JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 06-16-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
The BCM is just an add-on to your current JB4 system.

We'll have it up on the site shortly!
Is there install instructions online? Where does it plug into?
(#477)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2022, 07:45 PM

Payam can post up some install photos, its pretty straight forward. Uses same JB4 settings/spot as the C43 BCM install.

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion - View Single Post - Mercedes C300 / C400 / C450 / C43 W205 JB4

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#478)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli S
Default 06-25-2022, 11:02 AM

I recieved the bcm and am in process of installing but the #1 and 2 pin slots are already in use by green wires in the jb4 despite whats written in the c43 post. The next available open is 3 but id like to know for sure before frying something. Also its the weekend and id like to get some logs in.

Last edited by athickjuicysteak; 06-25-2022 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: More info
(#479)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-25-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athickjuicysteak
I recieved the bcm and am in process of installing but the #1 and 2 pin slots are already in use by green wires in the jb4 despite whats written in the c43 post. The next available open is 3 but id like to know for sure before frying something. Also its the weekend and id like to get some logs in.
You can cut the green wire on pin 1 at the bottom after the grommet and splice it to the blue wire from the BCM.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#480)
Old

Default 06-25-2022, 04:08 PM

Ill get right on that thanks for the quick reply
(#481)
Old

Default 06-26-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
You can cut the green wire on pin 1 at the bottom after the grommet and splice it to the blue wire from the BCM.
So i was afraid of something like this and am now glad I didnít purchase the bcm yet. Can we please get some step by step instructions for install so a potential customer can make an educated decision of whether or not they would be comfortable trying to install this.
(#482)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-26-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor90
So i was afraid of something like this and am now glad I didnít purchase the bcm yet. Can we please get some step by step instructions for install so a potential customer can make an educated decision of whether or not they would be comfortable trying to install this.
Yes, I'll work something up and post it up tomorrow.

Burger Motorsports

(#483)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibl
Default 06-27-2022, 05:21 PM

What map settings are recommended to run with the Boost Control Module? Are their any other requirements to running it successfully?
(#484)
Old

Default 06-28-2022, 03:12 PM

Idk if the tank was fully mixed yet in the first log, but it was definitely running a little erratic on acceleration in both. Maybe a lil under 5.5 gallons of e85 then topped off with 93. Still more boost than ive ever seen but was very choppy and didnt seem to last long. Intake temps high bc south florida. Car has race test pipes and plugs are gapped down to .022
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 3 ethanol 5 and a half gallons 2.csv (160.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv map 3 ethanol 5 and a half gal 1.csv (233.7 KB, 34 views)
(#485)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Idk if the tank was fully mixed yet in the first log, but it was definitely running a little erratic on acceleration in both. Maybe a lil under 5.5 gallons of e85 then topped off with 93. Still more boost than ive ever seen but was very choppy and didnt seem to last long. Intake temps high bc south florida. Car has race test pipes and plugs are gapped down to .022
Something is wrong there. Email me a map0 log. Terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#486)
Old

Default 06-28-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Emailed you, i tried capturing another log on map 3 but it didnt want to save for some reason. But i started on map0 then for the hell of it went back to 3 and felt little to no difference. Running very clean now though? Weird
(#487)
Old

Default 06-29-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'll work something up and post it up tomorrow.
Not to be a bother its only been a few days but do you have a time frame on when these instructions will be posted?
(#488)
Old

Default 06-29-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Emailed you some new logs today caught it throwing that p0299 code and limiting boost. Seems to only happen with ethanol in the tank. First log was choppy in the morning and the ride home showed low boost numbers but smooth until it threw a code.
(#489)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-05-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor90
Not to be a bother its only been a few days but do you have a time frame on when these instructions will be posted?
Shoot me an email please

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#490)
Old

Default 07-10-2022, 02:36 PM

Car is still running like absolute garbage on map 3 even with less ethanol and some octane booster. Stuttering, backfiring, boost coming on WAY too fast. Odd noises from turbo at full tilt. BCM set to FF=150 using the settings from the c43. Afraid im going to blow the turbos at this point
(#491)
Old

Default 07-10-2022, 03:52 PM

FF- 100 not 150 from what I saw.
(#492)
Old

Default 07-10-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy j
FF- 100 not 150 from what I saw.
I was told to test it with ff at 150, i had the same issues at 100 just at different rpm
(#493)
Old

Default 07-10-2022, 04:57 PM

Mine is hitting HARD. Take off with a slow roll into 1/2 throttle and it the tires break loose as soon as the boost hits!
This thing is an animal on the low end.

I had to drive about 50-100 miles with the E30 before it normalized. By that I mean it felt kinda rough when first warming up. But its gotten normal now.
Same thing when I dropped the K&Ns in, it acted up for a few miles then it was all good.

