N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Stinger 22
Default Stinger Map 2 bolt on shopping list - 11-21-2021, 03:48 PM

Hello all,

I drive a stinger .2022 for a couple of months now and after the basic bolt on add
Intake BMS
Ark mid pipe
Borla catback
To give some voice to the stinger, I was looking the JB4 and this forum for a while, to finally decide to cross the line, register and order everything needed to run a map2 on a daily base.

From what I understood, the almost perfect shopping list is:
JB4 Bluetooth (obviously) and update the firmware
Fuel wire adapter
EWG wire ( because of the exhaust modification to prevent overboost code)
Bms oil catch can no maintenance
Spark plugs at 0.022 HKS

Following the installation of the Jb4, get some log on map 0/1/2 in 3rd/4th from 2000 to red line, pedal to the metal and post the log here to see if everything is in order and safe

Knowing I am in Canada and I will run the beast with Petro Canada octane 94 from what I understood map2 is the max.

Did I missed anything?
With all the new firmware and wire what kind of HP I can expect ?

Thank you

Stinger GT2 AWD22
BMS intakes/ARK midpipe/borla catback/jb4
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-22-2021, 12:40 PM

First, great job on doing your research!
You've nailed it as far as mods and expectations. With your current mods and the addition of the JB, you have close to the equivalent of the 450 hp kit.
I personally think you're going down the right road, and it sets you up later if you want to add methanol.
Good luck!
(#3)
Old

Default 11-24-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
First, great job on doing your research!
You've nailed it as far as mods and expectations. With your current mods and the addition of the JB, you have close to the equivalent of the 450 hp kit.
I personally think you're going down the right road, and it sets you up later if you want to add methanol.
Good luck!
thanks, quick question too, with the JB4 bluetooth, I can change the map through the phone and Wiper or only Phone ? ( I do not ant the wiper option in order to avoid any mistake from wife and kids when they drive)

Any Dyno result with fuel wire/EWG wire on map2 (intake and exhaust) or 3?

i m curious to see the change with those wires.

Stinger GT2 AWD22
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2021, 09:35 AM

Maps are changed via phone app. Wiper map changing is an option you'd turn on if you wanted it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 11-24-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maps are changed via phone app. Wiper map changing is an option you'd turn on if you wanted it.
Thank you, between the jb4, fuel wire and EWG wire how much time I should count to install that ?

Stinger GT2 AWD22
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2021, 10:52 AM

Maybe an hour the first go around.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-02-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maybe an hour the first go around.
thank you Terry, that will be the first time for this shop to put the EWG wire, I found this video for the stinger and the written explanation on your website:

EWG wires install on JB4 and JB4 app settings! Helps with turbo Lag!! - YouTube

any other video explaining ?

for the step:

1. put Jb4-fuel wire-EWG-wire
1b. reconnect the battery
2. download the app Jb4 on iPhone and pair with he bluetooth connector
3. update firmware
4. Log map 0 (3rd gear 2000tr pedal to the medal to the redline)
5. log map 1
6. lop map 2
7. post the log here to see if everything is ok

am I correct ?

thanks in advance

Stinger GT2 AWD22