N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 08-04-2015, 04:41 PM

Quick question, I have an 2011 335is, and it is coming up as an IJEOS. Is the IJEOS in the zip file compatible?
(#1252)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 08-04-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Martial just brought up the theory that the i8a0s 6/6 maps might be bugged. Is anyone using them without issue?
Bugged it what sense?

I have been using it for the last 8 weeks. In that time my 5th ignition coil blew and fried a mosfet on my DME. I got to learn how to solder though - which was nice! I'm sure that is hardware related though ...
(#1253)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-04-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Bugged it what sense?

I have been using it for the last 8 weeks. In that time my 5th ignition coil blew and fried a mosfet on my DME. I got to learn how to solder though - which was nice! I'm sure that is hardware related though ...
I was having no boost, seems like a bad file now. Downloaded and reflashed, car is fine now
(#1254)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 08-05-2015, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by za_1m
Guys, is there an E85 MHD option for the IKCOS DME?
If you are referring to For 1M backends, email Terry. 1M IKM0S backends can be flashed over IKC0S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i
I just deleted the file and re-downloaded it from the link again. Extracted and flashed, worked fine this time. Maybe my last file was somehow corrupted yet managed to flash over? That's slightly disconcerting, but I don't purport to know how any of that works and it seems like it's sorted now.
Thanks so much for all the support from all sides, first beer's on me whenever you guys find yourself in Los Angeles!
Thanks for reporting back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppacan
Quick question, I have an 2011 335is, and it is coming up as an IJEOS. Is the IJEOS in the zip file compatible?
No because the canned bin is a regular IJE0S, not IJE0S IS so your DME would complain the map is inappropriate and make no boost. Use the INA0S files.
(#1255)
Old

Default 08-05-2015, 05:27 AM

Question regarding running G5 in 4/2 or 4/3

With setting on 4/2 and running a BMS backend flash installed with MHD the G5 is still doing its thing and you have all the features available and it is controlling boost, meth flow and all normal functions? You can use map 0 or other maps for example map 5 for autotuning with this setting?

With setting 4/3 it is not controlling boost and relying on MHD flash map such as Wedge map for all paramaters but still allows guage hijacking and not sure on the meth control as well as default safety features? You would set G5 to map 0 in this configuration?

I am getting ready to flash MHD and just pondering my options for best setup for me, I am sure I will try both ways but just want to have it configured correctly.

Total pass through, change small connectors back to stock and G5 is completely removed from the equation?

I know after rev 29 you no longer have to have special firmware for passthrough mode, but if you want to allow MHD to do data logging via OBD port you have to remove and return to stock the small DME connectors.

Thanks

Last edited by heartpumper77; 08-05-2015 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: miss
(#1256)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Bugged it what sense?

Giving a coding error preventing the car from making any boost.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1257)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartpumper77
Question regarding running G5 in 4/2 or 4/3

With setting on 4/2 and running a BMS backend flash installed with MHD the G5 is still doing its thing and you have all the features available and it is controlling boost, meth flow and all normal functions? You can use map 0 or other maps for example map 5 for autotuning with this setting?

With setting 4/3 it is not controlling boost and relying on MHD flash map such as Wedge map for all paramaters but still allows guage hijacking and not sure on the meth control as well as default safety features? You would set G5 to map 0 in this configuration?

I am getting ready to flash MHD and just pondering my options for best setup for me, I am sure I will try both ways but just want to have it configured correctly.

Total pass through, change small connectors back to stock and G5 is completely removed from the equation?

I know after rev 29 you no longer have to have special firmware for passthrough mode, but if you want to allow MHD to do data logging via OBD port you have to remove and return to stock the small DME connectors.

