map 0. I believe this is built into the app by design. Donnie (the developer) told me it must be getting the communication corrupted somehow, but at (seemingly) random times.

If you don't have the app open and in the foreground, it won't ever switch. Therefore (in my case at least), I think it is related to the Bluetooth module and/or the app.

I could be wrong, though, and it is very interesting that both of us have the B58 engine. That could be pointing to something else.

The JB4 will run perfectly fine on its own, though. So don't take it out just yet!


2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4547)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 04-12-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebee
Please update JB4 Mobile for IOS.

I need to click for map change like android(current ver.)

IOS still very uncomfortable change map now.

Please.......
How come you're so adamant about changing maps on the app? Do it on the fly with the steering wheel controls. Takes literally 2 seconds.

By the way, Donnie, appreciate that you updated the map selections (and other areas) to be bigger now!
(#4548)
Old
Flyknit Flyknit is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Car: 440i GC
Default 04-12-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Putting it back into whatever map you want seems to work just fine. However it will keep getting the error because the app "sees" a map value of some random number, gets confused, then automatically switches to Map 0. I believe this is built into the app by design. Donnie (the developer) told me it must be getting the communication corrupted somehow, but at (seemingly) random times.

If you don't have the app open and in the foreground, it won't ever switch. Therefore (in my case at least), I think it is related to the Bluetooth module and/or the app.

I could be wrong, though, and it is very interesting that both of us have the B58 engine. That could be pointing to something else.

The JB4 will run perfectly fine on its own, though. So don't take it out just yet!
Thanks. Let me try set the map to map 1 and monitor (by not running the app at all). I guess you can only tell whether it reset back to map 0 by looking at the dash during engine start up.

Friend of mine 340 (B58 also) also encounter the same issue.
(#4549)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
How come you're so adamant about changing maps on the app? Do it on the fly with the steering wheel controls. Takes literally 2 seconds.
Definitely does not take 2 seconds on the F-series...


2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4550)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyknit
Thanks. Let me try set the map to map 1 and monitor (by not running the app at all). I guess you can only tell whether it reset back to map 0 by looking at the dash during engine start up.

Friend of mine 340 (B58 also) also encounter the same issue.
Interesting. Might be something with the B58 firmware.


2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com