N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default Log Review + Issues - Newly Installed Tomioka 19T Turbos - 05-14-2019, 06:44 AM

Looking for a little help from the group. I recently installed the Tomioka 19T twin turbos in my 2008 FBO 135i. Overall the install went really well and the car started right up. It ran a bit funky at first (first few minutes) but that was expected with all the changes we had just made. Took the car out for a couple hours of driving and it ran really well on Map 2 though we were hitting 18PSI.

The next day the car started up fine the first time but the second time it started really rough and the RPMs were all over the place and the car was coming close to stalling out. It seemed to work itself out after a couple of minutes and settle in to a proper idle but the car does not seem to be running 100% right. Lots of exhaust smoke and the exhaust smells worse than normal.

I am getting a couple of codes 2D2E + 2D2B which I have researched and it sounds like I need to adjust menus 10 and 12 for the wastegates. I tried doing that but didn't have much success getting the startup to smooth out. The car actually stalled out on me while I was adjusting things. I do have a couple of logs from yesterday. One is at idle and the other is a proper 3rd gear pull. I will also post my pretty accurate mod list below. I am running the Pump Gas BEF with MHD and using 93 Octane fuel.

Duty Cycle currently all set to (50)

I just updated my Firmware today, so that is not reflected in these logs and I will also be flashing to a newer map revision later today.

Also of note, my vacuum canisters are temporarily disconnected. We had trouble mounting the frame after doing the relocated inlets and were running out of time after a 3 day install so they are not currently hooked up. I do have upgraded ones I have purchased that will be going in.

Lastly, we did install a 3.5bar TMAP along with the wiring adapter. When I switched the settings in JB4 to (1) to account for this, the car started idling even worse and possibly stalled out, don't remember for sure. When I switched that setting back to (0) things got better again.

Idle Chart - *********** | BtzOfBimmerTV | Log 1557840995

3rd Gear Pull - *********** | BtzOfBimmerTV | Log 1557840995

Mod List
2008 135i M Package / 6 Speed Manual / Monaco Blue / Coral Red Leather
MHD Backend Flash
JB4 w/ Wireless and 2 Step Modules
M1 Style front bumper
Tomioka Racing 19T Upgraded Turbos
VRSF 7" FMIC
VRSF 2" Relocated Inlets
VRSF 2" Outlets (not currently installed, wrong part arrived, stock outlets)
VRSF Charge Pipe
AR ******* Down *****
Electronic Exhaust Cutout
Tial Blow Off Valve
Koni Shocks/Struts w/ Eibach Springs
Black Gloss Grills w/ German Flag Stripes
Custom Roundels
Custom Air Intake Scoops
MFactory Single Mass Flywheel
335is Clutch Kit
Custom Red LED Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Deck Spoiler, Front Lip, Winglets, Diffusor and Eyebrows
LUX LED Angel Eyes
Carbon Fiber Pedals and E-Brake Handle
Burger Motorsports Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
RB Turbo PCV Externalization Kit
Precision Raceworks Stage 2 Fuel Pump
Burger Motorsports Short Shift Kit
VMR Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 4s
18x8.5 ET45 225/40/18 & 18x9.5 ET58 265/35/18
Custom Painted Super Loud Horns
Custom Painted Engine Bay
M3 Front Control Arms
Red & Black Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors
Precision Raceworks Coil Packs
Burger Motorsports Differential Lockdown Bracket
Train Horn
Lines Racing Upgraded Oil Cooler w/ AN Lines
Custom Matching Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
Custom Matching Shift Boot, E-Brake Boot and Armrest Cover
NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs (Not installed yet)
RB Turbo Upgraded Turbo Oil Drain Lines
Stett Racing Billet Vacuum Canisters (Not installed yet)
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 12_38_08.csv (20.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 14_27_58.csv (10.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Chunky Osiris; 05-14-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-14-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Looking for a little help from the group. I recently installed the Tomioka 19T twin turbos in my 2008 FBO 135i. Overall the install went really well and the car started right up. It ran a bit funky at first (first few minutes) but that was expected with all the changes we had just made. Took the car out for a couple hours of driving and it ran really well on Map 2 though we were hitting 18PSI.

The next day the car started up fine the first time but the second time it started really rough and the RPMs were all over the place and the car was coming close to stalling out. It seemed to work itself out after a couple of minutes and settle in to a proper idle but the car does not seem to be running 100% right. Lots of exhaust smoke and the exhaust smells worse than normal.

