N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 08-20-2012, 12:05 PM

Ballpark on potential WHP gains when running FBO + Meth + e85?

e85 flows like wine here in MN...
(#52)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24
Ballpark on potential WHP gains when running FBO + Meth + e85?

e85 flows like wine here in MN...
+ upgraded turbos? 50% E85?

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#53)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 08-20-2012, 12:31 PM

If your JB4 settings are dialed in as good as they can be, and your car reacts well to it with proper AFR and good timing this wont do you much good other than the ability to log more parameters...

But if your trims are maxxed, timing is inconsistant, AFR isnt where you want it, getting cobb and a custom tune will help... overall I think it will be more consistant

For whatever reason my new auto 335i n54 when I have the FP mapping set any higher than 75 I get rich spikes at shift and timing takes a shlt after shifts leading to the car having an odd and sudden stop in accel completely than regains some pull. but timing will flatline terribly... I can lower FP mapping to help it but this perticular car just doesnt react well to JB4 or g5 at all.. Not really sure why and terry says mine is a pretty rare case... A flash of the ECU should do me well in my situation...

I ordered this from terry and will try out his tune. PTF is another option for a Etune but if terry's works that is where i will stop because he will have it tuned to work with meth and once you are running a good timing curve , with good afr, and trims not maxed thats all you need on stock turbos+meth...

As far as tuning for e85 im sure terry can add some advance over the standard flash to help with making extra power... From car to car will be very different I dont think anyone can say what HP you will gain from this..

e92
(#54)
Old

Default 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita
+ upgraded turbos? 50% E85?
Man, I am full of fail today.

I already run:
15 ohm JB4 + FBO + Meth + e45

vs.

Flash + same setup, with perhaps stronger e85 mix?

Just trying to see if this is worth it if I don't plan on RBs or an upgraded single.
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2012, 12:55 PM

With OEM turbos no real need unless you have a car that is finicky with fuel trims, 29F2 codes, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Default 08-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Man, I am full of fail today.

I already run:
15 ohm JB4 + FBO + Meth + e45

vs.

Flash + same setup, with perhaps stronger e85 mix?

Just trying to see if this is worth it if I don't plan on RBs or an upgraded single.
not worth it than...

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#57)
Old

Default 08-20-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With OEM turbos no real need unless you have a car that is finicky with fuel trims, 29F2 codes, etc.
Don't think so, at least, haven't seen anything in logs and haven't seen flashers going off before rev limit hits.

I've bumped things upto 55 additive, with AMS FMIC and 52 degree ambient, lets just say it pulls pretty hard.

My goal this winter is to break the IAT record (whatever that is) or just set it, (safely, of course), hoping for some -30F ambient + meth.

Boost target will probably be like, 12 psi in those temps.
(#58)
Old

Default 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Don't think so, at least, haven't seen anything in logs and haven't seen flashers going off before rev limit hits.

I've bumped things upto 55 additive, with AMS FMIC and 52 degree ambient, lets just say it pulls pretty hard.

My goal this winter is to break the IAT record (whatever that is) or just set it, (safely, of course), hoping for some -30F ambient + meth.

Boost target will probably be like, 12 psi in those temps.
jb4 will always boost the same.... with that low temp i doubt you can even get traction in 4th.

(#59)
Old

Default 08-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
jb4 will always boost the same.... with that low temp i doubt you can even get traction in 4th.
AWD + snow tires
(#60)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
It's all about the tires. I dead hooked in 22 degree F weather in 2nd gear FBO + meth @ 18 psi with my Continental DWS

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#61)
Old

Car: 335 e90 spt pack 6mt
Default 08-21-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05
If your JB4 settings are dialed in as good as they can be, and your car reacts well to it with proper AFR and good timing this wont do you much good other than the ability to log more parameters...

But if your trims are maxxed, timing is inconsistant, AFR isnt where you want it, getting cobb and a custom tune will help... overall I think it will be more consistant

For whatever reason my new auto 335i n54 when I have the FP mapping set any higher than 75 I get rich spikes at shift and timing takes a shlt after shifts leading to the car having an odd and sudden stop in accel completely than regains some pull. but timing will flatline terribly... I can lower FP mapping to help it but this perticular car just doesnt react well to JB4 or g5 at all.. Not really sure why and terry says mine is a pretty rare case... A flash of the ECU should do me well in my situation...

I ordered this from terry and will try out his tune. PTF is another option for a Etune but if terry's works that is where i will stop because he will have it tuned to work with meth and once you are running a good timing curve , with good afr, and trims not maxed thats all you need on stock turbos+meth...

As far as tuning for e85 im sure terry can add some advance over the standard flash to help with making extra power... From car to car will be very different I dont think anyone can say what HP you will gain from this..
mines been doing the same thing, 08 335 at...ill get running about 90-95% for one good pull, then the next run is doo doo, been going thru it for a few weeks and cant figure it out, I hope this flash will help
(#62)
Old

Default 08-21-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
It's all about the tires. I dead hooked in 22 degree F weather in 2nd gear FBO + meth @ 18 psi with my Continental DWS
those are All weather tyres, not winter tyres. if i put those on during winter i cant even drive the car

(#63)
Old

Default 08-22-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
Noob question sorry - new to flashing, but how do I tell my ECU version???
you know when you connect the cobb ap

(#64)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 08-23-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
you know when you connect the cobb ap
Thanks enrita - that really does sound obvious now you have said it

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless DP's / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#65)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Well after getting past a bit of noobiness (new to flashing) I successfully installed the BMS flash. I must say Terry, it feels great! Silky smooth power application and very solid feeling on the bum dyno. If this just the beginning, I can't wait to see this in a developed stage!

I'm off to the track tomorrow (circuit not drags) to stretch the cars legs

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless DP's / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2012, 05:35 PM

We have updates often so once you get a log done send it in and we'll go from there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#67)
Old

Default 08-29-2012, 01:05 PM

I own normal JB4 without 15 ohm mod.
Installing RB Turbos in a month.
will driving 30-60 % E85 and maybe install meth.

Should i update to G5 and buy Cobb from Terry?
Or should i buy just COBB from Terry?
Or should i just update to G5

TY :-)
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM

Probably best to get both. The G5 upgrade is only $50 if you had bought the JB4 from us.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Default 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM

TY
But will be 150$ for me because i am living in germany and parcel to and from US is expensive so it doesnt matter sending or not. ^^
i will buy both
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Even at $150 it's sort of a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of RB, labor, Cobb, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM

i know so i do it ^^

CPS also nessecary?!
Car allready has a programmed SLD in ecu
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollegga
i know so i do it ^^

CPS also nessecary?!
Car allready has a programmed SLD in ecu
Nope, with the BMS flash you don't need the CPS or SLD wires. Just get the 2STEP relay if you are a manual trans. Otherwise just the G5 board.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Default 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM

What about using the BMS cantool to download the backend flash? No Alternatives? There must be cheaper options than having to pay for a Cobb that is restricted to one VIN...?

JB4 //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Pi & Fuel it stage 4/MHD
BEF /CP&TIAL/ OCC.
(#74)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i A/T
Default 09-12-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temperamental
What about using the BMS cantool to download the backend flash? No Alternatives? There must be cheaper options than having to pay for a Cobb that is restricted to one VIN...?
One Cobb AP is restricted to one VIN?

I imagined that one flash is restricted to one VIN...

Slow, stupid and angry...

2007 E90 335i AT, G5 ISO, FSB, BMS flash, RB's, RB PCV, DP's, ER OC's, Injen DCI, BMS OCC, FMIC, ER CP, Tial Q BOV, Walbro 455 LPFP, Snow meth kit injecting E85, runnung on E40-50, Alpina TCU flash, Wavetrac LSD.

Coming: BT FMIC, bigger better water rad.
(#75)
Old

Default 09-12-2012, 11:24 AM

I understand so unless one goes for the Cobb professional which is unlimited but its way outside my budget.

JB4 //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Pi & Fuel it stage 4/MHD
BEF /CP&TIAL/ OCC.