N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Default Is there a list of the basic BB flash changes? - 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM

I'm curious if there is a list of all the changes the BB flashes do.

Specifically what changes are made other than improved fueling, timing, etc.

I have heard things like built-in speed limit removal, no ** error codes, etc.

What else is there? Do all the flashes have the same basic changes like this?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dahwich; 09-30-2013 at 10:56 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Any and all info is in the BB flash post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-30-2013, 01:39 PM

You can also compare the changes in tunerpro if you look at your stock rom versus the bms modified bins.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Default 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s142nv
You can also compare the changes in tunerpro if you look at your stock rom versus the bms modified bins.
Yeah, the easiest way is to look at the flash's .xdf file. All the changes are there. I can definitely see the speed limiter setting and mention of several codes including the ** codes. But I am no expert and don't have much clue what else is going on in there
(#5)
Old

Car: none
Default 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Any and all info is in the BB flash post.
Is there a link? I am only seeing this link for the BB flash and there's no info on the basic changes the flash actually makes.

Also to confirm the BB flash is meant to work in conjunction with various types of tunes right?
(#6)
Old

Car: e92 BMW 335
Default 10-17-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR
Is there a link? I am only seeing this link for the BB flash and there's no info on the basic changes the flash actually makes.

Also to confirm the BB flash is meant to work in conjunction with various types of tunes right?
+1
I too would like to know what all the hype is about with all of the different open source flash tunes. This may be a stupid question, but then again I don't know so while having the flash stacked with the jb4 does it add any extra hP/tq over just the tune itself?

E92 Chameleon AT 335I/ MMP Stage 3 turbos/ EOS manifold w PI/ PR Stage 3 Modular LPFP/ JB4 G5 + MHD/ BMS DCI/ BMS Cowl Filters/ BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve/ BMS OCC/ BMS Meth Kit/MMP inlets and outlets/ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF **/ETS FMIC/ /N20TMAP/ R1 Concept Rotors and Brakes/ST V1 Coilovers/ 888Concept headlights/
(#7)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 10-17-2013, 08:35 AM

The flash changes load tables, target afr, throttle tables, fuel scaler, timing changes, timing reduction tables, a few minor vanos changes etc. Basically, the backend allows for more boost as controlled by the jb4 and more fuel without the jb4 having to bias pressure sensors and O2 sensors as much, which makes things safer and more precise. It also allows the tune to better match boost levels and fuel type in terms of timing. You could say it turns the jb4 into a fancy boost controller, although this would only be somewhat accurate due to how the ecu actually functions.

If you really want to know download tunerpro, a stock bin, a modified bin, and the corresponding xdf and use the compare table tool. It's all right there for you.