JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default How can I extract my current MHD BEF from DME - 08-24-2021, 04:03 PM

Title says it all. I am currently not sure what BEF file I have on my car so I would like to extract it and make a backup so I can make some edits and re-upload is that possible?
(#2)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 08-24-2021, 04:19 PM

yes, via TunerPro.

I was successful using TunerPro. This is a free app with a moderate learning curve. You've already loaded a BEF so you are half way there with your know how.

You need:

-XDF files for your DME - links found in the sticky posts on this site and others
-bin file or BEF file for your DME - you've got this because you have done a BEF or simply download the appropriate BEF from this site or from your MHD save file
-TunerPro - free download at TunerPro
-Flasher - MHD, bimmberboost, etc

search youtube - 'vishnu open flash tutorial 2' for easy, clear directions for the process. I found it easiest to edit the BEF for my current tune rather than editing the base bin file. It will be a bit confusing at first but the basics are this:
-open TunerPro
-within TunerPro, open the xdf file for your dme AND open the BEF for your tune - Yes, BOTH files are required to be open
-toggle options and tables will then be available, make toggle edits and any table changes you want, rename and save then load your new BEF and test drive

When you check codes with MHD it always tells you the flash/bef program last loaded on the DME.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP

Last edited by dmckmc; 08-24-2021 at 05:05 PM..
(#3)
Old

Default 08-24-2021, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the info I didn't know checking codes showed you last file flashed, also I think the vid might have been taken down. funny its a vishnu video I actually own his old 335i he was setting WR runs in.
(#4)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 08-25-2021, 12:49 AM

MHD app does a funny thing, when I try to download and save BEF ( with MHD app ) which is installed via MHD, the settings of ignition timing and etc are not the same which are in the original BEF :/
Or it is normal ?
(#5)
Old

Default 08-25-2021, 07:02 AM

what do you mean download and save with MHD? how do you do that?
(#6)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 08-25-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wum
what do you mean download and save with MHD? how do you do that?
or simply download the appropriate BEF from this site or from your MHD save file

I mean save your newly TunerPro edited flash file in the same place as your other flash files so it will be available for use with MHD. You don't really save it with MHD but save it in a file that MHD can get to when you want to load a flash using MHD.

If you are trying to download MHD base tunes (stage 1, 2 etc), those are proprietary and locked by MHD. I'm referring to downloading and editing free BEF files and freely available xdf files.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#7)
Old

Default 08-25-2021, 10:49 AM

ok thanks I thought he meant like extract BEF from car and save. The reason why I asked is because I have a custom BEF that I would like to extract from the car to save.