I am getting a couple of codes 2D2E + 2D2B which I have researched and it sounds like I need to adjust menus 10 and 12 for the wastegates. I tried doing that but didn't have much success getting the startup to smooth out. The car actually stalled out on me while I was adjusting things. I do have a couple of logs from yesterday. One is at idle and the other is a proper 3rd gear pull. I will also post my pretty accurate mod list below. I am running the Pump Gas BEF with MHD and using 93 Octane fuel.

Duty Cycle currently all set to (50)

Also of note, my vacuum canisters are temporarily disconnected. We had trouble mounting the frame after doing the relocated inlets and were running out of time after a 3 day install so they are not currently hooked up. I do have upgraded ones I have purchased that will be going in.

Lastly, we did install a 3.5bar TMAP along with the wiring adapter. When I switched the settings in JB4 to (1) to account for this, the car started idling even worse and possibly stalled out, don't remember for sure. When I switched that setting back to (0) things got better again.

Idle Chart - *********** | BtzOfBimmerTV | Log 1557840995

3rd Gear Pull - *********** | BtzOfBimmerTV | Log 1557840995

Mod List
2008 135i M Package / 6 Speed Manual / Monaco Blue / Coral Red Leather
MHD Backend Flash
JB4 w/ Wireless and 2 Step Modules
M1 Style front bumper
Tomioka Racing 19T Upgraded Turbos
VRSF 7" FMIC
VRSF 2" Relocated Inlets
VRSF 2" Outlets (not currently installed, wrong part arrived, stock outlets)
VRSF Charge Pipe
AR ******* Down *****
Electronic Exhaust Cutout
Tial Blow Off Valve
Koni Shocks/Struts w/ Eibach Springs
Black Gloss Grills w/ German Flag Stripes
Custom Roundels
Custom Air Intake Scoops
MFactory Single Mass Flywheel
335is Clutch Kit
Custom Red LED Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Deck Spoiler, Front Lip, Winglets, Diffusor and Eyebrows
LUX LED Angel Eyes
Carbon Fiber Pedals and E-Brake Handle
Burger Motorsports Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
RB Turbo PCV Externalization Kit
Precision Raceworks Stage 2 Fuel Pump
Burger Motorsports Short Shift Kit
VMR Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 4s
18x8.5 ET45 225/40/18 & 18x9.5 ET58 265/35/18
Custom Painted Super Loud Horns
Custom Painted Engine Bay
M3 Front Control Arms
Red & Black Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors
Precision Raceworks Coil Packs
Burger Motorsports Differential Lockdown Bracket
Train Horn
Lines Racing Upgraded Oil Cooler w/ AN Lines
Custom Matching Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
Custom Matching Shift Boot, E-Brake Boot and Armrest Cover
NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs (Not installed yet)
RB Turbo Upgraded Turbo Oil Drain Lines
Stett Racing Billet Vacuum Canisters (Not installed yet)
Hey-

Can you just upload the CSVs direct ? Thanks!



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey-

Can you just upload the CSVs direct ? Thanks!
All set
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 12_38_08.csv (20.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 14_27_58.csv (10.8 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-14-2019, 10:59 PM

A couple things that initially jump out.

Timing correction galore on the WOT log

What fuel?
What plugs are currently installed?

In terms of the n20- do you have the n20 option checked via MHD? If yes, deselect, set JB4 option to “1” & reflash

Then relog map 1 or 2

You’ll want to get those vac cans hooked back up too



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-15-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
A couple things that initially jump out.

Timing correction galore on the WOT log

What fuel?
What plugs are currently installed?

In terms of the n20- do you have the n20 option checked via MHD? If yes, deselect, set JB4 option to 1 & reflash

Then relog map 1 or 2

Youll want to get those vac cans hooked back up too
So I sent these logs to my buddy that does 99% of the work on the car as well and he noticed it looks like I have a bad O2 sensor or something is backwards/loose on one of them from the turbo install. It would explain a lot of things! I did just have an injector fail as well I'm pretty sure which could have fouled it (replaced before logs taken). All index 12 injectors with brand new one on cylinder 5. Both O2 sensors are new, within the last year.

Fuel - Shell 93

Plugs - 99% sure they are Bosch right now. I have been chasing a misfire for quite some time so I've tried quite a few things. I have NGK 2 Step Colder plugs ready to go in that will be gapped to .22.

N20 TMAP - I do not have it checked in MHD and I also do not have it set to (1) in JB4 right now because when I switched that setting in the JB4 from (0) to (1), things got even worse. When I went back to (0) it returned to how it was before. This likely also has to do with the O2 sensor. Once I get that sorted I can mess with the N20 parameter again.

Vac Cans - As far as I know these are really only needed at high altitude. I have every intention of putting them back in as I bought nice ones from Stett Racing. We were running out of time on the final install day and just needed to bypass them temporarily.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-15-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
So I sent these logs to my buddy that does 99% of the work on the car as well and he noticed it looks like I have a bad O2 sensor or something is backwards/loose on one of them from the turbo install. It would explain a lot of things! I did just have an injector fail as well I'm pretty sure which could have fouled it (replaced before logs taken). All index 12 injectors with brand new one on cylinder 5. Both O2 sensors are new, within the last year.

Fuel - Shell 93

Plugs - 99% sure they are Bosch right now. I have been chasing a misfire for quite some time so I've tried quite a few things. I have NGK 2 Step Colder plugs ready to go in that will be gapped to .22.

N20 TMAP - I do not have it checked in MHD and I also do not have it set to (1) in JB4 right now because when I switched that setting in the JB4 from (0) to (1), things got even worse. When I went back to (0) it returned to how it was before. This likely also has to do with the O2 sensor. Once I get that sorted I can mess with the N20 parameter again.

Vac Cans - As far as I know these are really only needed at high altitude. I have every intention of putting them back in as I bought nice ones from Stett Racing. We were running out of time on the final install day and just needed to bypass them temporarily.
Inspect the O2s & lets go from there



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-16-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Inspect the O2s & lets go from there
Ok so it was the 3.5 TMap. I'm not sure why the car was hating it but when we switched back to the stock one, everything went back to normal. I ordered it from Burger along with the adapter harness. My car is a 135i, not sure if that makes a difference. Seems to more often than it should with parts.

When I switched the settings in JB4 to account for the 3.5, the idle seemed to be fine but throttle response was super delayed. Like a second or two. The car also stalled out on me. This was last night when I tried again to get it to work/cooperate.

Swapped in the 2 step colder NGKs gapped to .022 last night as well. I will get some pulls in and logged in the next few days and post them here.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Ok so it was the 3.5 TMap. I'm not sure why the car was hating it but when we switched back to the stock one, everything went back to normal. I ordered it from Burger along with the adapter harness. My car is a 135i, not sure if that makes a difference. Seems to more often than it should with parts.

When I switched the settings in JB4 to account for the 3.5, the idle seemed to be fine but throttle response was super delayed. Like a second or two. The car also stalled out on me. This was last night when I tried again to get it to work/cooperate.

Swapped in the 2 step colder NGKs gapped to .022 last night as well. I will get some pulls in and logged in the next few days and post them here.
Odd- we dont ever really have any issues with our 3.5 adapter harness...

Usually the errors / issues associated with the 3.5 bar is usually end users have the n20 box checked in MHD when the flash the BEF & change their user settings on the JB4 side.

Lets see some logs & evaluate ..



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-17-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Odd- we don’t ever really have any issues with our 3.5 adapter harness...

Usually the errors / issues associated with the 3.5 bar is usually end users have the n20 box checked in MHD when the flash the BEF & change their user settings on the JB4 side.

Let’s see some logs & evaluate ..
This car loves to fight me. SO many things that should be easy like switching the TMap end up giving me problems. I definitely do not have it checked off in MHD. Going on a cruise to FCP Euro on Sunday so I will have plenty of chance to get some logs in if I don't before then. Thanks for your help and I'll post logs when I have them (y)
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-17-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
This car loves to fight me. SO many things that should be easy like switching the TMap end up giving me problems. I definitely do not have it checked off in MHD. Going on a cruise to FCP Euro on Sunday so I will have plenty of chance to get some logs in if I don't before then. Thanks for your help and I'll post logs when I have them (y)
Sounds good to me!

#n54life



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-22-2019, 09:34 AM

Got a good log in this morning. 3rd gear from 2k-6500 approx.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-22 11_07_46.csv (11.9 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-22-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Sounds good to me!

#n54life
New log from today posted above.
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-22-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Got a good log in this morning. 3rd gear from 2k-6500 approx.
Hey this looks pretty decent

Keep an eye on the LPFP - dips into the 50s at the end of the Pull.

Car looks like it wants more- just need to make sure your fueling stays happy



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 05-22-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey this looks pretty decent

Keep an eye on the LPFP - dips into the 50s at the end of the Pull.

Car looks like it wants more- just need to make sure your fueling stays happy
Awesome, that's good news! We know we need to add a 2nd 450 in the near future.

I'm off to Cali for Bimmerfest tomorrow morning so won't be able to do any more logging till I get back. If you're going to be there, look for the dude with the Mohawk rocking a Bimmer TV shirt
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-23-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Awesome, that's good news! We know we need to add a 2nd 450 in the near future.

I'm off to Cali for Bimmerfest tomorrow morning so won't be able to do any more logging till I get back. If you're going to be there, look for the dude with the Mohawk rocking a Bimmer TV shirt


Have fun!



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-07-2019, 06:21 AM

Three new logs here from yesterday. Using Map 2. Overall she is running great and I am getting zero codes (except for ***-less ********* of course) but she is kicking into safe map on me around 6500/7000 RPMs 3rd gear WOT. It did not happen on these logs unfortunately.

I also setup Map 6 with the suggested settings on the hybrid turbo page and that map is doing the same thing as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Side note. I still do not have the 3.5 bar Tmap installed as that was giving us issues when I first installed it. Not sure if that might have something to do with it. I'll prob try getting it to work again this weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-06 20_18_08.csv (11.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-06 20_02_15.csv (13.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-06 19_56_44.csv (13.6 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-07-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!


Have fun!
New logs posted above. :D
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-07-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
New logs posted above. :D
LPFP looks to be struggling & some timing corrections.

Lower your duty bias by 5 from 5k to redline- that should get you closer to target up top



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-08-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
LPFP looks to be struggling & some timing corrections.

Lower your duty bias by 5 from 5k to redline- that should get you closer to target up top
Yeah we felt like it looks as if the LPFP is struggling a bit as well. Does that make sense with PR Stage 2 (Walboro 450)? Time to go stage 3 then?

I can adjust duty bias for Map 2? These logs were all done on Map 2.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-08-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Yeah we felt like it looks as if the LPFP is struggling a bit as well. Does that make sense with PR Stage 2 (Walboro 450)? Time to go stage 3 then?

I can adjust duty bias for Map 2? These logs were all done on Map 2.
You should NOT need a stage 3 for your setup.... Id contact PR

Yes to the duty bias



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#21)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-09-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You should NOT need a stage 3 for your setup.... Id contact PR

Yes to the duty bias
Ok awesome. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You should NOT need a stage 3 for your setup.... Id contact PR

Yes to the duty bias
I'm going to contact PR in the next day or two.

We adjusted Duty Bias down by 5, so to 45, from 5k RPM to redline. Still kicked into safe map on me the first good pull I did in Map 2. Top of 3rd gear around 6500 RPM. I don't think that log is here but I do have 3 more. I'm pretty sure all 3 of these were in Map 5.

Side Note: I just realized that when I setup the Map 6 settings last week, it wasn't actually saving for me. I did it right this weekend and it saved when I adjusted the DB down by 5 but that was just the default settings I now just realized! I will adjust the rest of it today.

We also put the 3.5bar TMap back in yesterday and the car hated it. Threw a CEL and runs terrible. I changed the setting in User Adjustments to (1) within JB4 and did not check off 3.5 in MHD. I have a couple video clips of how it was running if you'd like me to post them.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-09 20_42_31.csv (7.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-09 20_34_42.csv (17.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-09 20_17_31.csv (17.8 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Do you have the adapter to?

The car shouldn’t hate the 3.5 bar- really odd



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
Chunky Osiris's Avatar
Chunky Osiris Chunky Osiris is offline
1Lover
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2008 135i MSport PPK - FBO - MHD Tune
Send a message via Skype™ to Chunky Osiris
Default 06-10-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Do you have the adapter to?

The car shouldnt hate the 3.5 bar- really odd
Yes I have the adapter and 3.5TMap from BMS. I have a friend with the 3.5 not installed yet, we're going to try that one on Sunday. My car is a 2008 N54 135i.
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 4,478
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Osiris
Yes I have the adapter and 3.5TMap from BMS. I have a friend with the 3.5 not installed yet, we're going to try that one on Sunday. My car is a 2008 N54 135i.
Ok keep us posted



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com