JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2022 M40i
Default 2022 X3 M40i - JB4 - 01-01-2022, 03:02 PM

Hello. I have a general question as a start. I currently have a catted DP and MST intake and was looking to install the JB4. I run 93 octane, no plans for E, and still would like a reliable but fast &Fun car. Would I run map 1 or map 2 and that’s it? Like set it and forget it kind of thing or would I need something custom since I have some bolt ons?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by Mikeym40; 01-01-2022 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: Spelling
(#2)
Old

Car: 21 Supra 3.0 / 18 RS3
Default 01-01-2022, 05:05 PM

The JB4 really like a few gallons of E per tank. Basically acts as an octane booster. You could try map 1 on 93 and it'll probably give it some extra juice, but youre missing out on the full capabilites of the JB4.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-01-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo741
The JB4 really like a few gallons of E per tank. Basically acts as an octane booster. You could try map 1 on 93 and it'll probably give it some extra juice, but youre missing out on the full capabilites of the JB4.
Meaning every fill up Id have to add E or can just be added whenever?
(#4)
Old

Car: 21 Supra 3.0 / 18 RS3
Default 01-01-2022, 08:39 PM

Unless you install a content analyzer it's easier to just get it when you fill up. I usually run my tank down to about 1/8 then 3 gallons of E then top her off with 93. Should make about E20-25.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2022, 09:22 PM

Just select map2 and enjoy. Nothing else needed. 93 octane is fine for it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 01-02-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just select map2 and enjoy. Nothing else needed. 93 octane is fine for it.
Thank you!!! Looking forward to having it installed!!
(#7)
Old

Default 02-24-2022, 05:20 PM

I have a friend that owns a dyno and I wanted to know is it worth dyno tuning with one of the custom maps or should I just stick to map 2. Again, not looking to run E and still want to keep this reliable.

Thanks.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-25-2022, 11:20 AM

Stick with map 2 as you'll be octane limited if not running ethanol or additional upgrades.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 02-25-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Stick with map 2 as you'll be octane limited if not running ethanol or additional upgrades.
Thank you again. What kind of additional upgrades do you mean?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-28-2022, 07:28 PM

Meth kit would get you more boost and octane. Otherwise, just stick with map 2.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#11)
Old

Car: BMW N54
Default 03-01-2022, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Meth kit would get you more boost and octane. Otherwise, just stick with map 2.
My friend is looking to get MET kit for his JB4 project. May we should try map 2 first and see. The car is still in the shop for the installation of new tires from 4Wheelonline plus alignment.
(#12)
Old

Default 03-12-2022, 03:04 PM

Update - JB4 installed and a tuner buddy of mine tuned map 6 on a dynojet yesterday. Would love to get thoughts Steve and Terry on the settings and performance. How would I do that? Would I have to log and do a kick down somewhere safe . The idea is that I’d drive on the custom map and put it on map 1/2 for my wife.

Thanks in advance.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2022, 05:30 PM

You'd have to post your log for any tuning advice on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old

Default 03-30-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'd have to post your log for any tuning advice on it.
Can do this today. Do I just drive regular or do you recommend anything I do for an appropriate review? Thanks in advance
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2022, 09:40 AM

To properly evaluate the tuning, we'll need a full throttle JB4 log from 40-90mph on a safe private track.

(#16)
Old

Car: '22 x3m40i LCI
Default 04-02-2022, 09:34 AM

after reading this it makes me want to buy a jb4. I have a 22x3m40i with less then 5,000 miles. and I saw some people say in other forums you need to change the plugs. is this a real thing even with new cars you would thing the new spark plugs could handle it. also looking at throwing a intake as well? any suggestions. what was your progression Mikey ?
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 04-04-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david111jr
after reading this it makes me want to buy a jb4. I have a 22x3m40i with less then 5,000 miles. and I saw some people say in other forums you need to change the plugs. is this a real thing even with new cars you would thing the new spark plugs could handle it. also looking at throwing a intake as well? any suggestions. what was your progression Mikey ?
Hi! We definitely recommend changing to NGK plugs and gapping them down to .022 if you plan on just running 91-93 octane pump gas. This aids in preventing spark blowout when you turn up the boost. As far as an intake goes, check out the link below, as well as the JB4 and spark plugs.
https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...41453775028398
https://burgertuning.com/products/b5...nt=14225131651
https://burgertuning.com/products/ng...31001746899059

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
Hi! We definitely recommend changing to NGK plugs and gapping them down to .022 if you plan on just running 91-93 octane pump gas. This aids in preventing spark blowout when you turn up the boost. As far as an intake goes, check out the link below, as well as the JB4 and spark plugs.
https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...41453775028398
https://burgertuning.com/products/b5...nt=14225131651
https://burgertuning.com/products/ng...31001746899059

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!
+1

(#19)
Old

Default Custom map 6 and map 2 run - 04-10-2022, 11:54 AM

Let me know if this works. Would love any feedback. Hope I did it right.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M6_R6_220410_1425 (custom map 6 and map 2).csv (104.5 KB, 63 views)
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2022, 10:38 AM

Map 2 logs are junk map 6 looks okay.

(#21)
Old

Default 04-11-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Map 2 logs are junk map 6 looks okay.
Thanks. Yeah I think I messed up on the map 2. Will try it again later this week.
(#22)
Old

Default 04-16-2022, 08:16 AM

Map 2. Hope I did it right again.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_220416_105012.csv (11.1 KB, 60 views)
(#23)
Old

Default 04-27-2022, 04:01 PM

Bump!
(#24)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 04-28-2022, 01:45 PM

Log looks great!

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 04-30-2022, 10:30 AM

Thanks! I’ll probably daily map 1 and use map 2 for fun. Can’t find any gas stations with E in NYC, so will wait on that for a bit.