N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: F11
Default 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM

Hey guys. Glad to see this thread still going!
Wanted to inform you that we're now offering REMOTE INJECTOR CODING SERVICE due to popular demand.
What does this include?

1 - EUA OMITEC Cable (specifically for your vehicle, VIN matched)
2 - Software in Englsih and intallation
3 - Coding new values to your injectors

$99 TOTAL COST TO YOU!

The cable does come with our Lifetime Warranty as all of our cables do. We're that confident in design and production of our cables...besides it being the absolute best on the market for BMW AG vehicles.

Contact Nicolas
SUPPORT@EUAUTOHAUS.COM

Last edited by EUAutoHaus; 01-21-2015 at 05:24 PM..
(#52)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i N54 JB4 stage 3 + Bmw M5 F10
Default 02-17-2015, 05:29 PM

Hy guys, can someone tell me how to change to gasket ring without the special tool? I put an used injector on my 335i (261-09) and when I try to change the ring, it becomes too much larger.
(#53)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 02-25-2015, 12:51 PM

Hey guys, I am looking at replacing the fuel injector 5 as I used the JB4 software to read codes. I got a message that states cylinder five misfire.

I replaced the plugs and the coil, Still the car runs really bad and I can literally see and feel gas coming out of the exhaust left pipe on my 535i.

Fuel injector stuck open I guess.

Now I need to buy an injector and the software, where and how would be appreciated.

I read through the thread and am wondering on what did you guys do, and was it successful.

Thanks
(#54)
Old

Car: E92 335i N54
Default 02-25-2015, 08:26 PM

I plan on using this DIY to swap my injectors/coils. I have a couple questions though:

1.) A few of the updated injectors I purchased are used, do I have to replace the black O-rings towards the bottom? (Hear they expand and aren't any good after removed from car)

2.) Looking for a good source for coding software. Any help?

Thank you guys
(#55)
Old
HPFP # 2

Car: 09 6MT 135i
Default 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM

I just bought a set of 6 intermotor/standard motor injectors from rock auto. Yep. They are the real deal as far as I can tell. Index 12, branded with the BMW logo. ~$800 is way better than ~$1400 from elsewhere - that's nearly half the cost.
(#56)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 03-16-2015, 09:55 AM

Hey guys, I just want to give my appreciation and heads up for a great guy.

This guy Nic remotely logged in to my PC from his home, sent me the serial cable, downloaded everything and coded my injectors.

I replaced all six injectors with a new valve cover gasket, he set up my battery, and injectors with the serial cable he provided.

The guy is always on time, prompt and does the job.

Nic is the man and is a definite huge plus to the n54 community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus
Wanted to inform you that we're now offering REMOTE INJECTOR CODING SERVICE due to popular demand.
What does this include?

$99 TOTAL COST TO YOU!

The cable does come with our Lifetime Warranty as all of our cables do. We're that confident in design and production of our cables...besides it being the absolute best on the market for BMW AG vehicles.

Contact Nicolas
SUPPORT@EUAUTOHAUS.COM
(#57)
Old
HPFP # 2

Default 03-23-2015, 03:06 AM

I just swapped all 6, but just now opened ALL of the boxes yesterday. One of the electrical connections was damaged by shipping. They were well packed and had plenty of packing paper inside the blue boxes, the connectors are plastic and I broke 3 of the old ones removing the connector - they are fragile, be careful!
Fortunately, I was able to still make the connector drive the injector without an issue. Rock auto is going to replace it for me for free, (have not received confirmation yet, did it late last night). Be sure to check ALL of them for damage when they arrive! One of the protection caps was mushed in as well - Good thing they come with protector caps

What a difference. They all work perfectly now. I pulled out a bank of group 6 and a bank of group 9 injectors that were all new (at some point) thanks to stock warranty that took care of it for me when they started faulting. This thing runs smoother than I remember it first starting up at the factory in South Carolina.

I seriously believe that coding is crucial to this job to ensure a smooth running engine - you want all of the cylinders to be balanced and you achieve that by insuring the injectors are flow-matched. I used my buddy's setup he got together for his E90. We both have N54 MSD80's, so it did not matter if he had the files for E82 - as long as you can get to the MSD80's injector coding screen and it communicates and works, you are fine. His was translated to english. Sorry, not sure where he acquired his copy.
I'm curious if cleaning the carbon off the tips rejuvenate a problematic injector and help re-balance and bring the injectors back to calibration, or if they wear out via some other mechanism and just need to be replaced as a wear item. I may try to refurbish these group 12's in another 40-50,000 miles if that last that long. I have no reason to doubt that they would.
(#58)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-22-2015, 06:51 AM

Just wanted to chime in on the FJ1050 injectors from RockAuto. I'm frustrated as hell because I waited 1 week for these to arrive, only to find out that the are index 11. I called customer service and they said they are only available from "1 vendor on the west coast" right now and that they could not check the part numbers inside the box before shipment, so it is likely that if I return and reorder I will get another baych of 2-year old injectors.

