N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1401)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM

Has anyone tried the map 4 and can tell if the consumption is lower?

What quantity about?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#1402)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 02-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevron
How about that rev-matched down shifting thing Terry, I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers to test it out for you when you get it created....
mm.. and downshifts to first gear instead of second (in M mode) for us auto users

probably not very useful, but it will make the car feel more "pure" for lack of a better adjective
(#1403)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
Has anyone tried the map 4 and can tell if the consumption is lower?

What quantity about?
Right now, map 4 is the same as stock in terms of fuel economy. But fixing that is on the to-do list!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1404)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM

has there been enough data collected on map 5 to say that it is safe to use as a daily driver on car with only JB4 and DCI running 91, or should I stick to map 1 for now?
(#1405)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 02-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Right now, map 4 is the same as stock in terms of fuel economy. But fixing that is on the to-do list!
then, still we donīt use this map to reduce consumption?

Time is the best teacher

(#1406)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2011, 12:13 PM

It is like running map 0, or your stock tuning. Mileage might be a touch better than the performance map all around if you go heavier on the throttle but for sustained cruising no real change. Yet!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1407)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 02-19-2011, 01:05 PM

ok, then we must wait it, but it is very interesting, especially for driving city

Time is the best teacher

(#1408)
Old

Default 02-19-2011, 02:09 PM

COnnected and hit upload firmware but nothing happens. Any ideas?
(#1409)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 02-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
COnnected and hit upload firmware but nothing happens. Any ideas?
It takes a good while to upload the firmware. Many minutes. Look at the text block at the bottom of your screen, and it will show you the progress. It counts up to about 417 from Zero.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#1410)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Default 02-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddy
has there been enough data collected on map 5 to say that it is safe to use as a daily driver on car with only JB4 and DCI running 91, or should I stick to map 1 for now?
+1
(#1411)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 02-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
It takes a good while to upload the firmware. Many minutes. Look at the text block at the bottom of your screen, and it will show you the progress. It counts up to about 417 from Zero.
yes, bottom left hand corner of the logging tab shows "Status".
You should also get a message right before upload starts.
(#1412)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddy
Load up the 2/18 version, do some logs, and shoot them in. But so far all has looked safe on 91.

Burger Motorsports

(#1413)
Old

Default 02-19-2011, 04:21 PM

i cant even get the upload to start
(#1414)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Load up the 2/18 version, do some logs, and shoot them in. But so far all has looked safe on 91.
ok will do
(#1415)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 02-19-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
i cant even get the upload to start
There are many variables to check.
Firmware downloaded to PC
PC hooked to JB4 cable
Ignition on, but engine not running
Open JB4 > logging > file >"connect" > then chose 'upload firmware'
Find latest firmware on PC > 'open' or 'start'
Confirm loading at status box

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#1416)
Old

Default 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM

thanks, ill try again
(#1417)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Has Map 5 so far been shown to be more powerful/faster than Map2 with autopid?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1418)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2011, 05:08 PM

For a few but for most they are winding up below map 2 levels based on the safety criteria.

Burger Motorsports

(#1419)
Old

Car: 2013 e92 (LCI) M-Sport N55
Default 02-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Downloaded just 0202 firmware today, and map5 seems to be more conservative to my butt dyno than map1 on 0201. Don't even know if I want to download 0218 since I read its map5 is even more conservative than 0202...

2013 BMW 335i M-Sport E92 LCI
2012 BMW X5 XDrive35D
2010 BMW 335i E90 (Retired)
2007 BMW 335i E90 (Retired)
(#1420)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 02-19-2011, 05:34 PM

i wish i could get any logs done. when the roads are clear i have ZERO traction in 3rd gr even if i start @ 65-70mph.I dont want to get into 4th gr pulls around this way. i may have to make a special trip back to Atco just for logs again (opens up next weekend)
(#1421)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlex
Downloaded just 0202 firmware today, and map5 seems to be more conservative to my butt dyno than map1 on 0201. Don't even know if I want to download 0218 since I read its map5 is even more conservative than 0202...
Load it and log it, and we'll see!

Burger Motorsports

(#1422)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
For a few but for most they are winding up below map 2 levels based on the safety criteria.
I have expected this ,thats y i didnt upload the new firmware ,it will always be a trade off between POWER and SAFETY ,what ur doing now terry ,is to reduce the the gap.
i think ur map 5 needs lots and lots of testing...it worth the try though...
(#1423)
Old

Car: 07 335i Cp
Default 02-20-2011, 10:49 AM

do you think we can get a control through the steering wheel to reset to default? i.e. incase you want all settings back to how they would be the first time you got the jb4?

is this a viable option or useless to others?
(#1424)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodi
I have expected this ,thats y i didnt upload the new firmware ,it will always be a trade off between POWER and SAFETY ,what ur doing now terry ,is to reduce the the gap.
i think ur map 5 needs lots and lots of testing...it worth the try though...
Maps 1, 2, and 7 are unchanged. So definitely upgrade for the other little fixes we throw in there. Even if you don't plan to ever run map 5.

Burger Motorsports

(#1425)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Terry found out the source of my oil leak, one of the oil coolers lines split somehow and under high pressure sprayed oil everywhere. Hopefully be fixed next week, so until then I wont be able to get logs . A friend of mine just got his in but isnt familiar with updating firmware and the interface. I'll help him out and get some logs off of that and send it in.