JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#3301)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdale83
Hey Terry, heres those logs you asked for. Couple WOT 40-90 pulls on map2. I did notice that the boost was maxing out about 17-18psi which is what I normally got stock.

Thanks!
Yes according to the log the engine isn't warm enough to properly lubricate the turbos so the JB4 is defaulting to factory boost. Was that the case or is this an issue with how the JB4 reads water temp on your model?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3302)
Old

Car: 14 Veloster Turbo
Default 06-14-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes according to the log the engine isn't warm enough to properly lubricate the turbos so the JB4 is defaulting to factory boost. Was that the case or is this an issue with how the JB4 reads water temp on your model?
The temp gauge in the car was in the middle. I waited for the car to warm up.. Is there a setting in the JB4 to help with the water temp readings? I just checked the logs I sent and it isnt getting water temp, trans temp or oil temps.

Last edited by mcdale83; 06-14-2020 at 09:54 AM..
(#3303)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1
Default 06-14-2020, 09:46 AM

Not running WMI just E30 mix
(#3304)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The temp gauge in the car was in the middle. I waited for the car to warm up.. Is there a setting in the JB4 to help with the water temp readings? I just checked the logs I sent and it isnt getting water temp, trans temp or oil temps.
Got it must be a bug then, in that case set options bit2 on to disable the warmup safety and we'll need to evaluate why it's not reading water temp accurately.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3305)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Got it must be a bug then, in that case set options bit2 on to disable the warmup safety and we'll need to evaluate why it's not reading water temp accurately.
Ok will do. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me. Thanks for your help Terry!
(#3306)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 06-14-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
Denso plugs after around 20K miles. Originally gapped to 0.022. It's hard to tell from the picture but the electrodes were well worn. Probably going to change them every 12-15K from here on out.

Is this normal? I thought iridium plugs were good for like 100,000 miles?

Iím running map 2 with 93 octane, with about 30k on my densos. Should I replace? Is there any danger if I donít?
(#3307)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 06-14-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Hi Terry

I got a question about map 7.
On what value is the boost additive based on?
I understand that it is a percentage, but a percentage of what value? Is it a fixed value or profile (per gear, rpm) inside JB4 for each platform?
Just in case you missed my question
I am really curious.
Thanks in advance!
(#3308)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1
Default Limp Mode On Map4 - 06-14-2020, 11:25 AM

Terry can you check this for me. Iím getting a safety 3 fuel pressure on map4 and goes to map0. This has been since I installed the EWG. Prior to this I had the car Dyno and it was running good.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R2_200614_0323.csv (16.9 KB, 227 views)
(#3309)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sboylan
Is this normal? I thought iridium plugs were good for like 100,000 miles?

Iím running map 2 with 93 octane, with about 30k on my densos. Should I replace? Is there any danger if I donít?
No we suggest replacing plugs every 15-20k miles if you want to be proactive, or when misfire codes start coming up if you're OK being reactive.

Burger Motorsports

(#3310)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Just in case you missed my question
I am really curious.
Thanks in advance!
There is a high and low map profile that the meth additive and meth flow interpolates between. You'd have to divide these values by 0.70 to convert to actual boost target.

psi_curve[0] = 24 '1500
psi_curve[1] = 28 '2000
psi_curve[2] = 31 '2500
psi_curve[3] = 35 '3000
psi_curve[4] = 35 '3500
psi_curve[5] = 35 '4000
psi_curve[6] = 28 '4500
psi_curve[7] = 21 '5000
psi_curve[8] = 21 '5500
psi_curve[9] = 21 '6000
psi_curve[10] = 21 '6500
psi_curve[11] = 21 '7000

psi_curve2[0] = 24 '1500
psi_curve2[1] = 28 '2000
psi_curve2[2] = 31 '2500
psi_curve2[3] = 35 '3000
psi_curve2[4] = 42 '3500
psi_curve2[5] = 49 '4000
psi_curve2[6] = 54 '4500
psi_curve2[7] = 54 '5000
psi_curve2[8] = 54 '5500
psi_curve2[9] = 49 '6000
psi_curve2[10] = 45 '6500
psi_curve2[11] = 42 '7000

Burger Motorsports

(#3311)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 06-14-2020, 01:55 PM

I just installed my JB4 and looking to update the firmware. I can browse and see the listing of the latest stable and beta file, but attempting to download either one results in a error message stating "firmware download failed. network issue".

