N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Thumbs up BMS ********* are THE BEST! - 05-06-2013, 02:37 AM

First I just want to give thanks to both Terry and Dr.Euro for helping me with this upgrade.

A little background, this isn't my first 335 this is my third 335 and I guess I'm somewhat familiar with the N54 platform I was one of the first to get a 335 back in 12/06 and I've always liked them through the years I've been through all sorts of cars including 3 E92 335's and 2 E9x M3's (both supercharged) My most recent car was a Porsche 911 turbo which was totaled a couple months ago (rear ended) and in my recent search for a replacement I wasn't too thrilled with what was available in the used Porsche market so I decided to get another 335 as a project to keep me occupied until I get another 911 sometime this year. Anyway I was one the first people to get a proceed and also one of the first to switch from that mess to the JuiceBox and I've never been disappointed with any of Terry's products from the very beginning. Ever since the time Terry wiped the smirk of my face when we first ran each other in my near FBO 335 with some super duper top secret boo boo race file from Shiv with Terry's (at the time) far less modded 335 . I immediately switched and haven't looked back. So naturally the first person I e-mailed when I picked up my latest 335 was Terry and he briefly filled me in with what the latest greatest mods were. So I went and picked up the JB4 G5 ISO and I was very impressed at how the car reacted and I love all the cool features it has with the CANbus (my old JB didn't have that). After rocking the JB4/DCI combo for a couple weeks I decided I wanted to get a set of ********* for a lil more fun so I picked up a set from Terry and made an appointment with Dr. Euro to install them along with the Alpina B3 AT flash.

So Dr.Euro came by my friends house whom was also getting his ********* installed on his 135i at the same time. He arrived right on our set time on saturday and got to working on my friends car which was cold while my car cooled down from morning errands. Unfortunately for him he was having serious issues with the fitment of the ********* my friend bought (NOT BMS) and it required my friend to take a trip to the hardware store to get the job completed I don't want to mention names to give him a chance to make a post about it if he chooses . So while my buddy ran off to the hardware store to get some parts to make his **'s fit. Daniel started working on my car and he was so quick he was able to get it done before my buddy made it back from the store!

Now I have to say when I opened the box to see the BMS ********* they were very nice looking probably the cleanest looking set I've ever seen. Very clean high quality welds and high grade stainless steel. In comparison to the riss racing ********* I had on my 2nd 335 which were absolutely horrible and didn't even fit properly (even though they used my car to make the jig!) The BMS ********* were night and day from that junk. And comparing them to the slightly less expensive ********* my friend got it was drastically different as well, the welds and the stainless didn't look/feel nearly as high quality. And my friend unfortunately felt buyers remorse when Dr.Euro was explaining why they were not fitting due to a poor design flaw in the flanges (too thick for the Vband clamps).

So once Dr.Euro got the ***** installed on my car which went alot quicker then I thought he told me to take it for a spin and so I did. I LOVE the added power and response the BMS ********* provide not to mention the sound. It reminded me all over again why I liked the N54 I highly recommend that everyone considering a set of ********* to go with the BMS setup its the absolute best value/quality ratio out there hands down. I also recommend the Alpina B3 tranny software which is an absolute MUST for all you 6AT owners out there I love the much quicker then stock shifts which used to feel terribly lethargic and made me actually regret getting an Auto this time. After the install I've been spending the whole weekend finding reasons to go places just so I can rip around in my car. I think the next step for me is going to be the Cobb BMS tune and IC and eventually upgraded turbos/meth.

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White

Last edited by JonMartin; 05-06-2013 at 02:45 AM.. Reason: Added pics
(#2)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 05-06-2013, 06:36 AM

I absolutely agree!!! The BMS ********* are some of the best I've seen, even compared to others twice the price! While I'm not FBO yet, all of the parts I have personally and others that I've dealt with are BMS parts. Always been happy with everything I've dealt!

