N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335is 6 speed
Default 335is rad fan install issues - 02-10-2019, 12:24 AM

Hey swapping out my t stat today and had to remove radiator fan and inter cooler.

But the problem is I guess it's only on 335is I don't see this on non IS? There is coolant line that runs from the passenger to driver side in front of the pulleys mid level.

Anyone removed their fan and noticed this and any tips or how did you re-installed? Just to remove the fan I had to pull the inter cooler and the cold side pipe but now I just don't see how to make it all fit at once.

Like I would need to install the rad without inter cooler and then push the coolant pipe out the way, then let it hang there midway until I can fit my intercooler and reinstall the pipe. Then push the rad down. Like this doesn't make sense and the TIS doesn't say anything about this coolant line. I can't even find it's part number on REALOEM...

For example see how I can't even move the line out of the way to clear the plastic shroud + rubber IC mount beacuse of IC lower charge pipe in the way.

Really don't want to break anything here any tips please

(#2)
Old

Car: E89 Z4 35i
Default 02-12-2019, 12:37 AM

Hi,

sorry if it seems dumb but the way I see it, isn't that the anti roll bar you're pointing at in the picture?
(#3)
Old

Car: e92 335iA
Default 02-12-2019, 02:02 AM

It is tight but is doable, it is two person job, one from above, other under, you know the scene :-) irc I had to angle it somehow and pry the AT cooler a bit out of the way to let that plastic shroud slide down, IC and all hoses were in place...

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. [Mario Andretti]
(#4)
Old

Car: 2011 335is 6 speed
Default 02-12-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttl
Hi,

sorry if it seems dumb but the way I see it, isn't that the anti roll bar you're pointing at in the picture?
Haha nah it's really some kind of coolant line I think. Sway bar is deeper down. I unbolted for the thermostat change so it wouldn't be right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetpro
It is tight but is doable, it is two person job, one from above, other under, you know the scene :-) irc I had to angle it somehow and pry the AT cooler a bit out of the way to let that plastic shroud slide down, IC and all hoses were in place...
Yeah I finally found a way... mount the intercooler 1st. Once that is mounted. Remove the clamp from the top side of the lower charge pipe that will give enough wiggle room to push the hose and allow the fan to slide down.

For the rubber piece on the shroud it didn't really matter since it's pliable so I just pushed it through.

I broke the clips holding the hose to the shroud though, I made sure it didn't have enough wiggle room to crash into the belt of the fan itself but it looks good. I'll still try to find the clips... it is such a pain I can't even find the coolant hose on parts diagram... I'll bring the clip to the dealer and show them.

T start is changed everything works now I'm happy