N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4701)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 2.0t AWD
Default Any ideas? - 11-16-2021, 01:48 PM

So yesterday, Terry just looked at my map2 log and said it looked fine, just a couple minor corrections. Well, in my quest for information/perfection, I decided to add royal purple Max boost octane booster to see what would happen with the corrections. Now my car is running like crap, falling on it's face. My boost is going to sh!t mid acceleration. I even tried map1 and had the same results. I looked at previous logs to double-check, and the boost was pretty flat. Timing corrections still look fine, as far as I can tell, so it doesn't look like timing being pulled (unless I'm looking at it wrong). But something is clearly wrong. Does this make sense to anyone? Why octane booster would or could do something like this? See screen shots. I'm hoping it goes back to normal with my next tank.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R4_211116_1503.csv (44.8 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by tCizzler; 11-16-2021 at 01:58 PM..
(#4702)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domeoner
Semi-off topic but if I were to order the JB4 bundle, how long would it take to ship? I'm leaving town Thanksgiving and do not want it sitting out front.
Email sales@burgertuning.com to confirm everything is in stock. But normally ships within a day or two.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4703)
Old

Car: Kia Cerato GT 1.6 (AUS)
Default 11-17-2021, 01:29 AM

Could you please have a look at my log as there is something weird going on.

You will see the first two have an AFR of 14.9 and does not change, I have confirmed that when this happens the JB4 Mobile gauge also stays at 14.9.

After the first two when I noticed this issue I restarted the App and still the same, I then turned the vehicle OFF then ON and the AFR started working again. I then did some runs with the AFR working and it was fine for the next hour.

All other reading/values seem fine so the OBD connection must be good.

Are you aware of this issue and/or what may be causing it?

EDIT: I just went to pick the kids up and I had to restart the vehicle 3 times to get the AFR working, then the engine light came on Code P2626. I have been playing with MAP 6 and was getting it to a good place and now this. I changed it to MAP 0 on the way home and the AFR was fine, so must be something with MAP 6.

Thanks

98 (RON)
Intercooler Resonator Delete
HKS 45 M-Series Spark plugs
MSD Ignition Coils
Takes a Stage 2 Air Intake
Attached Files
File Type: csv Me_P21_M6_R6_211117_1720_Bias.csv (32.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by gnarmstr; 11-17-2021 at 02:04 AM..
(#4704)
Old

Car: Mk7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition
Default 11-21-2021, 04:52 PM

I have an odd one...
After updating from 21/16/5 to the latest stable firmware my JB4 appears to get stuck on the last selected map in the background. The app shows the new map I selected but the car is unchanged from the previous one.

Example:
Everything seemed fine the other day when I swapped from Map 2 to Map 8 during a dealer visit and returned to Map 2.
Now if, after many attempts, I can get it to swap to say Map 8, it cuts boost after a few pulls as expected but for whatever reason continues to do so long after Maps 0-2 are selected and many WOT pulls. Same if I get it to load Map 0 then swap to other maps like 8. Logs show no change between them.

I have reloaded, redownloaded, and deleted firmware files, deleted the app, deleted app cache/data, etc.
Does this vehicle not support map switching while driving?
Is the vehicle adaptation getting hung up?
Very confusing... plan to just leave it on the preferred map soon as I get it to work again.

2019 VW Golf GTI Rabbit Edition (sold) - JB4
2018 Kia Stinger GT RWD - JB4, Intakes, Intercooler, Catback, OCCs, Pedal Controller

Last edited by SOLID FARRELL; 11-21-2021 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Clarity
(#4705)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2021, 11:50 AM

Attach a JB4 CSV log if you want us to check your settings.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4706)
Old

Default 11-22-2021, 12:39 PM

Per request.
Car is on 93, last pulls on Map 2.

After a bit of fiddling around I got it to swap between Maps 2 and 8 a few times but regardless which way I go the previous map seems to get stuck regardless what the app says. I get Map 2 boost levels long after 8 is selected and vice versa.
Last successful change from 8 to 2 took shutting off the car, unlinking kit from account, clearing connected device, and then loading Map 2 before restarting car if I recall.
Leaving it on Map 2 for the time being.

Does the Kia not support map switching while running or is this just luck.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R44_211122_115735.csv (223.1 KB, 28 views)

2018 Kia Stinger GT RWD - JB4, Intakes, Intercooler, Catback, OCCs, Pedal Controller

Last edited by SOLID FARRELL; 11-22-2021 at 12:48 PM..
(#4707)
Old

Car: kia stringer
Default 11-22-2021, 09:57 PM

Stinger 3.3. If I have a flash tune what do I need to do as far as settings? I assume I use map 0 or map 6 if re-install my WMI?

What can I still do with my JB4 at that point beyond logging?

Thanks

Last edited by neonland; 11-22-2021 at 10:17 PM..
(#4708)
Old

Car: 2022 stinger gt2
Default Boostane - 11-23-2021, 11:53 AM

Stinger 3.3
Can I use 93 and Boostane for Map4? If so what octane number should I run?
(#4709)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-23-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonland
Stinger 3.3. If I have a flash tune what do I need to do as far as settings? I assume I use map 0 or map 6 if re-install my WMI?

What can I still do with my JB4 at that point beyond logging?

Thanks
Enable the non-factory flash option and the JB4 will operate normally on any map. If wanting to run meth, I'd suggest running map 7 to retain the safeties and then you can adjust your additive accordingly. If you don't want the JB4 to add additional boost, just set the additive to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkshkr
Stinger 3.3
Can I use 93 and Boostane for Map4? If so what octane number should I run?
Best to upload a log so we can take a look at it but I'd start with map 3 and then progress to map 4 if the log looks good.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4710)
Old

Default 11-29-2021, 09:39 AM

Any idea why the car wouldnt adjust to Map changes?
I explained the problem in my previous response and assumed everyone took the holiday off, but appears to just go without answer.

(#4711)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLID FARRELL
Any idea why the car wouldnt adjust to Map changes?
I explained the problem in my previous response and assumed everyone took the holiday off, but appears to just go without answer.
You probably turned on the wiper map switching. It's documented in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#4712)
Old

Default 11-29-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You probably turned on the wiper map switching. It's documented in the first post.
I had considered that but it was off and the switch had no affect. I did enable it to troubleshoot map switching while driving for safety reasons.

Anytime I switch maps the car doesnt adjust and continues to perform based on the last map selected. I am on Map 2 for example, if I swapped to Valet nothing happens until I jump through hoops to get it to work.

If you can see which map I selected in the logs provided you will see what I mean.

(#4713)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLID FARRELL
I had considered that but it was off and the switch had no affect. I did enable it to troubleshoot map switching while driving for safety reasons.

Anytime I switch maps the car doesnt adjust and continues to perform based on the last map selected. I am on Map 2 for example, if I swapped to Valet nothing happens until I jump through hoops to get it to work.

If you can see which map I selected in the logs provided you will see what I mean.
Attach a JB4 log if you want me to check your settings, or if you need individual support email me terry@burgertuning.com. I can't easily track individual support threads in a big forum like this.

Burger Motorsports

(#4714)
Old

Car: Civic 1.5 turbo
Exclamation Problem - 11-30-2021, 05:55 PM

Hi Terry I have a problem. I have a JB4 pre owned and when trying to start I get this message: "No devices Found During scan. Ensure you've enabled location services for JB4 Mobile from your settings app no ​​this device. Android requires this service for scanning". After I check the configuration of my phone I have all the permissions enabled also within the app. Could you help me please? Thanks Terry
Attached Images

(#4715)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian15
Hi Terry I have a problem. I have a JB4 pre owned and when trying to start I get this message: "No devices Found During scan. Ensure you've enabled location services for JB4 Mobile from your settings app no ​​this device. Android requires this service for scanning". After I check the configuration of my phone I have all the permissions enabled also within the app. Could you help me please? Thanks Terry
There isn't much I can do on app support other than go over the basics. You can try contacting JB4 mobile directly for that, support@jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#4716)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default 12-01-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Enable the non-factory flash option and the JB4 will operate normally on any map. If wanting to run meth, I'd suggest running map 7 to retain the safeties and then you can adjust your additive accordingly. If you don't want the JB4 to add additional boost, just set the additive to 0.