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Thumbs up 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM

^ +1

I had them on my old car and they worked great. After removal (1+yrs on car) they still look good. Very durable.

They are going on the new car shortly. Cannot wait.

2009 335i e90 n54; sport; premium; logic7
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2013, 07:36 AM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
N54ever

Car: 135i
Default 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM

I performed my own install of the BMS **'s and completely agree. I considered cheaper, but with all of the quality/fitment issues I read about it just wasn't worth it, plus ** installation is not for the faint of heart anyway. Glad I went with BMS. After installation while I was still under the car I marveled at the extremely close tolerances they were working with to get those beasts made. Not to mention their just so damn pretty!
(#6)
Old

Car: 14' 435i
Default 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM

Sold

14' 435i. M-Sport, JB4 Stage 2, BMS Intake, more to come
(#7)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Yes, these are the BEST I have seen for the money, especially!

Here are some pics of mine on my 13 335i

Also, an after **'s installed vid:

http://youtu.be/2aE0TXWwWh4
Attached Images

(#8)
Old

Default 06-03-2013, 03:09 PM

Would I pass inspection with these ?
(#9)
Old
Juicebox Junkie

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Yeah the factory Terry uses for the ***** is VERY good, they actually make some really expensive stuff. Good to see that he didn't cheap out and use other factories just to make larger profits and that he chose to go with a better quality product.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bimmer
Yeah the factory Terry uses for the ***** is VERY good, they actually make some really expensive stuff. Good to see that he didn't cheap out and use other factories just to make larger profits and that he chose to go with a better quality product.
+1 Very happy with the quality of the *********.
(#11)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Interesting that a Porsche Turbo owner would go back to a tuned 335. Says a lot about the car and the tuning potential.
The 3 series is a little too darty and compact for my needs, but I agree it's a Winner when fully modded.
Don't neglect the suspension as you add power. The car feels so much more agile, athletic and composed with high quality coil overs. Plus if you actually hit any sort of decent highway speed the car feels floaty on stock suspension. Something like a set of KW V1s settle it right down in a firm tuck, while absorbing any road imperfections like a sponge.

Anyway, 335i with modded N54 = Porsche Turbo on a budget! I guess that's the message.
I have a 997 Turbo on my bucket list. Looking for the right excuse. Meanwhile loving my RB 535.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Glad you guys like them. They cost more to make/import than VSRF *****, our main competitor in that market, but we've been able to keep the retail price pretty close and I think they are really worth it. No offense to AR design as they make unarguably the best N54 ***** but our ***** are really not far behind in quality and craftsmanship. And are half the cost. Globalization is really the way of the future.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#13)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM

Any plans to make catted ***** that are half the cost of the competition?
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2013, 08:34 AM

Sorry, no plans for any addl n54 *********.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 07 335i E92
Default 06-05-2013, 08:54 AM

They are the only ********* we install at the shop. Great price and perfect fitment.

G5ISO | BMS Backend Flash | MS *** | MS DCI | RPI FMIC | Britalman Catback | European Auto Garage
(#16)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Need sound clips of these ***** on stock exhaust !
(#17)
Old

Car: 07 335i E92
Default 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM

This is with stock exhaust but passenger side muffler is modified

http://s298.photobucket.com/user/4dr...ml?sort=3&o=29

G5ISO | BMS Backend Flash | MS *** | MS DCI | RPI FMIC | Britalman Catback | European Auto Garage
(#18)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM

I had *** installed today!!! yeahhh, only to find out the previous own had gutted the OEM ***... :-/ I'm pretty sure the previous prolly gutted the mid CATs too... I guess I'm just going to have to do a full dual 3" exhaust... Thoughts from the peanut gallery?
(#19)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Must be a loud car with no kitties whatsoever.
Stinky SOB too! Phew.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#20)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM

I don't think its loud at all, hell I can barely hear the engine which is sort of frustrating and I have not noticed any fowl smell so... maybe it does have secondary cats?