Thanks
Option 4/2 allows the JB4 to work as normal. 4/3 map map 1 will allow the flash to work as normal with zero JB4 specific safety systems. If using meth you can still enable it using map 3 but there will also be no meth safety. The reason for this is the basis of all of the safety systems is the JB4 reverting to a low boost map in the event of an issue (over boost, low meth flow, lean AFR, low fuel pressure, etc) and with 4/3 the JB4 will never target below the flash boost target which is normally set quite high.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1258)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default Bugs - 08-05-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Martial just brought up the theory that the i8a0s 6/6 maps might be bugged. Is anyone using them without issue?
I used mhd 06/06 specific maps on MHD tool and that started the nightmare of cylinder 6 misfires.. Went back to old trusty bms flashes using bb app and bav tech cable and back to normal again.. Tossed the mhd away till it's better tested as my appeal for help went ignored..

Msd80 with i8aos

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#1259)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
I used mhd 06/06 specific maps on MHD tool and that started the nightmare of cylinder 6 misfires.. Went back to old trusty bms flashes using bb app and bav tech cable and back to normal again.. Tossed the mhd away till it's better tested as my appeal for help went ignored..

Msd80 with i8aos
Strange, have logs? The bug we're talking about is a coding error bug. Not a tuning bug. But nothing in the tuning should be able to cause misfires.

Burger Motorsports

(#1260)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 08-05-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Strange, have logs? The bug we're talking about is a coding error bug. Not a tuning bug. But nothing in the tuning should be able to cause misfires.
No issues here. Been running It since day one. Flashed fine, and running just fine.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#1261)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-05-2015, 08:19 PM

Mine works fine as well, tweaked timing and fueling and other tables but still use the 6/6 as a base.

Never once had a misfire sense buying the car 4 months ago
(#1262)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 08-05-2015, 09:25 PM

if i'm running map5 with an e40 mix and upload the mhd flash option (IJEOS RACE), should I keep it in Map 0 or switch over to Map 5 after the flash?
(#1263)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-06-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Crack
if i'm running map5 with an e40 mix and upload the mhd flash option (IJEOS RACE), should I keep it in Map 0 or switch over to Map 5 after the flash?
I'd go 7 if you can push enough octane, otherwise 2 or 5 are your best options
(#1264)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Hey Terry, I'll be running the Motiv 750 kit here in a week or so. For a short time I'll just be on the upgraded inline lpfp. Should I download the race or pump backend? I'm hoping to be able to continue running @20psi until I can get the pi system all setup and whatnot.
(#1265)
Old

Default Logs - 08-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

You were emailed as well as Martial on the same email sent on the 20th July with subject line: MHD misfire with in jb4 back end flash... There was 5 logs attached to the email as well...

I will email it again as well.

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#1266)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 08-06-2015, 06:48 PM

I currently am running the BimmerBoost 7/1 JB4 backend pump gas flash along with my JB4 and am thinking of switching over to the MHD system so I can use my Android phone instead of a laptop to do the flashing. My car is a 03/2007 production E92 (K-Line) with automatic transmission.

I have 2 questions:

Can I just flash the MHD JB4 map over the BimmerBoost map or do I have to reflash back to my stock ECU file and then flash using MHD?

How the heck do I find a reliable K+Dcan cable? They seem really hit-or-miss. I already have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone and a USB OTG cable that works fine with the JB4 Mobile app.

2007 E92 335i | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS MHD Backend Flash | JB4 Mobile | Alpina TCU Flash | ETS FMIC | aFe DCI | BMS OCC | ER Chargepipe | Corsa exhaust | ISC Coilovers | APEX ARC-8 Wheels | Stoptech Trophy BBK ST60/40 | Dinan oil cooler
(#1267)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 08-06-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
I currently am running the BimmerBoost 7/1 JB4 backend pump gas flash along with my JB4 and am thinking of switching over to the MHD system so I can use my Android phone instead of a laptop to do the flashing. My car is a 03/2007 production E92 (K-Line) with automatic transmission.

I have 2 questions:

Can I just flash the MHD JB4 map over the BimmerBoost map or do I have to reflash back to my stock ECU file and then flash using MHD?

