N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW E46 325i
Default Please help! N54 Boost not on target (No leaks i think?) Logs included - 09-09-2020, 01:17 PM

Hi everyone!

Recently i started to notice that my fuel gauge JB4 boost hijack was maxing out at around 10-13psi at WOT when i am use to see it around 14-16psi.

The car is a 2008 E90 335ix 75k miles with only a JB4 on Map 5 with in this case 20% E85 and the rest 91 octane (Swedish 95 octane)

All logs are 3rd gear pulls except one which includes two 3rd gear pulls and one 4rth gear pull at the end.

I would be so gratefull if someone could take a look at my logs and se what the problem could be!

Thanks!

/ Oscar from Sweden
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R3_200909_1802.csv (221.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200909_183301.csv (68.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200909_183454.csv (77.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200909_183816.csv (49.4 KB, 18 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-09-2020, 07:27 PM

Log files are massive.

Enable 6 cyl timing

Relog just 3rd gear, I don’t need to see the non WOT portions

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Log files are massive.

Enable 6 cyl timing

Relog just 3rd gear, I donít need to see the non WOT portions
Hi! These logs should be better! Map 5 3rd gear 20% ethanol
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200910_182250.csv (24.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200910_182801.csv (27.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200910_183218.csv (20.0 KB, 17 views)
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-10-2020, 03:55 PM

Looks like you have a pretty sizable leak. 7-8 psi under target.

I'd visually look for a boost leak, it looks pretty massive based on the logs.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-11-2020, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Looks like you have a pretty sizable leak. 7-8 psi under target.

I'd visually look for a boost leak, it looks pretty massive based on the logs.
Ok, thats wierd because i had low boost for a couple of days and once i reset all the JB4 values to stock i did a pull and i was hitting just over 16psi but that was just one pull and it was before i made these logs which makes me think its related to JB4 settings? Could that be the case? for example the FF value went to 150 after these latest pulls, any settings i could try out? Will check if i can se anything visual that might cause a boost leak.
(#6)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 09-11-2020, 01:13 AM

wgdc is maxed and stays at 99 with throttle at 100 percent. this is an indicator of a boost or vacuum leak (be sure to check vacuum lines). ff adjusting to 150 is not the cause of low boost, it's the result of trying to raise boost

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-11-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarwithC
Ok, thats wierd because i had low boost for a couple of days and once i reset all the JB4 values to stock i did a pull and i was hitting just over 16psi but that was just one pull and it was before i made these logs which makes me think its related to JB4 settings? Could that be the case? for example the FF value went to 150 after these latest pulls, any settings i could try out? Will check if i can se anything visual that might cause a boost leak.
FF learning back up to 150 is a sign of a boost leak somewhere in the system.

Burger Motorsports