N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG E63 S
Default 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Terry or Payam,

I have a 2018 AMG E63 S with DME Stage 2 tune. I would like to stack it with a JB4. I'm just trying to get a little bit more out of my car. I'm looking to buy one this week but have a few questions.

1) What map would you suggest? Also, for example if Map 1 is 4 psi over stock since I have a Stage 2 would it be 4 psi over that?
2) I will be doing some 1/4 mile passes and a roll racing event over the next several months and will use 102 octane race gas. What map would you suggest with race gas stacked with my tune?
3) When I get it installed I should log with Map 1 and send that to you?
4) Is a BCM available and/or do I need that?
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 10:34 AM

When you're flash tuned the first step is always to install JB4 and log map0, so we can see where it's at. Assuming things look good then we'll start with a mild map6 adding say 1 or 2psi, and then evaluate, and go from there. Likely on the race gas something like map2 or map3 will work great. BCM is optional but may be required. Won't know until we see how it's boosting as that is determined by WGDC tables set in your flash map.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
When you're flash tuned the first step is always to install JB4 and log map0, so we can see where it's at. Assuming things look good then we'll start with a mild map6 adding say 1 or 2psi, and then evaluate, and go from there. Likely on the race gas something like map2 or map3 will work great. BCM is optional but may be required. Won't know until we see how it's boosting as that is determined by WGDC tables set in your flash map.
Thanks Terry! I really appreciate it. I'm going to purchase right now. Once I get it installed I will log Map 0 and send it over. My next event isn't until September so I have some time to fine tune it.
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Sounds good!! Thx

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM

With the screen shots they are so large it's difficult to scan along and see them. What I'm interested in what codes specially are recurring on say map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#156)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM

So I had my JB4 installed on my C63s today and I could tell right away as soon as I pulled out of the shop that the car had gained some power on Map 1. What is the best way to log this car? comfort, sport, sport plus. race? dSC off? What gear and rpm to read line? This car is totally different to my 335i m sport. I can tell that traction will be a major issue on this car.

2018 C63s AMG
JB4 E30, Pedal Tuner
(#157)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 06:50 PM

Terry,

Would the C63 meth kit work on the W213 E63?
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsuard
Terry,

Would the C63 meth kit work on the W213 E63?
Payam may know on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
So I had my JB4 installed on my C63s today and I could tell right away as soon as I pulled out of the shop that the car had gained some power on Map 1. What is the best way to log this car? comfort, sport, sport plus. race? dSC off? What gear and rpm to read line? This car is totally different to my 335i m sport. I can tell that traction will be a major issue on this car.
Glad to hear!

In terms of logging how ever you race it is fine with us. We'll want to see longer full throttle blasts of course.

Burger Motorsports

(#160)
Old

Car: 2017 C63S ED1
Default 06-26-2019, 10:27 PM

No issues here, admit I’d like a little cleaner install but realize it’s a bit bleeding edge. I am running JB4 with BCM and now WMI no codes.
(#161)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 04:34 PM

Moved all of notabenex's posts to his own support thread. A log or two in the main general info thread is fine for us to review. But ongoing support sagas it's just too hard to keep track of and follow up on mixed in here. Setup a dedicated thread for those.

Help with my C63 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#162)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 07-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Terry, can you give an ETA for the C63 BCM yet? Are we looking at weeks, months ... tomorrow?

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Terry, can you give an ETA for the C63 BCM yet? Are we looking at weeks, months ... tomorrow?
I think we released it a couple months ago?

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...control-module

Burger Motorsports

(#164)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 07-09-2019, 08:15 AM

changed spark plugs for new oem ones. still the same

C63 jb4 map1 problem on Vimeo

SORRY WRONG THREAD PLEASE MOVE TO HELP WITH MY JB4

attached log with this weird behavior
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-09 19_12_22_Map-2.csv (39.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by notabenex; 07-09-2019 at 11:00 AM..
(#165)
Old

Default 07-09-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame Douglas
I noticed that my JB4 doesnít detect what gear Iím in. Shouldnít that be working for boost by gear?
I have this same on my E63. Is this normal for the gear display to not work? What parameters does everyone put on their display?
(#166)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 07-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think we released it a couple months ago?

