N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
The Fonz

Car: 2009 BMW 335xi
Default JB4 G5 iso/Nuts/Plugs - 05-26-2013, 10:36 AM

So Im doing a walnut blasting today (or at least trying), changing plugs and installing the G5 iso in place of my G4. Any settings (besides meth) I should be changing on the G5 or is it out of the box ready to go? I do not have a wg rattle yet(fingers crossed) and Im planning on running a little more e85 with the update (was using 4 gallons). Is the most current hex the one I should use or are the last few updates focused on duty cycle? Thanks for any help. Logs later tonight...
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-26-2013, 10:58 AM

Load 21 or 22 hex and choose the g5iso option in the software with the box do not reset settings unchecked

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 05-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita
Load 21 or 22 hex and choose the g5iso option in the software with the box do not reset settings unchecked
+1^ Since your coming from G4 to G5 you want to make sure that you do upload new settings.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-27-2013, 07:45 AM

So when we load updated hex files after the initial load we leave that box checked?

Thanks
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Unchecked.
Unless you have the bms flash or special settings already. I assume in your case you dont have yet.

JB4 //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Pi & Fuel it stage 4/MHD
BEF /CP&TIAL/ OCC.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 05-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartpumper77
So when we load updated hex files after the initial load we leave that box checked?

Thanks
Yes.... after the initial load with the new software you can then check the box to skip overwriting the default values.

However, if you have not made any changes to the default values it really does not matter much.
A couple of pulls and your back in business either way.

The important thing is if you are going from G4 to G5 or back to G4..... to load defaults at least once.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.