Best to upload a log so we can take a look at it but I'd start with map 3 and then progress to map 4 if the log looks good.
Is it true that if I have Meth Additive set to 0 the JB4 will add no additional Boost? I tried this a few weeks ago and was getting 4+ PSI added on top of the ECU tune (Boost shot up to 25psi and went into safety) Is there another setting I need to check? I would really like to run map 7 with the safety features
(#4717)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy7_12
Is it true that if I have Meth Additive set to 0 the JB4 will add no additional Boost? I tried this a few weeks ago and was getting 4+ PSI added on top of the ECU tune (Boost shot up to 25psi and went into safety) Is there another setting I need to check? I would really like to run map 7 with the safety features
No, a zero additive is similar to map1.

What are you trying to do exactly? If the goal is for meth to flow but the JB4 not to add any boost use map6 and set boost values to 0 across the board.

Burger Motorsports

(#4718)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default 12-01-2021, 10:44 AM

Thanks Terry, I have been using map 6 for the most part. Guess my goal/thought was to use map 7 to increase boost with the WMI along with the ECU tune. Trying to simplify the fine tuning process. Instead of changing boost using map 6 i was looking to see if the Map 7 logic could do the hard work and me only adjust the additive. Just me being lazy
(#4719)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2021, 09:10 PM

Use map6 then there is a setting (meth_safety = 1) to make map6 a function of meth flow so you have a safety system.

Burger Motorsports

(#4720)
Old

Car: 2013 kia optima sxl
Default 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0t - 12-03-2021, 09:22 AM

Which hks spark plugs do you recommend and should they be gapped to .024? Thank you! I had the jb4 on my optima but it was recently totaled by a deer. Also, will the fuel wire be the same on this engine?
(#4721)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2021, 05:25 PM

We stock the HKS plugs, gap to 0.022"

https://burgertuning.com/products/hk...6e8f96b7&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports

(#4722)
Old

Car: 2013 kia optima sxl
Default Genesis coupe 2.0t - 12-03-2021, 05:56 PM

I should use the m45il or m45xl? I had someone tell me il, just wanted to check with you. thanks
(#4723)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 2.0T
Default G70 2.0T - 12-08-2021, 07:22 AM

Hi all!

Looking to see if anyone can have a look at my map 2 logs. Setup is a Genesis G70 2.0T on 97 RON, NGK 97312 spark plugs, VT snorkels and secondary *** delete with a muffler replacement.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_211208_180323.csv (24.2 KB, 16 views)
(#4724)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 12-13-2021, 09:44 AM

It's been a while since I have seen any firmware updates. Are there any new features or fixes planned for the future?

2020 G70 3.3TT AWD
HKS M45IL Plugs
(#4725)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 12-16-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarmstr
Could you please have a look at my log as there is something weird going on.

You will see the first two have an AFR of 14.9 and does not change, I have confirmed that when this happens the JB4 Mobile gauge also stays at 14.9.

After the first two when I noticed this issue I restarted the App and still the same, I then turned the vehicle OFF then ON and the AFR started working again. I then did some runs with the AFR working and it was fine for the next hour.

All other reading/values seem fine so the OBD connection must be good.

Are you aware of this issue and/or what may be causing it?

EDIT: I just went to pick the kids up and I had to restart the vehicle 3 times to get the AFR working, then the engine light came on Code P2626. I have been playing with MAP 6 and was getting it to a good place and now this. I changed it to MAP 0 on the way home and the AFR was fine, so must be something with MAP 6.

Thanks

98 (RON)
Intercooler Resonator Delete
HKS 45 M-Series Spark plugs
MSD Ignition Coils
Takes a Stage 2 Air Intake
Check the OBD-II connection again. Not at the OBD-II plug but the connection to the JB4.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)