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...control-module
Ha - Awesome! Don't know how I missed that.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#167)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 07-11-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Terry or Payam,

I have a 2018 AMG E63 S with DME Stage 2 tune. I would like to stack it with a JB4. I'm just trying to get a little bit more out of my car. I'm looking to buy one this week but have a few questions.

1) What map would you suggest? Also, for example if Map 1 is 4 psi over stock since I have a Stage 2 would it be 4 psi over that?
2) I will be doing some 1/4 mile passes and a roll racing event over the next several months and will use 102 octane race gas. What map would you suggest with race gas stacked with my tune?
3) When I get it installed I should log with Map 1 and send that to you?
4) Is a BCM available and/or do I need that?
Don't try to do this on E63s. Jb4 will gain some serious power. This car's transmission cannot hold this power. My E63 can do 100-200kph 6.0 second with jb4. but my transmission was damageed.

2014 435I xdrive EWG , JB4, Meth kit(cm10), ER CP, ER ca tl ess DP, Stock tubo
(#168)
Old

Default 07-12-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidayuan
Don't try to do this on E63s. Jb4 will gain some serious power. This car's transmission cannot hold this power. My E63 can do 100-200kph 6.0 second with jb4. but my transmission was damageed.
Can you be more detailed. What map did you run stacked with your BEF flash? What map did you find was safe to run with 93 octane? Did you have the JB4 on all the time? Did you damage the transmission from doing digs or rolls?

Reason I ask is because I only plan on running the JB4 at roll race events not everyday use. I will use map 0 for everyday driving. Then try to run the JB4 on map 1,2, or 3 with race gas at events.
(#169)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 07-12-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Can you be more detailed. What map did you run stacked with your BEF flash? What map did you find was safe to run with 93 octane? Did you have the JB4 on all the time? Did you damage the transmission from doing digs or rolls?

Reason I ask is because I only plan on running the JB4 at roll race events not everyday use. I will use map 0 for everyday driving. Then try to run the JB4 on map 1,2, or 3 with race gas at events.
map3 is safe for 93. I never launched before my transmission damageed.

2014 435I xdrive EWG , JB4, Meth kit(cm10), ER CP, ER ca tl ess DP, Stock tubo
(#170)
Old

Default 07-12-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidayuan
map3 is safe for 93. I never launched before my transmission damageed.
Map 3 on top of your flash was safe with 93? Or do you mean map 3 on its own with stock tune was safe.

I have a stage 2 DME tune so wondering what is safe to run on top of it from fuel perspective?

Do you think I would be okay if only turned on JB4 for some roll events and not for everyday driving? How long did it take for the transmission issues once you started using the JB4?
(#171)
Old

Car: Volkswagen GOLF R
Default 07-24-2019, 01:37 PM

My Dad has an 2018 Mercedes E63 S amg running map 2 on 94CA. we went to the track last night and managed to do a 10.75 at 130.36. no codes no engine lights. i got to say i have the same program on my golf r and its amazing what this piggy back is able to do.
(#172)
Old

Default 07-26-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger230
My Dad has an 2018 Mercedes E63 S amg running map 2 on 94CA. we went to the track last night and managed to do a 10.75 at 130.36. no codes no engine lights. i got to say i have the same program on my golf r and its amazing what this piggy back is able to do.
Does he have a tune stacked with JB4 or just the JB4? Iím going to the track next Wednesday and will test numerous maps along with my stage 2 tune only.
(#173)
Old

Car: Volkswagen GOLF R
Default 07-26-2019, 10:52 AM

it is just the jb4 map 2 did a 10.75 at 130.36 mph
(#174)
Old

Default 07-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger230
it is just the jb4 map 2 did a 10.75 at 130.36 mph
I’m hoping my DME Stage 2 tune plus JB4 can run what your dad did. I will be happy with a 10.8 and 130+. Going to be running 102 octane.
(#175)
Old

Car: C63s
Default 07-28-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Iím hoping my DME Stage 2 tune plus JB4 can run what your dad did. I will be happy with a 10.8 and 130+. Going to be running 102 octane.
Post a log in map 0 first and then go from there , Iíve looked over a couple of DME maps but these were on GLC and C63 cars so not sure whatís ďnormalĒ for your platform.
I would strong suggest getting water meth if you plan running a BEF and maps on top, itís probably one of the best value mods you can do on the M177.