N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M4
Default jb4 not clearing fault codes - 11-20-2018, 07:27 AM

hey guys, my jb4 started randomly not clearing fault codes. its reading them but when i try to clear them it attempts and then they just instantly re appear.
it was working just fine a few days ago but just started this. i am able to clear them with the mhd app tho. so its deff something with the jb4. any suggestion?

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-20-2018, 09:08 AM

What codes are coming up that aren't being cleared? You could have an active issue. It could also be an issue with the firmware, what firmware are you on?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-20-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What codes are coming up that aren't being cleared? You could have an active issue. It could also be an issue with the firmware, what firmware are you on?
its just the ******* down pipe code that pops up once in a while. every few days it would pop up and i just clear it and then it goes away for a few days then comes back an i do the same. but now when i go to clear it, i processes like it clears but when jb4 does the automatic code check after clearing it shows it still there. its never done that before. also there was a mixture too lean code that would do the same but that one doesnt happen too much. but if i use the mhd app to clear the same code they go away and it works just like the jb4 used to. also im on the latest firm where i believe.

(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2018, 11:12 AM

Would need specific firmware version (or a JB4 log) to see what you are on and determine if there is any bug in there on code deleting.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 11-20-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would need specific firmware version (or a JB4 log) to see what you are on and determine if there is any bug in there on code deleting.
I just updated to the most recent one you guys have for s55. So im going to wait for code to pop up and see if this fixed it.

(#6)
Old

Default 11-20-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Just tested it and itís still doing the same thing. Here is a log so you can review firmware and such.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-19 18_02_35.csv (16.4 KB, 34 views)

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-20-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsabia
Just tested it and itís still doing the same thing. Here is a log so you can review firmware and such.
You updated to 184?

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/attac...2&d=1536955060

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 11-20-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
yes.

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsabia
It's a few versions old. Try this attached firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_S55_1_8_5_TEST2.hex (83.2 KB, 32 views)

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 11-20-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Just updated and tried it and itís still not letting me clear the codes. But it does read them.

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2018, 09:37 PM

You must be doing something wrong then. Print out of actual codes?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 11-21-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
You must be doing something wrong then. Print out of actual codes?
It started ever since I added the BEF back. This car is a 2019 and mhd had to change something to update rom version for me they said. Could that have something to do with it ?

Here is a pic of the codes. They are just simple ******* down pipe codes that I always clear.

Like I said itís really weird because they clear just fine through the mhd app.
Attached Images

Last edited by jonsabia; 11-21-2018 at 09:57 AM..
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2018, 10:17 AM

Could be related. Email me the BEF loaded terry@burgertuning.com and we'll work on a couple things.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 11-21-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Could be related. Email me the BEF loaded terry@burgertuning.com and we'll work on a couple things.
Just sent it to you.

(#15)
Old

Default 11-23-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I tried this one you sent me and also the 1-8-4test11
And both didnít fix it. Still canít clear codes but can read them.

Also on bothe the 1-8-5 and the 1-8-4test11 I get a low HPFP and car goes in limp mode. But not on the 1-8-3test15. That one works perfectly.

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 05:35 PM

On deleting, is ignition on, engine off? I can give code delete a whirl on our M4 again next week to ensure no issues cropped up in the firmware somehow.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 11-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
On deleting, is ignition on, engine off? I can give code delete a whirl on our M4 again next week to ensure no issues cropped up in the firmware somehow.
Yes I have tried it running and also engine off but ignition on. Both donít work. And it used to work just fine with engin on.

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 10:02 PM

So what changed? Did the dealership reflash the car or something?

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 11-24-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
So what changed? Did the dealership reflash the car or something?
The only thing that changed is when I flashed stage zero from mhd and they had to change things because bmw changed their rom versions in the 2019 m4. So after I did that the only way I can clear codes or shadow codes is with the mhd app. Iím the guy thatís on the emails with you and mhd, remeber they had to change stuff in the firmware for your BEF. I think this all has something to do with it.

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 10:18 AM

Oh OK, maybe related then. Will look in to it.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 11-24-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Oh OK, maybe related then. Will look in to it.
Terry was also wondering why I can run the 1-8-3test15 no problems and not get HPFP code but I do with the two newer firmwares ?

(#22)
Old

Default 11-26-2018, 11:10 AM

Terry was wondering if you made any headway on this issue ?

(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2018, 12:06 PM

If you get a code with one firmware and not another post a log from each and the code specially coming up.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 11-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
If you get a code with one firmware and not another post a log from each and the code specially coming up.
I donít have the log anymore from this run but here is the codes I got when on the newest firmware you sent me.

11A002- high pressure fuel, plausibility pressure too low.
11AA03- high pressure fuel system: high pressure pump too low.
11AA05- high pressure fuel system: high pressure pump2 too low.

And it does not do this at all on
the 1-8-3test15.

Also did you get anywhere on looking into the issue Iím also having with not being able to clear codes as you agreed itís probably related to the changes of the 2019 dme?

(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2018, 05:13 PM

Probably have something set differently between them to cause it. Like open loop.

Burger Motorsports