N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 135i N55
Default PS2 upgrade with BEF pump file 1st log - 02-15-2021, 01:44 PM

Hi All,
Looking for feedback on my first log. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M3_R1_210215_1329.csv (7.5 KB, 12 views)

2012 135i / JB4 / ******* DP / BMS intake / CPe charge pipe / UUC short shifter / BR rollbar / Momo FiA Seats VAC mounts / RaceQuip 6 pt harnesses / 18x10 Square / ER wide front / N5 wide rear / helical LSD / PS2 / BMS meth / BMS PI / LPFP upgrade
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-15-2021, 02:24 PM

Needs some duty bias tuning but you have multiple timing corrections. If it were me I'd back off until I added more octane and timing improved, then I'd slowly work my way up.

You don't have your PI enabled. Not sure if you are intending to injecting meth or ??? but to do so, you'll need to adjust your fuel biases.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-15-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Needs some duty bias tuning but you have multiple timing corrections. If it were me I'd back off until I added more octane and timing improved, then I'd slowly work my way up.

You don't have your PI enabled. Not sure if you are intending to injecting meth or ??? but to do so, you'll need to adjust your fuel biases.
HI Steve, thanks for the quick response. My octane is only 91 here which is why i was running BMS meth previously. Now with the PS2 i installed the PI hardware, working on the wiring right now. Actually I had a question, in the wiring post it says to connect yellow from the BMS PI controller to Pin 1 in the JB4. But that spot has a purple wire already in that position. piggyback it?

Also, no mention of the orange wire on the BMS PI controller? where does that go?

2012 135i / JB4 / ******* DP / BMS intake / CPe charge pipe / UUC short shifter / BR rollbar / Momo FiA Seats VAC mounts / RaceQuip 6 pt harnesses / 18x10 Square / ER wide front / N5 wide rear / helical LSD / PS2 / BMS meth / BMS PI / LPFP upgrade

Last edited by ETADRAFT; 02-15-2021 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: added
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2021, 04:13 PM

No....do not piggy back it. Not sure about the purple wire...got a pic and where is it going?

Orange wire (sounds like you have an older PI controller) is for the secondary or relay trigger.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-17-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
No....do not piggy back it. Not sure about the purple wire...got a pic and where is it going?

Orange wire (sounds like you have an older PI controller) is for the secondary or relay trigger.
unfortunately i sealed it all back up so i can use the car while i figure this out. I didnt get a pic. however i can tell you all i have is the BMS meth kit installed other than that the JB4 harness is as it was received. Looking at the harness bundle it looks like the purple goes to the MAF sensor on the intake.

By chance do you have a wire / color / position chart for the harness pins i can reference?

And for the orange wire, i wasn't planning on running a relay trigger. do i just leave it capped? (I assume this is for a secondary pump? I'm just running a single upgraded pump)

thanks for the help

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2021, 10:29 AM

Yes, just leave the orange wire capped.

Sorry, no guide for that available.

(#7)
Old

Default 02-22-2021, 04:11 PM

2 new logs attached. Still learning how to interpret these. To amateur eyes it looks like the boost drops in the middle? would love some expert opinions

one in map 2 and one in map 3 with #5 nozzle.

Thanks in Advance!

(new LPFP and PI not installed yet)
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M2_R2_210222_1411.csv (9.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv P5_M3_R1_210215_1329.csv (7.5 KB, 10 views)

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2021, 11:15 AM

You need more octane, quite a few timing corrections and low timing advance. Meth looks to be working just not enough of it our your fuel quality is pretty poor.

(#9)
Old

Default 02-23-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
You need more octane, quite a few timing corrections and low timing advance. Meth looks to be working just not enough of it our your fuel quality is pretty poor.
Hi Steve, yes the fuel here is 91 at best. I was using a #10 nozzle for added octane from meth. I'll switch it back and do another log.

with this poor of gas will the PI even make a big enough difference? Or do i need to start experimenting with E85?

Thanks again!

(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2021, 05:55 PM

I'd recommend E85 as PI with 91 is kind of pointless. You could also do DPMI, that would help a lot as well.