Back to square one...
(#59)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default 04-22-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69
Just wanted to chime in on the FJ1050 injectors from RockAuto. I'm frustrated as hell because I waited 1 week for these to arrive, only to find out that the are index 11. I called customer service and they said they are only available from "1 vendor on the west coast" right now and that they could not check the part numbers inside the box before shipment, so it is likely that if I return and reorder I will get another baych of 2-year old injectors.

Back to square one...

you should be finenwith 11.1 index anything below 11.1 you might have some issues. as long as all your injectors have 11.xx index then you ok.
(#60)
Old
HPFP # 2

Default 04-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselarajan87
you should be finenwith 11.1 index anything below 11.1 you might have some issues. as long as all your injectors have 11.xx index then you ok.
Agreed.
I consider these a wear item on this motor anyways, not like it's for the lifetime of the car.
If knowing there is a newer revision (which only has slight changes) bothers you, then deal with the extra cost and order from a dealership. Ordering from a discount parts retailer is a risk, sometimes you don't win.
Prime example, I bought some Pronto floating rotors with aluminum hats that look practically identical to the OEM ones on my 135. Half the cost and would be an awesome deal - turns out they had 0.003" of lateral runout measured with a starrett dial gauge and were bad from the factory. (Hubs were clean, no corrosion, no antisieze, were replaced by dealer about 30K ago) Rock auto accepted my return request - On brake rotors no less. So far I'm happy with rock auto's service, but can't feel bad that they've not only shipped me a replacement injector for free, but are accepting these rotors as return and will probably lose money since to re-manufacture them, they need to be melted down. Sure, you could machine them, but then they are no longer a new part. Some things I'm not going to order from them - water pumps & HPFP I wouldn't even consider, and now rotors are now on that list - I shouldn't be gambling with the brakes anyways.

From a PM I received:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGthecat
Hi Bitcore,

How did the Rockauto injectors turn out for you? I need to do the job in the next week and i'm trying to gather as much info about these before I make an order.

When you ordered on the Rockauto website, did you need to input anything special to get the series 12 injectors?

Did you order new decoupling elements with the injector?

-Tim
Working just fine - much smoother than before. Be sure to code them.
Yes, I bought new decoupling elements, I got them from ecs tuning, I don't think rock auto sells them.
I did not do anything special, that's what they have (EDIT: Had, apparently) in stock. Branded by BMW, look like they were manufactured very well. I already have about 5,000 miles on them - No problems.
Take your time, try not to nick them or bang them on anything. You may need to get creative and use a slide hammer. I borrowed one from Autozone - used some right angle attachment it came with to get the number 6 cyl. injector out of it's bore. The others I could remove with my hands.

WAY EASIER than a water pump replacement without a lift. Don't forget to unhook your battery - you don't want your fuel pump turning on while your rail is all apart.
(#61)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i AT (05/07 Build Date)
Default 05-09-2015, 08:50 AM

I replaced all my injectors last night, I'm still getting a rough idle, it's also higher than normal at about 800. I've already coded them in, do I need to reset adaptations?

Injector 6 also had a few scratches on it, not at the very tip but the part the after the injector seal.

Also do I need to replace my plugs even though they only have about 15k on them? Plug 2 was pretty fouled with fuel.
(#62)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM

Plugs/coils is a must if you are running a tune, where did you get your Injectors from? Also yes you need to reset Adaptions.

JB4 G5, DCI, Er CP with HKS Bov, VRSF **'s, BB Race flash
(#63)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW e92 335i
Default 06-28-2015, 12:07 PM

Just wanted to post an update about the intermotor/standard motor injectors from rock auto. I just purchased 3 from them. I received two index 9 missing both the seal cap and the cap where the fuel line attaches. They were just loose in the box. Also received one index 10 that looked good in the bmw case. Sending back all 3 tomorrow. Called Rockauto and they said they had a ton of returns for the injectors for the same reason and would only offer a refund. I hope I can find somewhere else that has a set of these, for a reasonable price.
(#64)
Old

Car: e92is, e53v8
Default 09-18-2015, 11:47 AM

Can one re-use the coupling elements? Personally I don't see a reason why not, but maybe who knows? Just want to confirm.
(#65)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-30-2015, 10:52 AM

I just got the injectors from Rockauto. I see it comes with decoupling and O-rings in the box.
I thought the O-rings should be pre-installed to the injectors. Now, I am screwed and not sure if I should open the cap. I saw people ordered from Rockauto are came with pre-installed rings. I don't know what to do now. Can anyone please advise? Anyone else who bought from Rockauto knows that if they are no longer selling the pre-installed O-rings injectors?

