(#76)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default 11-22-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalbo
Hi

Any Idea why my software wont show the injector option shift-f4?

Thanks
i can help you fix this
(#77)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default inpa software missing injector coding menu - 01-03-2017, 12:33 AM

Hi guys, im new to the forum, and love working on my car, I hardly trust no one with my car so i like doing things myself, ive done several things to my 535i, i replaced the air filter with a high flow unit, valve cover gasket, spark-plugs and coils, but still had hesitation upon start-up that would clear out later on , anyways i bit the bullet bought new injectors and the software and cable from ebay from a trusted source with good reviews, anyways everything installed properly, i connected the cable flawlessly and when i got to system diagnosen f9, the msd80 menu is MISSING THE SHIFT F4 INJECTOR CODEN LINK , GUYS ive been struggling with these for 5 days, download it a different version of inpa, no luck same problem, although i am using a windows 7 64 bit laptop, dont know if thats my problem , they recommend xp win 32 bit, , Soooooo
Any help to get my car running without breaking the bank would be awesome!, again any imput will be much appreciate it! good day!
(#78)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 01-04-2017, 08:14 AM

I did mine with win 7 with Wedge's instructions. Give him a pm. A great guy. I almost pulled all of my hairs before i contacted him. Dont waste your time and money. Let me also know if needed help. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEBAD535I
Hi guys, im new to the forum, and love working on my car, I hardly trust no one with my car so i like doing things myself, ive done several things to my 535i, i replaced the air filter with a high flow unit, valve cover gasket, spark-plugs and coils, but still had hesitation upon start-up that would clear out later on , anyways i bit the bullet bought new injectors and the software and cable from ebay from a trusted source with good reviews, anyways everything installed properly, i connected the cable flawlessly and when i got to system diagnosen f9, the msd80 menu is MISSING THE SHIFT F4 INJECTOR CODEN LINK , GUYS ive been struggling with these for 5 days, download it a different version of inpa, no luck same problem, although i am using a windows 7 64 bit laptop, dont know if thats my problem , they recommend xp win 32 bit, , Soooooo
Any help to get my car running without breaking the bank would be awesome!, again any imput will be much appreciate it! good day!

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E50,
Fuel-it! Stage 2,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.026")
(#79)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Sedan
Default 12-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalbo
Hi

Any Idea why my software wont show the injector option shift-f4?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEBAD535I
... anyways everything installed properly, i connected the cable flawlessly and when i got to system diagnosen f9, the msd80 menu is MISSING THE SHIFT F4 INJECTOR CODEN LINK , GUYS ive been struggling with these for 5 days, download it a different version of inpa, no luck same problem, although i am using a windows 7 64 bit laptop, dont know if thats my problem , they recommend xp win 32 bit, ...
Hello folks. First post here. I tried to follow the DIY shown in this thread, but I encountered the exact same problem as the two people quoted above. I saw the same problem reported on one or two other forums as well, but I could never find any answers! Well, I think I found the answer, so I wanted to post it here in case anyone else is looking for it.

The software I am using is INPA 5.0.6, which was included in a software package called "Mike’s Easy BMW Tools", which came with a K-CAN/D-CAN cable that I bought online. A few of the other common coding tools were also included. I never had any problems with cable communication. I was able to read and clear trouble codes and initialize things like the active steering.

But, when I tried to code the calibration values for new injectors, I realized that the "Systemdiagnosen" screen had different options than what was described in the DIY guides I had seen. The screen should have looked like what is pictured in this video, but parts of the screen were missing. There was no option "EOL Injektormengenabgleich" that is activated by pressing Shift-F4.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zb4CdXq-8RE

After re-reading the DIY guides, and the help files included with the software package I bought, and reading many BMW forum threads on various websites, I came to the conclusion that my installation of INPA was pointing to the wrong version of some file. Using the search program AgentRansack, I searched the INPA directory for files containing the text of the incorrect Systemdiagnosen screen. What I found was that the file C:\EC-APPS\INPA\SGDAT\msd80.ipo was defining the screens that INPA used to display data and take input for the MSD80 engine computer. The file "msd80.ipo" didn't have any reference to the injector calibration.

But I also noticed that there was a second file, "msd80-german.ipo". I searched again for the text "Injektor", and I found that "msd80-german.ipo" included that text. It appears that the software package included a partially translated version of the menu file for the MSD80 in an attempt to make things easier for English users. Unfortunately, the translated version was lacking some features of the German version.

What I did was to rename the "msd80.ipo" file to "msd80-TRANSLATED.ipo". Then I renamed the "msd80-german.ipo" to "msd80.ipo".

The next time I opened INPA, the Systemdiagnosen screen looked like the screen shown in the video, with the proper option "EOL Injektormengenabgleich" for Shift-F4 (and other injector-related options as well).

I haven't yet actually coded the car for the new injectors, as it's outside under my area's first snowfall, but I am hopeful that it will work now. I will try to update this post later to indicate how it went.

Edit: The coding worked! So I am pleased.

With further thought, I realized that some people may not have the same two versions of the msd80 file that I did, depending on where they got INPA. So they may need to find the correct file somewhere else if they don't already have it under the wrong name. With that in mind, I think that at least this shows what is the cause of the missing injector calibration options.

Last edited by S_Mazza; 12-10-2017 at 06:18 PM..
(#80)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 03-31-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Mazza
What I did was to rename the "msd80.ipo" file to "msd80-TRANSLATED.ipo". Then I renamed the "msd80-german.ipo" to "msd80.ipo".
WOW! Big thanks for this. I've tried several versions of software (paid/free) and ran into this problem every time. Edited the .ipo file names and now it works. Thanks again.

FBO
JB4
BEF-E85
E40
PCV-EXT
XHP
(#81)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Sedan
Default 04-10-2018, 05:14 PM

You're welcome! I am glad someone found it useful. Tying up one of the Internet's many loose ends.