JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: N54 335i
Default Problems since JB4 update - Log Attached - 07-26-2021, 03:05 PM

Hi guys

I have owned my 335i for 6 years and have been lucky enough not to face any issues until now 😆

I sent the car into the garage for a new radiator and the guy decided to connect his scanner to the car afterwards. This knocked my JB4 out and started making it act weird. The steering wheel controls didnít function properly so I thought I would update the firmware to see if this fixed it. Ive never updated the firmware since I bought the JB4 around 5 years ago so Iím not sure what version it was running before the update.

The update did solve that issue but the car has not driven right since. Now when I accelerate hard it does this strange thing where between 2-5k revs it feels like traction is breaking and cutting out fuelling. Then it drops an over boost code.

Over the weekend I went through the user adjustment settings on JB4 mobile and found lots of them were running odd values TMAP was reading 15 6-cyl timing was reading 15 and max boost in 3rd had a value of 2. I updated these settings but itís not really helped.

I havenít ever logged a run before but tried one this evening in the hope someone might be able to shed some light on whatís happening?

Thanks for reading
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M6_R2_210726_2125.csv (27.5 KB, 55 views)
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-26-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcity
Hi guys

I have owned my 335i for 6 years and have been lucky enough not to face any issues until now ��

I sent the car into the garage for a new radiator and the guy decided to connect his scanner to the car afterwards. This knocked my JB4 out and started making it act weird. The steering wheel controls didn’t function properly so I thought I would update the firmware to see if this fixed it. Ive never updated the firmware since I bought the JB4 around 5 years ago so I’m not sure what version it was running before the update.

The update did solve that issue but the car has not driven right since. Now when I accelerate hard it does this strange thing where between 2-5k revs it feels like traction is breaking and cutting out fuelling. Then it drops an over boost code.

Over the weekend I went through the user adjustment settings on JB4 mobile and found lots of them were running odd values TMAP was reading 15 6-cyl timing was reading 15 and max boost in 3rd had a value of 2. I updated these settings but it’s not really helped.

I haven’t ever logged a run before but tried one this evening in the hope someone might be able to shed some light on what’s happening?

Thanks for reading
It may have sent you to map 0 when they plugged in the OBD II.
Now you will have to set all default settings and start from there.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-27-2021, 11:41 AM

A DWP of 15 is pretty low and FF is maxed out at 150. Definitely want to set everything back to the default settings. Then do a log on map 1 and map 4 so we can compare them and see if you have an issue with setup, or an induced hardware issue from the work done at the shop.

E Series N54 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Default 07-27-2021, 01:17 PM

Thank you, I will reset all the user adjustments and record some more logs
(#5)
Old

Default 07-28-2021, 04:58 PM

Solved it, i reinstalled the firmware and reset everything to defaults and it’s running perfectly again. Thanks for taking the time to read and advise, it’s very much appreciated ��
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-29-2021, 09:53 AM

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.