JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default Need help please JB4 keeps cutting me out off boost - 03-20-2022, 08:59 PM

So I am new to all this. I believe I am having either fuel mixing issues or over boosting issues because on both map 2 3 and 4 I go into limp mode and thrown back to map 0 once I get I believe at 20 psi. I have logs I just donít know where to upload them, is there a place that I can email them through. It gives me a option to send through email on the app but I donít know the address. sorry if I sound clueless but itís because I am lol. Thanks In advance to whoever see this.
(#2)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 03-21-2022, 05:22 AM

The email function in the app is so logs can be sent to your own address, then if you post them here to the forum they can be evaluated.

Also, the default "mail" app on your phone (I'm speaking iphone specifically) must be setup in order for this function to work in the jb4 app.

Also, also, it helps them evaluate issues if you list everything done to the car. Plugs, gap, intakes, fuel wires, etc, etc.

2018 Stinger GT1. JB4 w/fuel wires, BMS Intakes, BMS FMIC, Denso@22, Megan Racing mufflers
(#3)
Old

Default 03-21-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keister
The email function in the app is so logs can be sent to your own address, then if you post them here to the forum they can be evaluated.

Also, the default "mail" app on your phone (I'm speaking iphone specifically) must be setup in order for this function to work in the jb4 app.

Also, also, it helps them evaluate issues if you list everything done to the car. Plugs, gap, intakes, fuel wires, etc, etc.
Man all that Info really helps, so should I create a new thread then? Or throw it into this one.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2022 Stinger GT2
Default 03-21-2022, 01:10 PM

Throw it in this one. Do you know how to log properly? Safe area, sport mode, 30 mph, shift into 3rd gear manually, wide open throttle, shift at 5600 rpm’s or so, and keep logging until 80 mph or more. Obviously, if you have problems you can post what you have.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2022, 01:21 PM

How to use JB4 mobile:

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default My Issue :( - 03-21-2022, 07:16 PM

I am in desperate need of some guidance I have a 2019 kia stinger GT1 AWD. Currently rocking K&N intakes with 1 step colder Denso spark plugs gapped to 0.022. I have been running comfortably on map 1 and 2 and even 3 for about a couple of weeks now since I have 93 easily available where I am at. I however started running into problems when I tried to run on map 4 with an E-30 Mix. I know for a fact that I mixed the wrong fuel because I stupidly use a calculator to calculate for the mix but forgot to take in consideration that the pumps are never fully E85. Newbie mistake. The ones by me were reading E-60 and now E-70 (since its warmer). So maybe that can be the reason for my issue. I am experiencing Limp mode in maps 2, 3 and 4. I would launch the car and it would pull but then towards the top end it would just fall flat on its face. But oddly enough I tried it from like a 40 roll and saw no issues. It seems like I may be over boosting because it looks like it happens once I get around 20 psi. I am hopping its just the mix and I might just have to drain the tank and try again but would still like for some one to look at my logs and give me some much needed feedback. Also its saying that my logs are to big to attached them, and i have no idea what the work around is for that.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R3_220320_2214.csv (166.8 KB, 32 views)

2019 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD, K&N Intakes, Tork Muffler Delete, Denso Plugs 0.22, BMS Intercooler, CPI Kit and JB4 Tune
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2022, 07:24 PM

Fuel pressure is the issue here. Lower the E85 mix and drop down a map as needed... The best long term fix for this issue is CPI.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 03-22-2022, 10:36 AM

Ok sounds great really appreciate the information. Do you have any advice when it comes to mixing E-30? Also, should I even run map 4 at all? I don't want to hurt the car and I don't have any fuel mods, only intake and plugs. Also, I want to confirm that I don't need E30 on the map 3 right? As long as I have 93 I should be fine? Reason why I am asking because I thought If I was running a high ethanol mix on map 2 or 3 that it would adjust itself but I was still going into limp mode, is that normal? Again thank you!

2019 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD, K&N Intakes, Tork Muffler Delete, Denso Plugs 0.22, BMS Intercooler, CPI Kit and JB4 Tune
(#9)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 03-22-2022, 11:55 AM

Advice for mixing E is don't guess. Get the sensor, or test it at the gas station before you mix it.
Below is the guidance for maps. Stay away from Map 4 with just E, Best bet is Map 2 or 3. You do need race gas or E30 with Map 3.

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 4psi at high RPM. Suggested for 93+ octane fuel.
Map 3: 6psi stock tapering to 5psi at high RPM. Suggested for high quality fuel including unleaded race gas, ethanol mixtures up to 30%, or high quality octane booster like Torco or Boostane.
Map 4: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock but without top end taper. For unleaded race fuel use and bolt on modifications. May not be suitable for E85 mixtures due to high fuel pressure dropping. If using this map on E85 you should be experienced at reading your own logs and evaluating ignition advance and fuel pressure.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notasoulstinger
Ok sounds great really appreciate the information. Do you have any advice when it comes to mixing E-30? Also, should I even run map 4 at all? I don't want to hurt the car and I don't have any fuel mods, only intake and plugs. Also, I want to confirm that I don't need E30 on the map 3 right? As long as I have 93 I should be fine? Reason why I am asking because I thought If I was running a high ethanol mix on map 2 or 3 that it would adjust itself but I was still going into limp mode, is that normal? Again thank you!
Log map2 on an E30 mix and lets see how fuel pressure holds up. If it's OK you can try map3.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 03-23-2022, 06:56 AM

I will do just that. I'm going to drain the tank completely just to make sure, and hopefully fill up correctly this time, then I'll test and log it on both map 2 and 3 like you said. I appreciate the breakdown of the maps because I wasn't really sure what was needed for each.

(#12)
Old

Default Update - 03-28-2022, 05:55 PM

So i recently I went testing again, and found the map 2 was running some what normal although i might of felt it breaking up towards the top end not completely sure. But I was running into the same issue with map 3 where It would cut me out of boost entirely. I thought I mixed it perfect this time when it came to creating the E30 mix, even tested it too, so its safe to safe im going to leave that alone and most likely look into weight reduction. Anyways here are a couple of logs from that night, again just want some feedback on how things are looking. Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R3_220326_0131.csv (180.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_220325_2102 (1).csv (74.6 KB, 26 views)

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-29-2022, 10:32 AM

Rail pressure crashed on map 3 and kicked you to map 0.

Lower ethanol content, lower boost, or add CPI kit.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#14)
Old

Default 04-04-2022, 10:17 AM

figure that was it again. I cant seem to get the mix right which is frustrating so I am just going to stick to Map 2 on 93 for now, but I am highly interested in the CPI kit. Can anyone please walk me through the specifics of what that's really all about. I see they have and add on kit and a full kit. Which one do I need? and also how easy is the install. Again thank you all!

(#15)
Old

Default 04-04-2022, 10:27 AM

Also do I need to be running any support mods for it as well, like a ********

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notasoulstinger
figure that was it again. I cant seem to get the mix right which is frustrating so I am just going to stick to Map 2 on 93 for now, but I am highly interested in the CPI kit. Can anyone please walk me through the specifics of what that's really all about. I see they have and add on kit and a full kit. Which one do I need? and also how easy is the install. Again thank you all!
If you already have a Fuel-IT sensor you only need the CPI add on. It's just a fuel injector that mounts in an 1/8" NPT bung allowing the JB4 to inject more fuel to supplement the weak high pressure pump. You'll be able to run up to 50% E85 with it and max out power on the factory turbos.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 04-04-2022, 01:36 PM

Ahh ok. So another question, If I get the fuel it censor does that allow it to automatically adjust for E30 or does it just allow me to read my fueling more accurate?

(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 04-04-2022, 02:45 PM

Both!

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 04-04-2022, 04:01 PM

Really then it’s a must. But just to be clear, if I mix the wrong fuel would the tune adjust automatically to what I’m running up until E30 or will it just give me the fuel readings to make the changes myself to either add more 93 or 85

(#20)
Old

Default 04-06-2022, 09:02 PM

So I’m going to pull the trigger on the censor which should solve all my issues but a side question, can I run map 4 on E-30 with my current setup or is that only for actual race fuel?

(#21)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-07-2022, 11:10 AM

Yes but always best to upload a log for verification.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#22)
Old

Default 04-16-2022, 12:15 PM

Hey guys, so I have just received my fuel it ethanol censor kit in the mail today. However it did not come with any instructions at all. Just a plastic bag. I was planning on taking it into a shop to get it installed with a set of ********* I bought recently anyways, but just wanted to know if they are needed or is the install pretty streamline, and if not where do I go for that information? And as always thank you!

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 04-28-2022, 02:38 PM

Right here brotha! https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...FF_install.pdf

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default Help Please it still happening! - 04-28-2022, 06:49 PM

So I recently installed the flex fuel it kit and attempted to run map 3. I am still getting the same issue where the JB4 cuts off boost and throws me into map 0 even though I know now that i am running a perfect mix of e30. Which leads be to believe something else is causing this. It like the ecu and the JB4 are fighting each other and its annoying because i really want to run map 3 and 4 and I just wont let me. I attached the log within this reply, please take a look and tell me what is wrong please and as always thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_220428_2057.csv (68.3 KB, 19 views)

(#25)
Old

Car: Ď21 stinger GT
Default New to jb4 - 04-28-2022, 09:27 PM

Running 93oct in map 2. Car has denso plugs/AEM intakes/******* midpipes/factory after. I have no idea what Iím doing but I did a log and things donít seem right. Attaching here. Pls help
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_220428_2047.csv (57.5 KB, 25 views)