N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Talking M140i run @ 11.98 1/4 mile - 07-04-2017, 05:14 AM

My car totally surprised me at the UK BMW event Santa Pod, I did not expect it to do anywhere near the times it did, I was expecting it to do high 12’s with a tune. Car is a UK M140i Auto, 2K on the clock.
I was hoping to get some logs of the runs but i got the USB cable caught in the passenger seat slide rails and damaged it so i was running blind as i dont have the Bluetooth connection, was so lucky i got the Meth map to the stage to do the final run.

The first run of the day I done was with no tune, map4, + air filter and the free flowing DWN PIPE, it run 13.15 @ 114 mph (with a bad launch).

Second run map 1, run a 12.44 @ 115 mph, was well impressed as it pulled so hard all the way to the line.

Third run, map 3, run a 12.26 @ 117 mph.

Was now running out of time as it took so long to Queue for a run, racing finished at 4 pm, so i thought i would give map 7 a try, run a 11.98 @ 115 mph. see attached pic of time slip.

All runs were with Toyo R88r tyres, 2nd gear launch @ 3k RPM (might try a first gear launch next time). VP 104 race fuel (1/2 tank), last run was with 90% meth injection + twin nozzle’s.

Thanks Terry and all that has helped to get the car to this stage.

You Tube Vid @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET4rzGlj5Vs
Attached Images

Last edited by BazBar; 07-04-2017 at 06:40 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 07-04-2017, 05:20 AM

Saw you a few times in the queue whilst queing myself. Well done on the times, they're fantastic. Which firmware are you using on the JB4? Any tips for launching? I wa sjust spinning out every time.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-04-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedrkstevo
Saw you a few times in the queue whilst queing myself. Well done on the times, they're fantastic. Which firmware are you using on the JB4? Any tips for launching? I wa sjust spinning out every time.
Hi, Latest firmware, was a long wait in the queue, try launching in 2nd gear, these cars have a lot of torque. if you have the run flats get rid.

Last edited by BazBar; 07-04-2017 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: spelling
(#4)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 07-04-2017, 11:49 AM

Great runs and nice looking 140. Any reason why the trap speed look similar to a b58 running just intake/tune/******** (no meth).
(#5)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 07-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Were you running meth? If not, would running map 7 with no meth not damage your car?
(#6)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 07-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Just read the whole thread! Sorry, I see it now!
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2017, 08:52 PM

Congrats!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 07-05-2017, 01:27 AM

Congrats on the time mate, I see the car round a few times on Sunday, but each time it just looked abandoned lol.

You looking to attend any other RWYB sessions this year?

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA
(#9)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 07-05-2017, 03:19 AM

Wow, into the 11s - brilliant So wished I lived nearer Santa Pod

Am I right in thinking you used to have a 135i? How does the M140i compare?

Also, noticed you are running 104. I've been running E since 2012 and if you're interested, feel free to drop me a PM re source/costs etc. It's not cheap but I'm guessing 104 isn't either?

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#10)
Old

Default 07-05-2017, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_liam
Congrats on the time mate, I see the car round a few times on Sunday, but each time it just looked abandoned lol.

I spoke to so many people i cant remember anyone's names, was being asked so many questions.

After each run i parked up at the back next to my other car.

Yes will be going back in a few weeks time as i want to get some logs as i didn't get any this time as i stuffed the USB cable. Have now replaced the cable and all is working well.

What is strange, i am now running around town (London) with Map 1 and the car is running crap, getting bad throttle closure, but Sunday the car ran like a dream. I have also been looking at a few other peoples Logs that they gave me, It seems they are all so different. Its early days with this platform so hopefully it wont be to long before it gets sorted.
(#11)
Old

Default 07-05-2017, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Wow, into the 11s - brilliant So wished I lived nearer Santa Pod

Am I right in thinking you used to have a 135i? How does the M140i compare?

Also, noticed you are running 104. I've been running E since 2012 and if you're interested, feel free to drop me a PM re source/costs etc. It's not cheap but I'm guessing 104 isn't either?
Yes i had a 135i, as far as stock cars go for a comparison i like the 140i a little bit more, the gearbox is better (8 speed), the engine is smoother, apart from that they are very similar. My 135i had big custom turbo's & a Quaife diff, the power used to come on so strong. I will be getting a Quaife for the M140i in the next month or so, have been told it transforms the car from Good to Great.
Thanks for the offer on the Ethanol, i have tried it in the M140i, car didn't like it, i only run the VP104 +Additive (TORCO) for special occasions, i do put a splash of the Torco in with the Shell V Power to take it around 100 for everyday use, with the 50/50 Meth for everyday use i find its ok. I don't do a lot of miles in it, just coming up to 2K on the clock, had the car since early March.

I now have the adaptive M suspension and i love it, best option from BMW in my opinion. Keeps very flat around corners. But not everyone's cup of tea.
(#12)
Old

Car: 135is DCT
Default 09-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Well Done ��

Is yre car manual ?
If not how do u launch in 2nd ?
(#13)
Old

Car: Bmw m240i
Default 09-03-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar
I spoke to so many people i cant remember anyone's names, was being asked so many questions.

Yes will be going back in a few weeks time as i want to get some logs as i didn't get any this time as i stuffed the USB cable. Have now replaced the cable and all is working well.

What is strange, i am now running around town (London) with Map 1 and the car is running crap, getting bad throttle closure, but Sunday the car ran like a dream. I have also been looking at a few other peoples Logs that they gave me, It seems they are all so different. Its early days with this platform so hopefully it wont be to long before it gets sorted.
Have you gotten your car running better? Or is throttle closure still a problem?
(#14)
Old

Default 09-04-2017, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboss
Well Done ��

Is yre car manual ?
If not how do u launch in 2nd ?
The car is Auto, Put the car in Sport+, tap gear stick to left (UK car) ,select 2nd gear with the paddles. Hold left foot hard on brake, right foot on Throttle, bring up to 3k RPM......
(#15)
Old

Default 09-04-2017, 04:22 AM

[QUOTE=Bmw m240i;557043]Have you gotten your car running better? Or is throttle closure still a problem?[/

Still getting a bit of throttle closure, but not as bad. Its strange as every day seems so different, some times i get it bad and some times very little, this is on map 7 running dual no7 nozzles. The car seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes when i feel the car cut power i have noticed that the traction control has done it, not the fuelling ?.

So many people are trying different settings within the JB4 to try and combat this issue, it would be good to get all this information together in one place.
(#16)
Old

Default 09-04-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar

N54_liam

Going to try and get to the POD (UK) on the Saturday 30th September, can anyone else make it ?.
(#17)
Old

Car: 135is DCT
Default 08-05-2018, 12:58 PM

any other runs & changes to yre car ?
(#18)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboss
any other runs & changes to yre car ?
Hi, have only been back to the Pod once since, was early in the year, so was very cold, only went to try some new tires on the new surface they had laid over the winter months.

The results were not that good, but all constant around the 12.1

Now its too hot so might go when it cools down a bit in a few weeks. I am also looking at the ECU flash from these guys, https://www.performance-centre.co.uk/ in addition to the JB4 for the Meth injection.