N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old

Car: 2020 F150 2.7
Default 07-27-2020, 09:29 PM

You have to get the cable and laptop to switch maps or do anything. Or get the Bluetooth and use you’re phone from what I understand. I just ordered mine today. Did yours come preloaded on map 1 or is it map 0 stock mode??
(#727)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 07-27-2020, 10:07 PM

Feels faster I would imagine it’s on map 1 I had JB4 On my BMW M4 and I remember changing the maps on the steering wheel I thought I was missing something I guess I have to shell out the 150 for the connect kit
(#728)
Old

Default 07-27-2020, 10:28 PM

Bad ass! My laptop won’t be here till next week with slow shipping from amazon going on right now. So was hoping it was already loaded up on map 1 to enjoy till it comes in. I had it on my 335i and the steering wheel to make changes was the best.! Maybe later they’ll get them going for the Ford. What year is yours? 2.7...3.5? Big difference?
(#729)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 09:06 AM

I have a 2018 Raptor definitely woke the truck up I also put the S&B cold air intake in and doesn't really make mouch more of a difference in sound but looks pretty sick thinking of doing the turbo upgraded flanges and Raptor QTP Aggressor Cutout ***** to get some more sound when I need
(#730)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 03:10 PM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#731)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 03:29 PM

OK so I finally got my Bluetooth connect kit for the raptor I read the directions fast for pinned and unpinned thinking that pinned was to connect the blue wire to the red wire within the JB4 harness reading it again I figured out that pinned was actually not using the blue wire I cannot connect my phone itís not picking up the Bluetooth at all did I fry it
(#732)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 03:36 PM

Never mind I got it to connect by going to the app and press and connect I thought I actually had to connect from the Bluetooth on my phone
(#733)
Old

Car: 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
Default 07-30-2020, 05:19 AM

Terry,

Just checking back in to see if you'll be able to get the Oil Temp monitoring/logging working and if you'll also be able to add in Oil Pressure on the JB4 App for the 2017+ F150 Ecoboost 3.5's.

I see the cvs. log files already show Oil Temp but its flat lined at 0 and seeing oil pressure on the Guages and Datalogs would also be a nice feature since this engine uses a variable pressure/volume oil pump.

A lot of people probably removed various OBD2 devices that showed both of these as well as a lots of other useful and/or useless data, but i think Oil temp (similar to Cylinder head temp) and Oil Pressure are desirable.

Thank you!

Rich

2017 F150 SuperCrew 3.5 Gen II Ecoboost
(AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)
(#734)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2020, 01:49 PM

Most trucks have oil pressure and oil temp in dash already, but one of these days we'll get those added in the JB4 app. No timeframe though. Might be a few months before we have time to get to it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#735)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 09:10 PM

Got my JB4 in today. Super easy install and map 1 definitely gives you a nice kick. And haven’t had issues with codes or anything. So just wanted to clear up maps real quick.

Map 1 - any octane you want to run (self adjust according to octane?)
Map 2 - Any octane as well? Or is this a 91+ type of map?
Map 3 - Stock with 91-93 ok?.....or has to be modified I.E cold air intake and down pipe and have 93?

Map 4 - For when the wife drives

Map 5 - Stock with no mods is ok as long as their E30 in the tank?

Super fast shipping by the way and awesome customer service!
(#736)
Old

Car: 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
Default 07-30-2020, 09:25 PM

Terry,

The 2017 F150’s with Ecoboost 3.5’s don’t have an actual oil pressure gauge, just a bar without any numbers and also no oil temp guages.

Before the JB4 I relied on my OBD2 OBDLink MX smartphone app to see actual oil pressure and temperature.

This app also showed calculated Horsepower and Torque that was quite useful as you changed things on the motor or tune...

Have you ever considered adding these calcs?

Thanks for looking into add these things when you can.

Rich

2017 F150 SuperCrew 3.5 Gen II Ecoboost
(AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)
(#737)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-30-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe200343
Got my JB4 in today. Super easy install and map 1 definitely gives you a nice kick. And haven’t had issues with codes or anything. So just wanted to clear up maps real quick.