Solution to this?
Attached Images

Last edited by Hockster; 06-14-2020 at 02:16 PM..
(#3312)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 06-14-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
There is a high and low map profile that the meth additive and meth flow interpolates between. You'd have to divide these values by 0.70 to convert to actual boost target.

Thanks! For me that means no short and simple answer. :D
(#3313)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 06-14-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockster
I just installed my JB4 and looking to update the firmware. I can browse and see the listing of the latest stable and beta file, but attempting to download either one results in a error message stating "firmware download failed. network issue".

Solution to this?

A couple hours later the files downloaded fine. Update successful.
(#3314)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default Log check please - 06-16-2020, 07:42 PM

Running on map3 using the EWG connectors. There have been a few times that it has been acting weird and will go into limp mode where I lose all boost. The second log was one of those times I believe.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_200607_134912.csv (15.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_200609_173833.csv (7.0 KB, 211 views)
(#3315)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakker
Running on map3 using the EWG connectors. There have been a few times that it has been acting weird and will go into limp mode where I lose all boost. The second log was one of those times I believe.
If you're triggering an "over boost" limp mode then try setting duty bias to 40 across the board.

Burger Motorsports

(#3316)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 06-16-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
If you're triggering an "over boost" limp mode then try setting duty bias to 40 across the board.
Thanks I'll give that a try. How did my logs look otherwise?
(#3317)
Old

Car: Hyundai Veloster N
Default 06-17-2020, 01:19 PM

anyone with a Veloster N getting a whine noise when in WOT after doing the spark plugs and installing the JB4? I dont get any codes or CEL. Someone told me its normal while others saying it can be a boost leak. Best way to describe it since I can't add a video here is like a supercharger whine.
(#3318)
Old

Car: 2015 Kia Optima turbo
Default 06-19-2020, 02:51 AM

What do the loggs say? Are you getting the desired boost?

2021 kia K5GT.
(#3319)
Old

Car: 20 Veloster N pp
Default 06-19-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostd_N
anyone with a Veloster N getting a whine noise when in WOT after doing the spark plugs and installing the JB4? I dont get any codes or CEL. Someone told me its normal while others saying it can be a boost leak. Best way to describe it since I can't add a video here is like a supercharger whine.
Yes, map 4, Cai, Def sounds like SC whine here too. I suspect we are hearing the turbo.
(#3320)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 06-22-2020, 07:03 PM

So after filling today with the usual mixture of E85 and 91, did a pull on Map 3 and it cut off to Map 0. Gave me a Last Safety of 3 for Fuel Pressure Low. Anything I can do to avoid this?
(#3321)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 06-23-2020, 03:49 AM

Might be heavier in ethanol than usual
(#3322)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 06-24-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
No we suggest replacing plugs every 15-20k miles if you want to be proactive, or when misfire codes start coming up if you're OK being reactive.
Just started misfiring on Cyl 2. Time to replace the plugs!!! (Wish I had ordered them a couple of weeks ago)
(#3323)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So after filling today with the usual mixture of E85 and 91, did a pull on Map 3 and it cut off to Map 0. Gave me a Last Safety of 3 for Fuel Pressure Low. Anything I can do to avoid this?
Log of it? We might be able to lean out AFR to keep pressure up.

Burger Motorsports

(#3324)
Old

Default 06-25-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Hey Terry, so I disabled bit2 and the car is working great now. Just wondering if the stock ECU will still limit boost until operating temps? I don't want to ruin my turbo by accidentally over boosting before the car is warmed up.
(#3325)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Hey Terry, so I disabled bit2 and the car is working great now. Just wondering if the stock ECU will still limit boost until operating temps? I don't want to ruin my turbo by accidentally over boosting before the car is warmed up.
I'm working on that right now, drop me an email and we'll get you some firmware to test shortly. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports