N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2101)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Upgraded to the JB4 the other day. Went right to map 5 and have been loving the results (2008 335xi - JB4, DCI, 93 octane). Kudos Terry!

+1 on the exhaust flap feature. Would be nice to easily change back/forth
(#2102)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-25-2011, 12:32 PM

I put all my commands in via laptop, what whould i do to leave the flapper always open?
(#2103)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 12:39 PM

4/5.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2104)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

cool! home sick today from work, but will definitely try to get this loaded. yessss
(#2105)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 12:56 PM

THanks Terry, now if i could only remember how i uploaded the firmwar, lol
(#2106)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 04-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Ah new firmware, seems I'll be working from home tomorrow :D
(#2107)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
THanks Terry, now if i could only remember how i uploaded the firmwar, lol
I needed a refresher too:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8035
(#2108)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Upgraded to new firmware during conference call - but can't test for another couple hours. This sucks! lol

Terry - If I'm running Map 5 - will the map need to 're-learn'/autotune again, or will the auto tuned settings carry over (I'm assuming it will reset)? I think I read that it resets even with a map change. Is there any way to make this 'sticky' so that the data it collects will persist a map change?

Just curious to know how those setting changes work.
(#2109)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM

It will (and should) reset if you change maps. But not if you upload firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2110)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse12
The quick version:

Uninstall old interface (computer software)
Download 4/20 interface and .hex files
Install new 4/20 interface
Connect to JB4
Go to File | Upload Firmware
Select the new JB4_042011.hex file
Wait for it to finish
Disconnect
Enjoy!
(#2111)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM

Nice job terry. I was just wasting fuel in my garage playing with the exhaust flap. No wot runs for me today. We have lota of rain on the way.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2112)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM

What is the CAN_022111.HEX file for? Do I need to upload that as well, or is this for something else? A site search didn't seem to net any results
(#2113)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse12
What is the CAN_022111.HEX file for? Do I need to upload that as well, or is this for something else? A site search didn't seem to net any results
Do not need that. That is the old firmware.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2114)
Old

Default 04-25-2011, 04:45 PM

ANyone have lagfix set to 100?
(#2115)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
ANyone have lagfix set to 100?
Default is 80, tried it on 100. Didnt really notice a difference
(#2116)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM

2008 Idrive here and it doesn't turn off. bummer.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#2117)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
2008 Idrive here and it doesn't turn off. bummer.
Not surprised. I think that one is going to be model by model as there are lots of potential commands/modules to interface there. We'll just have to note which models those test commands work for and which ones they don't and go from there.

Burger Motorsports

(#2118)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM

T, glad you have the AFR curves in there. I assume this is the same scale as the other AFR was (0-100)?

Also, I think I have the 1k resistors in there. How does that effect the AFR biasing that is output in the logs? Does it change the values or just allows for a lower AFR to be reached. IIRC, the fueling resistors just limit how low the AFR can go and there is no difference between the a 3K and 1K resistor at say an AFR of 12.
(#2119)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 04-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not surprised. I think that one is going to be model by model as there are lots of potential commands/modules to interface there. We'll just have to note which models those test commands work for and which ones they don't and go from there.
Sounds good. I love the Flap feature though, and i'm sure you will get those pesky I-drive commands working for every car.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#2120)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow
T, glad you have the AFR curves in there. I assume this is the same scale as the other AFR was (0-100)?

Also, I think I have the 1k resistors in there. How does that effect the AFR biasing that is output in the logs? Does it change the values or just allows for a lower AFR to be reached. IIRC, the fueling resistors just limit how low the AFR can go and there is no difference between the a 3K and 1K resistor at say an AFR of 12.
Same 0-100 scaling. So now you get to enter your own curve. On nitrous it will probably be 100 all across.

Burger Motorsports

(#2121)
Old

Car: any
Default 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM

so what is the main summary of this just better nitrous & meth support as well as the flapper?
(#2122)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 06:51 PM

For many the only useful upgrade is the flapper. It's a lot of back end and higher performance stuff.

Burger Motorsports

(#2123)
Old

Car: any
Default 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM

ok thanks Great work Terry !!!!!!!
(#2124)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-25-2011, 08:23 PM

I just uploaded the new firmware, I have an '06 build and my iDrive didn't turn off. The iDrive thing doesn't bother me anyway cuz my stations would always change and then it would unmute so I just turn the volume all the way down when I make in-dash changes... Anyway, I tried out the CANflap option and I noticed that I can close it but then a few seconds later it just opens itself back up again, is that normal? I've never played around with the flap before today so I don't know when it's suppose to open or close but I thought it was suppose to stay closed at idle and low RPM conditions and that's why people were rigging it open...
(#2125)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM

With CANflap off it will do whatever it does stock. I think they open it at idle and close it during light cruise. It reopens under heavy throttle.

Burger Motorsports