How the heck do I find a reliable K+Dcan cable? They seem really hit-or-miss. I already have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone and a USB OTG cable that works fine with the JB4 Mobile app.
Just flash the latest. No need to flash stock.

Want a reliable cable no questions, then just get the one from One Stop Electronics as there has not been a single instance where it hadn't worked. I know it's more expensive, but zero problems!

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods

Last edited by swat; 08-07-2015 at 09:57 AM..
(#1268)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default Issues with gas gauge not reading right, stuck at 1/2 tank - 08-06-2015, 08:36 PM

Kind of off topic, but I dove my car and logged it from a full tank on Saturday, Wednesday last week is when I installed my lpfp from fuel-it, Sunday I drove to Santa Rosa and I drove back Wednesday night from there, most of my driving was 4 miles a day while there, I was at a 1/2 tank and when I got home it still says 1/2 tank, where do I start, also it was a 2hr drive from Santa Rosa to Roseville where I live, was trying the forums, but want to know where to start, I tried the gauge reset via jb4 and that didn't work, when I turn the car off, it does move to 0 along with the other gauges. One friend said that the float on the barrel might be stuck? I didn't state but I am using e85 mhd flash and e60

2007 335i e92 space grey, a/t, fbo, mfactory lsd and boost addictions diff lock down, bmw pe mod, xHP stage 3, mmp stage 3, inlets and outlets and eos pi, custom tuned by pure evil estimated 620whp on e50 23psi. Current 1/4 mi 11.9 @116 on stock turbos.
Suspension: Koni yellows eibach lowering springs
Wheels: iforged Daytona 19x9.5f 19x10r
Drop a gear and disappear.

Last edited by Boost'n e92; 08-06-2015 at 08:49 PM..
(#1269)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 08-07-2015, 07:43 AM

How the heck do I find a reliable K+Dcan cable? They seem really hit-or-miss. I already have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone and a USB OTG cable that works fine with the JB4 Mobile app.[/QUOTE]

http://bimmersoftware.com/Cables

Ordered one and got it two days later. Works perfect.
(#1270)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Hi Terry,

You were emailed as well as Martial on the same email sent on the 20th July with subject line: MHD misfire with in jb4 back end flash... There was 5 logs attached to the email as well...

I will email it again as well.
OK if we're already working on it via email lets pick that back up. Otherwise its not possible to keep track of.

Burger Motorsports

(#1271)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 09:52 PM

@mhd how will the MHD rattle fix work with jb4 users who adjust Default wastegate positon? I assume that I won't have to worry as the JB handles wgdc even off throttle. Might have been a dumb question haha.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#1272)
Old

Default 08-08-2015, 12:48 PM

i have a fbo 335i with meth and I plan to stack the jb4 with mhd. When use the bms race flash to try out and I set my settings to 4/2 do I still have to change my afr settings all to 0 in my jb4 app? What are the benefits of the backend flash if I am still gonna use map 3 for to be safe.
(#1273)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-08-2015, 01:30 PM

If you're running a flash, all your AFR settings should be 0. The backend flash will properly control fuel and timing.

2010 335ix - pure 600 turbos @ 30psi, dps, cp, 7.5in hd ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, at cooler
(#1274)
Old

Default 08-08-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
If you're running a flash, all your AFR settings should be 0. The backend flash will properly control fuel and timing.
And if I run meth daily the only map I can use is map 3 safely? I guess I would just have to play with the additive to adjust boost levels
(#1275)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 08-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastgsrturbo
And if I run meth daily the only map I can use is map 3 safely? I guess I would just have to play with the additive to adjust boost levels
Yes map 3 and you increase your boost with the adder, meth can flow on map 5,6 and 7 also but so far map 3 is working fine with me,

Post some logs in the support section and they can review it and you can increase your adder based on how your logs looks

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle