N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6776)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathR601
How do you guys know what rpm equal what % of the wastegate in menu 12?
What are the minimum and max RPM accepted?
RPM/100 = percent duty cycle

range = 25-38 (as per first post this thread)

Tuning Obsessed Central Oregon Engineer

08 E82 N54 (bimmerboost flash tuned by me)
(#6777)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Useless W/O logs.
Haha yeah i guess so

check out log at block 2060-2070 it seems like the pedal reads as though im letting off the gas and then ignition falls on its face.
maybe potentiometer in the gas pedal going out?
(#6778)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togeneral99
Haha yeah i guess so

check out log at block 2060-2070 it seems like the pedal reads as though im letting off the gas and then ignition falls on its face.
maybe potentiometer in the gas pedal going out?
That is not the only time I could find that it did that. See 435 - 445.
I assume you have a manual transmission? Your RPM builds quickly then stalls.... like you let out the clutch and got some jerking going on.
Also the "Gear" indication does not indicate that you got fully off the clutch until 460.

Are you sure you did not let up just a little when the clutch started to engage?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6779)
Old

Default 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM

1st off...thanks for checking the log out
Yes I do have the 6MT. It's odd it doesn't seem to do it every time but it really seems more pronounced after the car is running for about a minute and it is more prominent in 2nd and 3rd.
I'm going to head out and try to get a couple of logs say coming off a stoplight aggressively and also another log while slipping the clutch and see if I can get it to log consistently

Again thanks for the help

:edit:

Looking at the logs I see what you are saying about the clutch not being fully disengaged until ~460 which seems pretty long for me (been driving a stick for the last 10 years and don't normally slip the clutch) I did just install the BMS clutch valve - could the system need bleeding it didn't lose any fluid (clamped the line as per the DIY but when I got in the car I did have to pull the pedal back after I initially stepped on it but seems fine ever since)

Last edited by Togeneral99; 05-31-2013 at 03:08 PM..
(#6780)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-31-2013, 02:57 PM

Don't slip the clutch ......

JB4 G5, DCI, **, IC, Del Cats, Walbro LPFP, Meth
(#6781)
Old

Default 05-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Hmm ok, I attempted more logs without any luck to say what was causing this so I decided I'd try to do this methodically and I pulled off the JB4 and went back to the factory ecu.

"Dead spot" went away.

I think I'm going to put the diodes back on and flash the latest integrated firmware and see if it stays gone then ill know if its the ISO or not.
(#6782)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 05-31-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
1st off...thanks for checking the log out
Yes I do have the 6MT. It's odd it doesn't seem to do it every time but it really seems more pronounced after the car is running for about a minute and it is more prominent in 2nd and 3rd.
I'm going to head out and try to get a couple of logs say coming off a stoplight aggressively and also another log while slipping the clutch and see if I can get it to log consistently

Again thanks for the help

:edit:

Looking at the logs I see what you are saying about the clutch not being fully disengaged until ~460 which seems pretty long for me (been driving a stick for the last 10 years and don't normally slip the clutch) I did just install the BMS clutch valve - could the system need bleeding it didn't lose any fluid (clamped the line as per the DIY but when I got in the car I did have to pull the pedal back after I initially stepped on it but seems fine ever since)
I believe the switch for the clutch position is on the clutch pedal itself so perhaps the pedal is not returning 100% until sometime later?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6783)
Old

Default 05-31-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
I believe the switch for the clutch position is on the clutch pedal itself so perhaps the pedal is not returning 100% until sometime later?
Well that's good to know.

I put the diodes back though and loaded the latest integrated firmware and the car is acting normal again, go figure.
One thing I did notice while i was in there putting the diodes back a couple of the resistors inside aren't the same color (ie the 2 large blue ones shown to the left of the diodes in the picture on page 1 - mine aren't blue and seem to have different colored bands)
Idk maybe my board is an older one and has a hiccup somewhere

But I will say this ANYONE THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE ISO DEFINITELY SHOULD! It is way smoother.

Hopefully I can just get an upgrade board and get this thing to go off without a hitch.

Thanks for the help guys!

4th and 5th gear pull on 93 ctane withLucas Octane booster (timing drop avg went from 4.5 to 3.2)

Last edited by Togeneral99; 05-31-2013 at 08:57 PM..
(#6784)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Well that's good to know.

I put the diodes back though and loaded the latest integrated firmware and the car is acting normal again, go figure.
You're using ISO settings on an integrated board. And, if you need personal tech support use the support section.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#6785)
Old

Default 05-31-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You're using ISO settings on an integrated board. And, if you need personal tech support use the support section.
So there are 2 different boards? I was under the impression that the g5 simply required removing the diodes and changing to the ISO firmware.

New here to the whole jb4 thing, but I've been enjoying it thus far

This is what my board looks like. Thought this was the G5?

Last edited by Togeneral99; 05-31-2013 at 10:42 PM..
(#6786)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 05-31-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
So there are 2 different boards? I was under the impression that the g5 simply required removing the diodes and changing to the ISO firmware.

New here to the whole jb4 thing, but I've been enjoying it thus far
Correct, G4 and G5
(#6787)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-01-2013, 01:30 PM

feature request: would it be possible to have the blinkers flash when timing is backing? would be great to have a direct visual input :-)

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#6788)
Old

Car: 09 '335i X-Drive
Default 06-02-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita
feature request: would it be possible to have the blinkers flash when timing is backing? would be great to have a direct visual input :-)
Use gauge hijacking menu 2-2 or 7-2.
(#6789)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-02-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasorjb
Use gauge hijacking menu 2-2 or 7-2.
thats not what i am looking for. i have already that setup but is difficult to watch it...

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#6790)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 06-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
yep!
Thanks for the help.

Just curious why the new JB4's dont come snipped?

I purchased mine new from Burger a month ago. So I would need to still snip?
(#6791)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-02-2013, 07:51 PM

I was told it does come snipped by mike@n54tuning.
That's what makes the G5 an ISO right?
(#6792)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax
That is correct that the diodes have to be snipped, but you have to be sure that you are running ISO firmware and have G5 ISO selected in in your interface.

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#6793)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax
Some dealers only sell ISO boards, others sell only integrated, so check with the dealer you ordered from. For new JB4s BMS ships integrated as its well proven software vs. ISO which is BETA software. For all upgrade kits we ship ISO. You can request ISO with new JB4s at checkout if you prefer.

Burger Motorsports

(#6794)
Old

Car: 09 e92 335i sport
Default 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM

i just got my jb4 directly from bms about a month ago so is it integrated or iso
(#6795)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2013, 10:58 AM

Probably integrated. When in doubt, check the firmware date. 10/1/12 is integrated. Anything newer is ISO.

Burger Motorsports

(#6796)
Old

Default 06-03-2013, 03:28 PM

my firmware automaticly says g5 iso when i hook up my laptop it said 5/13/13 or something like that whwn i first got it now i did the new update and it says firmware 5/25/13//2
(#6797)
Old

Car: BMW 335 CSI
Default 06-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Just did my Cobb bms flash and installed the 22 file....wow...haven't even had any full pulls yet and what a difference. Feels and sounds better and have not made a single adjustment. Had some crackle and pop in Map 2 switched to map 5 and no more...cant wait to get out on a stretch to do some full pulls and start running straight e85
(#6798)
Old

Default 06-03-2013, 06:00 PM

what iso was u running before? i just got my jb4 about a month ago
and i put the iso22 in today and it sounds a little different but that could be in my head.

i had no codes then i was on a empty stretch of fl tunpike and took it up to 155 and it pulled strog all
the way to the limiter and i dident get and ses or engine lights on but a got a fuel pump plausability code so i dont know
(#6799)
Old

Car: BMW 335 CSI
Default 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunlsone
what iso was u running before? i just got my jb4 about a month ago
and i put the iso22 in today and it sounds a little different but that could be in my head.

i had no codes then i was on a empty stretch of fl tunpike and took it up to 155 and it pulled strog all
the way to the limiter and i dident get and ses or engine lights on but a got a fuel pump plausability code so i dont know
There was not a previous version, just had the diodes clipped the other day when I had the **'s installed, ordered the cobb and got the flash from Terry so this is a brand new fresh install. Terry as expected has been great and a big to Ocean who has helped me to understand a lot as well.

Also just wanted to mention that there is a great and well seasoned BMW guy Demos formerly of The Little Garage who has just opened http://bimmer-motors.com/ I cannot recommend him highly enough. I have been using him for years (have a 745i turbo and hes the only one who has been able to make her right) I am not employed or related just passing on infor, ohhh and FYI he just ordered a valve cleaning machine for all those who have been asking about a NY based provider.
(#6800)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM

hey terry i was wondering if you could post up the Commands sheet as a file and not as a picture. its hard to print and even when modifying the file it comes out a little blurry. Thanks!

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)