Thank you,
Attached Images

(#66)
Old

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 12-02-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggor555
I just got the injectors from Rockauto. I see it comes with decoupling and O-rings in the box.
I thought the O-rings should be pre-installed to the injectors. Now, I am screwed and not sure if I should open the cap. I saw people ordered from Rockauto are came with pre-installed rings. I don't know what to do now. Can anyone please advise? Anyone else who bought from Rockauto knows that if they are no longer selling the pre-installed O-rings injectors?

Thank you,
My new injectors from rockauto are coming today, I also ordered new decoupling rings from ECS. I'll let you know what they come with.

08 335xi 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Race Flash | ER Chargepipe | DCI | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Pro-Kit

407awhp/460awtq
(#67)
Old

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 12-02-2015, 04:57 PM

Can confirm, my injectors from rock auto came with the decoupling ring. I'll be returning my ones I ordered from ECS.

08 335xi 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Race Flash | ER Chargepipe | DCI | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Pro-Kit

407awhp/460awtq
(#68)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 12-02-2015, 09:39 PM

I have maybe 4-5 injectors left if people need some. All with new seals and coupling rings. Ready to install.
Index 5 and 8, 9. Will fit with anything from index 1-10, they all code the same.
Just pm.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#69)
Old

Car: F11
Default BMW OMITEC Cables - 01-16-2016, 11:33 PM

Gents,
The below was referencing:
1 - One Cable
2 - Softing package
3 - Remote injector coding, adaptions (& battery registration if needed)
$99

However, if you just want the cable, softing package and setup/coding instructions: $80
Please no PMs. Send an email SUPPORT@EUAUTOHAUS.com with your info,.
Subject: N54tech Diag Package
Last 7 of VIN.
Cable has LIFETIME WARRANTY.
This is not a cheap clear or blue/orange/green/purple transparent cable flooding the market. Due to the influx of knock-offs, we've had to change complete design.
Here is the actual cable and some literature.

Regards,
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus
What does this include?

$99 TOTAL COST TO YOU!

Contact Nicolas
SUPPORT@EUAUTOHAUS.COM
Attached Images

(#70)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 02-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Just another note to say thanks for piecing this together! I already had the cable/software from previous coding projects, so this was a no brainer for me. I took my chances on used injectors, and am glad I did. I ended up with 4 index -09 injectors (specified in the auction), which match what the dealers used during the TSB/recall to replace the injectors that were bad at that time. Only 2 cylinders were misfiring now (3 & 6), so I didn't feel like going the all new route. I swapped those injectors out, did the coding and the used -09 injectors are working flawlessly! I didn't even bother to change the decoupling elements much less the O-Rings, and it's a snug fit with no leaks. My old cylinder 3 injector was leaking into the cylinder pretty bad making for hard starts when cold. No such issues with these, and the best part was the price. $50 for all 4, and now I have 2 extras!
(#71)
Old

Car: You're momma caboose
Default 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM

What is the name of the screen where the adaptations are reset?
(#72)
Old
Quratermaster35

Car: 535 XI
Default CarQuest Injector - 09-30-2016, 05:33 AM

Similar experience at CARQUEST......ordered the new injector for $157......

Opened the CARQUEST branded box and the part is a BMW part......(just another source)
Attached Images

(#73)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535i
Default 10-21-2016, 09:02 AM

Very awesome DIY! I made an account on here just to say thanks, I've never done anything like this before, but your instructions were clear enough that I was able to do it without blowing anything up.
(#74)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default injector coding - 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM

anyone that neeed to code their injector/coding/flashing/alpina flash /reset adaptions etc you need to buy this unexpensive cable. very useful cable.. all you need to have its the software installed on your pc to perform any of this things.

https://www.amazon.com/EvZ-Interface...+k+d+can+cable
(#75)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 11-19-2016, 06:04 PM

Hi

Any Idea why my software wont show the injector option shift-f4?

Thanks