Map 1 - any octane you want to run (self adjust according to octane?)
Map 2 - Any octane as well? Or is this a 91+ type of map?
Map 3 - Stock with 91-93 ok?.....or has to be modified I.E cold air intake and down pipe and have 93?

Map 4 - For when the wife drives

Map 5 - Stock with no mods is ok as long as their E30 in the tank?

Super fast shipping by the way and awesome customer service!
Always suggest using 91 octane minimum for stock and map 1.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#738)
Old

Car: 2008 335i n54 sedan
Default 07-31-2020, 01:06 PM

here is a map 2 pull if anyone can take a peek for me. running 93 octane and drop in filter.

So cant figure out how to upload it here. Keeps asking to put a URL in there. But AFR is around 10.9 top of 3rd gear and trims are around 28. high pressure fuel is stuck at 15.
(#739)
Old

Car: 2008 335i n54 sedan
Default 07-31-2020, 01:32 PM

figured it out! heres a log of 2nd and 3rd gear. on 93 octane and drop in kn filter
Attached Files
File Type: csv log 1 map 2 ....2nd and 3rd gear.csv (8.2 KB, 10 views)
(#740)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe2003
figured it out! heres a log of 2nd and 3rd gear. on 93 octane and drop in kn filter
Looks normal to me so far. No knock, boost and fueling where they should be.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#741)
Old

Default 08-04-2020, 03:32 PM

�� Been running strong as hell. Loving map 2. Is map 3 ok to try out with just 93 octane and a drop in filter? Or need modifications to run that map? Anyone run it yet?
(#742)
Old

Car: 2019 f150 2.7
Default 08-04-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe200343
�� Been running strong as hell. Loving map 2. Is map 3 ok to try out with just 93 octane and a drop in filter? Or need modifications to run that map? Anyone run it yet?
I ran map 3 on my 19 2.7 with just a drop in for a while before my inter cooker upgrade and it ran perfectly! So Iíd say your good to go in my book
(#743)
Old

Default 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM

So been running good on map 2....decided to hook up the laptop and try map 3. I had a safety showing of 2 for lean AFR. That was on map 2. I havenít noticed any misfires or anything so didnít know there was a code.

Does that mean map 2 is too aggressive for my 93/drop in filter set up? Not sure if I should try map 3 now that map 2 is lean on AFR? Any suggestions? Attached is a pic of Safety I got. Think I should go back to map 1?
(#744)
Old

Default 08-07-2020, 12:48 PM

I put the JB4 in about two weeks ago Iíve had it on map three I have resonator delete and cold air intake Iíve ran it on map five for a couple of pulls and then switch to map three when Iím on the mid load or coming down from High rpm I here a strong rattling from underneath the truck sounds like wastegate has anyone experienced this
(#745)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2020, 03:51 PM

Might just be normal noise but worth posting up a log when you hear it so we can ensure timing and boost are holding steady.

Burger Motorsports

(#746)
Old

Default 08-07-2020, 08:16 PM

Heres a video and I posted log as well happens after losing engine and letting go of throttle like a sticky wastegate 2018 Ford Raptor strong Rattle Wastegate - YouTube
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M3_R4_200807_1536.csv (70.3 KB, 8 views)
(#747)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi e92
Default 08-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Heres a video and I posted log as well happens after losing engine and letting go of throttle like a sticky wastegate 2018 Ford Raptor strong Rattle Wastegate - YouTube
It sounds like the IWE check valve for your front hubs, they go bad often on these trucks. Next time you get the rattle, throw it into 4A and I bet it goes away. $15 part, 1 minute to change.

2001 Corvette Z06
Performance*BTR stage 3 cam package*XS Power LTs and off road x-pipe*Vararam intake and power duct*Dyno tuned by Strictly Performance*Nitto 555r*450whp/408wtq*Best 1/4-11.3@122
2017 Ford F150
Performance*JB4*BCB e50 custom tune*QTP Resonator Delete with e-cutout*Best 1/4-12.7@108
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Not a ton of heavy throttle data here but what I can see looks OK to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports