N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#7501)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
On the way home for lunch today my fresh 26.4 started giving me SERIOUS surge/spike issues. Like showing 15lbs of boost at 2500rpm before I let off the gas. No codes yet but trying to pull out of my office and it felt like I was getting throttle closure.

Is there a feature I could have activated that would be causing these issues?

Log coming and a post in the help area coming if an update doesn't help.
Mine was doing the same thing, freaked me out so I didn't even try and log it. Just went back to 26.2 and all is fine.
(#7502)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
On the way home for lunch today my fresh 26.4 started giving me SERIOUS surge/spike issues. Like showing 15lbs of boost at 2500rpm before I let off the gas. No codes yet but trying to pull out of my office and it felt like I was getting throttle closure.

Is there a feature I could have activated that would be causing these issues?

Log coming and a post in the help area coming if an update doesn't help.
I'll adjust for that in 26.5 but the issue is your menu 12 is set too high.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7503)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-16-2013, 02:24 PM

Same happened to me...boost was spiking down low and when i let off throttle car felt very abrupt, then threw a 30ff code. first time i have gotten that code i wonder if it is related to 26.4 as all hex's have been fine
(#7504)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6MT
Default 09-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Thank you! I must have missed this.

(#7505)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 04:16 PM

ISO 26.5 Notes

1) Undid one change in 26.4 that may have reduced rattle in some cases but results in boost over target at low throttle positions in other cases.
2) Adjusted map 0 & map 4 targets to ~7psi regardless of factory boost target. This is because the back end flash tunes target 15-17psi.... which effectively was disabling the JB4 map 4 safety switch. Note if running the E85 flash, and are unable to get E85, map 4 can also be used to prevent excessive knock that may result from running the E85 back end flash with pump gas.
3) Added an option FutureUseD = 20 which switches low throttle management from ISO26 style to ISO25 style. This will result in potentially more rattle in some cases but also potentially better low throttle response. It's in there for evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Last edited by Russell @ BMS; 09-16-2013 at 07:32 PM..
(#7506)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 09-16-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
ISO 26.5 Notes

1) Undid one change in 26.4 that may have reduced rattle in some cases but results in boost over target at low throttle positions in other cases.
2) Adjusted map 0 & map 4 targets to ~7psi regardless of factory boost target. This is because the back end flash tunes target 15-17psi which effectively was disabling the JB4 map 4 safety switch. Note if running the E85 flash and are unable to get E85 map 4 can also be used to prevent excessive knock that may result from running the E85 back end flash with pump gas.
3) Added an option FutureUseD = 20 which switches low throttle management from ISO26 style to ISO25 style. This will result in potentially more rattle in some cases but also potentially better low throttle response. It's in there for evaluation.
Thanks Terry!

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#7507)
Old

Car: 09 '335i X-Drive
Default 09-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
ISO 26.5 Notes

2) Adjusted map 0 & map 4 targets to ~7psi regardless of factory boost target. This is because the back end flash tunes target 15-17psi which effectively was disabling the JB4 map 4 safety switch. Note if running the E85 flash and are unable to get E85 map 4 can also be used to prevent excessive knock that may result from running the E85 back end flash with pump gas.
How does this effect the new menu 4/3(4/2) option?
(#7508)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasorjb
How does this effect the new menu 4/3(4/2) option?
It doesn't. That option will functions as described.

Burger Motorsports

(#7509)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
ISO 26.5 Notes

I have been happy with iso25 all along smooth and responsive at low throttle at 80 and 28 which I belive are the default settings. Car did not like 26.2 at any settings
Should I update to 26.5 if my car runs good.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf DP/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#7510)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM

I post the firmwares along with notes. You decide whether its worth your time to load and test based on the notes and how your car is running.

Burger Motorsports

(#7511)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
ISO 26.5 Notes

2) Adjusted map 0 & map 4 targets to ~7psi regardless of factory boost target. This is because the back end flash tunes target 15-17psi.... which effectively was disabling the JB4 map 4 safety switch. Note if running the E85 flash, and are unable to get E85, map 4 can also be used to prevent excessive knock that may result from running the E85 back end flash with pump gas.
Hey T, off topic question by why does this post from you say "last edited by az335iat"? lol

Or is my computer being ree ree?
(#7512)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 09-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I post the firmwares along with notes. You decide whether its worth your time to load and test based on the notes and how your car is running.
Hey Terry, can you explain the difference in wastegate behavior between iso25 and 26? I would like to know why I am experiencing low throttle oscillation and rattle when abruptly releasing the rattle.

If I send in a log can you help me adjust menu 10 and 12 to minimize these issues?
(#7513)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 08:52 PM

You can post a 26.5 log in the support section and AZ can chime in to help you there.

Burger Motorsports

(#7514)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd335xi
Hey T, off topic question by why does this post from you say "last edited by az335iat"? lol

Or is my computer being ree ree?
He's a moderator and can edit posts.

Burger Motorsports

(#7515)
Old

Default 09-16-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
He's a moderator and can edit posts.
That makes sense!!! LoL
(#7516)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 09-16-2013, 10:32 PM

I managed to put together 3 logs using the new iso26.5 firmware, tell me what you guys think

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...294#post275294
(#7517)
Old

Car: 10/06 E92 335i
Default 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM

I was able to drive 26.4 for a while and I really like the MT change. It makes shifting a lot smoother. I notice because my Wavetrac isn't thunking as hard

The brief power loss at 2500-2700rpms is gone too from what I can tell.
(#7518)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM

THANK YOU! Scared the crap out of me, I am just not used to playing with the settings as I just always leave 10/12 at normal settings (new turbos, no rattles). I realize now this is my problem as 12 is set to 80,

Quote:
I'll adjust for that in 26.5 but the issue is your menu 12 is set too high.
(#7519)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Added 26.5 and all is well again. I did drop 12 down a few clicks but anything below 70 or so and I get surging and rattle on throttle release. I will do a few pulls tonight and log the results.
(#7520)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM

Menu 12 goes from 20 to 40. Maybe you meant menu 10.

On 26.5 need feedback on FUD = 20 vs. FUD = 0. So I can decide which logic to make default in version 26.6.

Burger Motorsports

(#7521)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Just pulled a bone head move and thought it was multiplied by 2 as well.

I will go try a pull with the two setups.

Quote:

On 26.5 need feedback on FUD = 20 vs. FUD = 0. So I can decide which logic to make default in version 26.6.
(#7522)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Per our emails T, you know my choice...I'm an FUD=20 fan! I like the throttle logic of ISO 25. I prefer a touchier, more responsive throttle.
(#7523)
Old

Car: 10/06 E92 335i
Default 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM

Honestly Terry, the FUD option could almost be labeled as 'manual vs auto' because I can't see how anyone could drive ISO25 and a 6MT and not have issues. I would either slip my clutch really badly because the throttle was sensitive or grab the gear hard and jerk badly.

ISO 26.3/26.4 fixed that for me, not sure if the throttle response changes also helped.
(#7524)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd335xi
Per our emails T, you know my choice...I'm an FUD=20 fan! I like the throttle logic of ISO 25. I prefer a touchier, more responsive throttle.
Totally agree...it is unbelievable!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#7525)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered
Honestly Terry, the FUD option could almost be labeled as 'manual vs auto' because I can't see how anyone could drive ISO25 and a 6MT and not have issues. I would either slip my clutch really badly because the throttle was sensitive or grab the gear hard and jerk badly.

ISO 26.3/26.4 fixed that for me, not sure if the throttle response changes also helped.
Sounds like you are in need of a new clutch if it's slipping...I'm a MT xi and have no issues with the throttle logic from ISO 25. To be honest, I didn't even have wastegate rattle with any previous versions of ISO and I've been alpha testing since pretty much the beginning, until updating to 26.3. I prefer a touchier more sensitive throttle feel.

T, sounds like with regards to throttle logic and sensitivity it's a very subjective. Maybe keep it as a "user's choice" like it is now? Any chance you could move it to one of the other Future Use menus that doesn't really get used like FUC? (LoL that acronym is messed up now that I look at it but I'm too lazy to type it out on my iPhone)