I have 20,000 miles on the stock plugs which I plan to change soon. I'm on euther map 3 or 5. Trying to see which one is best.
(#494)
Old

Default 07-10-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy j
Mine is hitting HARD. Take off with a slow roll into 1/2 throttle and it the tires break loose as soon as the boost hits!
This thing is an animal on the low end.

I had to drive about 50-100 miles with the E30 before it normalized. By that I mean it felt kinda rough when first warming up. But its gotten normal now.
Same thing when I dropped the K&Ns in, it acted up for a few miles then it was all good.

I have 20,000 miles on the stock plugs which I plan to change soon. I'm on euther map 3 or 5. Trying to see which one is best.
I have a similar setup with k&ns but am also running race test pipes. Ive tried a full e30 mix and was told to bring it down to around e 15 or add octane boost. Driven around 150 miles same as yourself but the issue seems to be intensifying. Im going to drop ff back down to 100 like the c43 settings and see if it becomes more manageable. Youre right though, boost is coming in way too hard now at low rpm im breaking loose everywhere if not careful or on purpose. No rough running here besides the usual spotty idle the cars notorious for unless i put my foot in it and consistently around 4k rpm in 2nd/3rd it dumps boost and sounds like a 2 step or stutters HARD. 5k mile old plugs gapped down to .022
Pre bcm i had an issue with map3 on ethanol where the car would go into semi limp mode and cap me at 4 pounds of boost until it was restarted. I think this being an S car it requires some special attention. Ferrari did a few internal upgrades including cams to the S engines that were not on the base model.

Last edited by athickjuicysteak; 07-10-2022 at 07:05 PM..
(#495)
Old

Car: 2015 maserati ghibli
Default turbo going into limp mode - 07-13-2022, 10:03 AM

P51_M3_R2_220713_0943.csv

P51_M3_R3_220712_1747.csv

I am running into an issue with my 2015 Ghibli. I have about 4-5 gal of E85 and the rest 91 on map 5 and now on map 3. When I accelerate, the car is jolting then I assume going into a limp mode with no turbo PSI. Once I turn the car off then back on, the turbo power is back but under hard acceleration, it does the same thing. The code that it's throwing is P0299 with when I looked it up says that it is a low turbo boost. I have the app open during the hard acceleration and the turbo PSI is hitting up to 12 or so before the interruptions and then limp mode.

I attached 2 runs. one is when the problem happens and the other is in the limp mode with no turbo PSI.
(#496)
Old

Default 07-13-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganBence
Attachment 106949

Attachment 106950

I am running into an issue with my 2015 Ghibli. I have about 4-5 gal of E85 and the rest 91 on map 5 and now on map 3. When I accelerate, the car is jolting then I assume going into a limp mode with no turbo PSI. Once I turn the car off then back on, the turbo power is back but under hard acceleration, it does the same thing. The code that it's throwing is P0299 with when I looked it up says that it is a low turbo boost. I have the app open during the hard acceleration and the turbo PSI is hitting up to 12 or so before the interruptions and then limp mode.

I attached 2 runs. one is when the problem happens and the other is in the limp mode with no turbo PSI.
I had the same issue on map 3 or 5 with any ethanol in the tank consistently until i installed the BCM. now i no longer get the p0299 and low boost limp mode and consistently has more power but it isnt running totally smooth on acceleration.
(#497)
Old

Car: 2015 maserati ghibli
Default 07-15-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I had the same issue on map 3 or 5 with any ethanol in the tank consistently until i installed the BCM. now i no longer get the p0299 and low boost limp mode and consistently has more power but it isnt running totally smooth on acceleration.
Do you know if there is going to be any kind of update to fix this? It's odd since this has never happened until now and I have been running this for years.

I wonder if I drop back down to 91 and change maps if this will go away.
(#498)
Old

Default 07-15-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganBence
Do you know if there is going to be any kind of update to fix this? It's odd since this has never happened until now and I have been running this for years.

I wonder if I drop back down to 91 and change maps if this will go away.
It does go away on map 2 even with some ethanol the tank.
(#499)
Old

Car: Maserati
Default 07-21-2022, 08:46 AM

Have you guys have the ĎREAD FAILEDí issues ?
Every few days i have to clean the codes even if there isnít any code for the sport exhaust be activated and now is not even reading the computer.
(#500)
Old

Default 07-21-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmota
Have you guys have the ĎREAD FAILEDí issues ?
Every few days i have to clean the codes even if there isnít any code for the sport exhaust be activated and now is not even reading the computer.
Are you trying to read on accessory? Ive noticed recently i cant connect to the jb4 at all on accessory and have to be in run to read and delete codes