N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F150 Powerboost
Question Support Question 2021 F150 Powerboost - Service Soon and Codes - 08-17-2021, 04:51 AM

Here was my installation V3 Map Sensor and a V2 Map Sensor (see attached)

However upon installing it in my F150 Powerboost (3.5L TT + Hybrid) my engine immediately comes on and hovers around 600-700RPMs and gives a service soon error also the JB4 app does not read anything but the RPM, IGN (sporadically) and MAP (I switched it to 0 still no change). Everything else is 0.

It also gives the following codes:
P0108 (Seems to be a map sensor getting to much voltage?)
P6DCC
PCCCC

Here are pictures of the board and wiring connector (see attached)

I’ve read up on this a little bit and it seems that maybe something is shorting out or the board on my JB4 is bad. Please let me know what you all think I’ve reached out to support as well.

Edit: Support has reached out saying that my board is incorrect. They are sending me a new unit that should fix the issue. I will report back on what happens.

Edit 2: New board fixed part of the issue (I was sent an incorrect Ford V3 board) this enabled the V3 MAP sensor to start working, the next issue that needed fixed was the brown wire on the V2 harness was swapped so the TMAP sensor would not work. I was sent a video on how to fix that and after that we were working!

Last edited by Hackintoshihope; 08-20-2021 at 05:07 PM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2021, 08:29 AM

Yes a few systems accidentally went out with the wrong board, yours among them. Support will swap it out for the correct Ford V3.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: F150 Powerboost
Default 08-20-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes a few systems accidentally went out with the wrong board, yours among them. Support will swap it out for the correct Ford V3.
After all of your help today I am working as I should be!
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackintoshihope
After all of your help today I am working as I should be!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Default 2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost DTC’s/rough idle/service engine - 09-21-2021, 11:46 AM

Hi Terry,
I was hoping to get some information on a related issue. I have a 2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with the same issues. I have been working with Ando which had me do a pin swap on the brown wire connector which did not improve the situation. I am still getting low idle and the truck will die or stumble if throttle is applied, along with DTC’s, and service engine soon.
DTC’s Below;
P0108 - Map Sensor High
U060B - Boost Sensor A
U066D - Air cooler Temp sensor 1

Thanks!
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF150
Hi Terry,
I was hoping to get some information on a related issue. I have a 2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with the same issues. I have been working with Ando which had me do a pin swap on the brown wire connector which did not improve the situation. I am still getting low idle and the truck will die or stumble if throttle is applied, along with DTC’s, and service engine soon.
DTC’s Below;
P0108 - Map Sensor High
U060B - Boost Sensor A
U066D - Air cooler Temp sensor 1

Thanks!
I think you have a different issue than OP, email us for assistance.

Burger Motorsports