N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5026)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-13-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, I cranked map 7 up to around 19psi peak. Might be too strong for 50/50. Will need to get more customer data on it and adjust as needed. The G4 map 7 peaks at 16.5psi as a mild race map. But we're going to expect G5 owners are smart enough not to try map 7 on pump gas.
Email sent!

I'll try it out and get some logs on 50/50 E85.... I forgot to ask you in my email though, when you send this new map 7 firmware, will map 5 & 3 still be the same as they are now? Because I'm happy with those two maps and it would be nice to switch around and compare them all without needing to switch firmware again.

2009 BMW Z4 35i 6spd mt: Speedtech single turbo w/ all the goods!
(#5027)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eracer76
Email sent!

I'll try it out and get some logs on 50/50 E85.... I forgot to ask you in my email though, when you send this new map 7 firmware, will map 5 & 3 still be the same as they are now? Because I'm happy with those two maps and it would be nice to switch around and compare them all without needing to switch firmware again.
Let us know how it goes...I am getting the Cobb flash and run a 80% mix with tis firmware soon.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#5028)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
80% mix
80-e85\20-91?
(#5029)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eracer76
Email sent!

The new map 7 is for non-meth cars only. It's really meant for MS109 race gas. 50-60% E85 may work, or may not, depending on the car. Meth does not flow on map 7 so if you're using meth this would be a downgrade.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5030)
Old

Car: E92 335i, E30 327i
Default 09-13-2012, 06:34 PM

I need better instructions on how to connect the 2 step in to the G5.

Pleaseeee!!!!

Mk7 Gti Dsg: 298whp
E30 332i: Race Car.
(#5031)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM

The first post covers it. It's pretty simple. Connect the wires where it says to connect them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5032)
Old

Default 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM

I have a brown pin wire, red wire to jump power and a blue and white cables.

(#5033)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM

So connect the red to the green connector position #8, blue/white female to the wire you removed, then brown wire goes in to the USB cable in spot #7 as indicated. For it to work you also need the clutch wire which installs in spot #8 in the USB cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#5034)
Old

Default 09-13-2012, 07:05 PM

I understood everything but last question,

Where is the clutch wire? Or which is?

(#5035)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM

It comes with the relay, separate wire. If you don't have one you'll need to email the order department.

Burger Motorsports

(#5036)
Old

Default 09-14-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
The new map 7 is for non-meth cars only. It's really meant for MS109 race gas. 50-60% E85 may work, or may not, depending on the car. Meth does not flow on map 7 so if you're using meth this would be a downgrade.
if we are not able to obtain ms109 (105 octane), would we be able to mix sunoco 260 gt (100 octane) + e85 in order to use the new map 7?

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#5037)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Sure.

Burger Motorsports

(#5038)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM

Hey Terry,
Have you experienced the same issue with the canflap and the G5?
Thanks
(#5039)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi MT fbo
Default 09-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Is there anyone who's running G5 on 91 octane + meth? Or 93 + meth? What boost can you achieve before seeing timing drops (fuel limitation)?
Thanks

2008 335xi MT e90
JB4 G5, WW meth kit, UR catted dp's, UR catback, turbonetics FMIC, DCI, koni yellow + H&R sport, rieger front bumper, Avant Garde M310 19" matte black
(#5040)
Old

Car: 08 135i 6MT
Default 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebequer
Is there anyone who's running G5 on 91 octane + meth? Or 93 + meth? What boost can you achieve before seeing timing drops (fuel limitation)?
Thanks
I run 94+meth and max out my stock turbos at 19+psi without timing drops

Current - 2008 135i 6MT | XR9567
Sold - 2007 335xi AT | 12.1@117
(#5041)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-15-2012, 10:48 AM

So if my SES light is already on because of my *** I assume I'd never be able to see the run lean/overboost safety flashes?

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#5042)
Old

Default 09-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.K
I run 94+meth and max out my stock turbos at 19+psi without timing drops
Same here... no time drops on 93/E85+meth
(#5043)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Also have some good news for G5 owners:

I've started development on G5 isolated boost control. This removes all boost control from the DME allowing the JB4 to run boost and throttle completely independently. I expect this will improve throttle response and pedal linearity, improve overall boost control at higher boost targets, and setup the G5 up to seamlessly run any imaginable turbo setup. For the update you'll remove a jumper on the G5 board we've placed for just this event and then load up the new firmware. Easy. Boost control is really the last area other piggyback makers can make any credible claim to having a superior system and this next move will close that gap up nicely.
T since I have the g5 out right now it would prob be a lot easier if I did it now. Which jumper should I remove? Also can you shoot me the firmware? I'll be running it with the backend flash. You've already sent me one backend flash that you sai was aggressive for my e85/102 mixes. Can I get one for 93? I'll be doing my nitrous testing on 93 first. Also I didn't see the AP on your site. Can you email me the link or something?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#5044)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2012, 11:01 PM

Link to the AP is in our flash thread. For the isolated control you will need to wait until we post the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#5045)
Old

Default 09-17-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
So connect the red to the green connector position #8, blue/white female to the wire you removed, then brown wire goes in to the USB cable in spot #7 as indicated. For it to work you also need the clutch wire which installs in spot #8 in the USB cable.
Hey Terry, I got the green wire that installs in spot #8, but where do the two green wires connect? Green connector in the ecu box?

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#5046)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM

The clutch wire? Spot #18 on the gray subconnector per the first post!

Burger Motorsports

(#5047)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Hey terry, can you post up the different settings and what they do ...for example all the future use settings (a,b,c,d)...fua2 disable auto learning open loop...fud10 afr bank 1 &2 in hfp and oil temp log fields...fud11 oil temp instead of lfp...fud99 rattle fix......those are the only additional settings i know of.

Last edited by Maximum996; 09-17-2012 at 03:33 PM..
(#5048)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 09-18-2012, 01:09 AM

Hi all

I am new to this forum, but have been lurking and stealing knowledge for a very long time now.

I have a few questions regarding the new G5. Terry please could you advise.

Current mods : DP,meth,G4 JB,DCI. BMW 2012 1M. South Africa.

Terry when do you think it would be possible to have a 1M specific G5 Setting like on the JB4 G4 home page. Reason being is that i am not as clued up in respect of SLD/CLD?/AFR settings.

Should i just buy it and email you logs and take it from there or is there something in the pipeline for the future.

Please advise.
(#5049)
Old

Default 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM

Or you can contact me. We provide all the Jb4 and BMS support in South Africa and we consult with Terry on a regular basis. There is a strong 1M with Jb4 G5 at altitude, which we have been assisting.

JB4 //MMP Stage 3 turbos//Custom Exhaust/BMS DCI//FMIC/KW suspension//Pi & Fuel it stage 4/MHD
BEF /CP&TIAL/ OCC.
(#5050)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 09-20-2012, 07:00 PM

Hey man you will choose n54 motor NOT the flash option because the flash option is if you are flashed when you get a bigger turbo ETC.

I have a quick question to run meth which i will start tomorrow does my map setting have to be on map 5? or can it be on any map like map 2 for example? i have fbo's no meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecsoman
9/1 you just have to sellect BMS flash and thats it?

Terry you are totally clear how to satisfy the costumers! Anyone who will use the BMS flash probably already is clear about what he has to do, but you still make it easy for the flashers. You are going crazy with costumer satisfaction! :D

I have to update to prepair for the Cobb AP coming next week!!!