N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 06-02-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have traction issues can lower boost in 1st or 2nd gear.. But otherwise enjoy!
Thanks Terry. Lowering boost in those gears means using map6 with individual settings? Or where can I set this in Android App?
(#152)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 11:31 AM

So after few hundreds kilometres with JB4 I have to say that the increase of power in my C63 is very addictive. I am glad that I went this way.

With map1 or mostly map2, (I have new P4S 275 in the rear), there is still something weird even with higher gear, like 4 if I do full throttle there is some slowering of rpm, its like when you have too much boost and clutch cant take it (had this with previous car). Is it really some DSC thing (no TC light) or ?
(#153)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2019, 12:04 PM

Hard to say, log of when the performance is slower? We can check the details under those specific circumstances.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#154)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 01:29 PM

Friend of mine who was doing the install with me, thinks that he can see it here, but it sometimes happens in lower rpms, around 4krpm. Will try tomorrow to reproduce it and send the log
Attached Images

(#155)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2019, 03:04 PM

I'd need CSV file to open in the JB4 interface.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#156)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I'd need CSV file to open in the JB4 interface.
Its the file I've posted earlier.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 19_01_55_Map-1.csv (95.8 KB, 6 views)
(#157)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Here are two more logs. map2

check timestamp 458,5 and 316
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-04 19_00_45_Map-2.csv (82.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-04 19_04_21_Map-2.csv (59.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by notabenex; 06-04-2019 at 11:15 AM..
(#158)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 10:19 PM

one more log.

5th gear and hesistation with rpms
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-05 07_11_22_Map-2.csv (15.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by notabenex; 06-05-2019 at 02:31 AM..
(#159)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2019, 08:25 AM

View logs in the JB4 windows interface.

I don't see any issue in these, at what time stamp do you think there is an issue so I can zoom in?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2019, 08:27 AM

Do you mean like at 475?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 08:36 AM

I tried to make a video with map2 and jb4 C63 jb4 on Vimeo and if you compare this video with this one with map 0 you can clearly see rpm problem c63 jb4 map0 on Vimeo

so what do you suggest Terry?

Last edited by notabenex; 06-05-2019 at 01:28 PM..
(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2019, 02:33 PM

That just looks like some sort of slippage and catching again, of tires or trans, rather than a tuning issue.

If map1 has the issue then use map6 to lower boost further as needed in that area.

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
That just looks like some sort of slippage and catching again, of tires or trans, rather than a tuning issue.

If map1 has the issue then use map6 to lower boost further as needed in that area.
I dont think that its slippage of tires, thats why I did the video on dry Road with heated P4S, on 5th gear in 80mph (130kmh) with ESP in sport mode..

Car is 2017 model, with 30k miles so transmission should be ok

What settings do you recommend for map 6?

update : with map 6 seems like no issue. Will play with it. where to add more boost?
Attached Images

Last edited by notabenex; 06-06-2019 at 02:15 AM..
(#164)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 11:10 AM

The values represent the base boost profile over stock for map6.. The 3psi peak there is a good starting point. Maybe add 0.5psi in areas to evaluate?

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old

Car: Volkswagen GOLF R
Default 06-06-2019, 01:18 PM

hi their,
my dad recently bought a 2018 mercedes E63 S AMG i would like to know the power gains and torque gains on 91 octane and canadien 94 octane. i would like to speak to a tuner that could help me proceed with this and getting me horpower gains and torque gains asap. thank you
Jagger
(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 08:45 PM

It's hard to predict the power gains on various fuels, etc. But it will gain power.

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
The values represent the base boost profile over stock for map6.. The 3psi peak there is a good starting point. Maybe add 0.5psi in areas to evaluate?

Well I tried several settings for map6, car is behaving OK. Could you tell me which PSI uses map1 compared to map6 ? There is less taper in higher rpms?

Here are some logs with this settings. Could you please check them?

Here is screenshot with my settings od map6 and also screenshot of max 23.1PSI which scared me .
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-10 17_21_37_Map-6.csv (178.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-10 17_39_31_Map-6.csv (33.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-10 17_24_40_Map-6.csv (59.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-10 17_15_47_Map-6.csv (32.2 KB, 3 views)
(#168)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Logs look normal. You're looking at boost spikes as throttle closes since boost is sampled in front of the throttle body.

Under normal conditions you're hitting around 16psi peak in the logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#169)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Logs look normal. You're looking at boost spikes as throttle closes since boost is sampled in front of the throttle body.

Under normal conditions you're hitting around 16psi peak in the logs.
Thanks Terry. I have to say that its too much fun with map 2, but the ''slipping issue'' is worrying me.. I was thinking if it could be some transmission torque limit which cuts fuel or releases friction in transmission, because in is not happening on 2,3rd gear only 4+5..

What do you think?
(#170)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 04:08 PM

Got our C63 WMI kits in stock. Expect to hear more about them in the coming days and weeks.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...z-c63-c63s-amg

Burger Motorsports

(#171)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabenex
Thanks Terry. I have to say that its too much fun with map 2, but the ''slipping issue'' is worrying me.. I was thinking if it could be some transmission torque limit which cuts fuel or releases friction in transmission, because in is not happening on 2,3rd gear only 4+5..

What do you think?
It's difficult to tell, we haven't observed anything like that in in our development car nor had anything else reported. I'd just stay conservative on boost for now and we'll see if we can triangulate in to your issue in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#172)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG E63 S
Default 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Terry or Payam,

I have a 2018 AMG E63 S with DME Stage 2 tune. I would like to stack it with a JB4. I'm just trying to get a little bit more out of my car. I'm looking to buy one this week but have a few questions.

1) What map would you suggest? Also, for example if Map 1 is 4 psi over stock since I have a Stage 2 would it be 4 psi over that?
2) I will be doing some 1/4 mile passes and a roll racing event over the next several months and will use 102 octane race gas. What map would you suggest with race gas stacked with my tune?
3) When I get it installed I should log with Map 1 and send that to you?
4) Is a BCM available and/or do I need that?
(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 10:34 AM

When you're flash tuned the first step is always to install JB4 and log map0, so we can see where it's at. Assuming things look good then we'll start with a mild map6 adding say 1 or 2psi, and then evaluate, and go from there. Likely on the race gas something like map2 or map3 will work great. BCM is optional but may be required. Won't know until we see how it's boosting as that is determined by WGDC tables set in your flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG E63 S
Default 06-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
When you're flash tuned the first step is always to install JB4 and log map0, so we can see where it's at. Assuming things look good then we'll start with a mild map6 adding say 1 or 2psi, and then evaluate, and go from there. Likely on the race gas something like map2 or map3 will work great. BCM is optional but may be required. Won't know until we see how it's boosting as that is determined by WGDC tables set in your flash map.
Thanks Terry! I really appreciate it. I'm going to purchase right now. Once I get it installed I will log Map 0 and send it over. My next event isn't until September so I have some time to fine tune it.
(#175)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Sounds good!! Thx

Burger Motorsports