N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 340i RWD
Default HCP Backend Flash for JB4 for B58? - 02-04-2019, 05:47 PM

Saw this on the HCPerformance's instagram account. They now offer back end tunes for the JB4 for the B58 engine.

See this Instagram photo by @hc.performance: HCPerformance on Instagram: “B58 backend flashes available ! #Repost @wrenchstudios with @get_repost ・・・ @panda340i remotely flashed for @mitchellmorson with our Most…”

What exactly would be the gain for doing this?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Yes we have a few JB4 B58 customers running flash maps now, nice improvement over stock, although I'm not sure they are all 100% where I want them yet. But they will get there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 04:11 AM

How is this different from the JB4 piggyback, though? Are these tunes that compliment JB4 and used in conjunction, or are they just flash tunes that replace the JB4 all together?
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-05-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3vr6
How is this different from the JB4 piggyback, though? Are these tunes that compliment JB4 and used in conjunction, or are they just flash tunes that replace the JB4 all together?

They compliment it. They help control some of the things that the jb4 can't coax the ECU to do in regards to fueling while the jb4 continues to control boost and give you the ability to make on the fly map adjustments etc.

2017 340i M Sport. JB4
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 02-05-2019, 10:48 AM

It's better if you wait for MHD since new maps will be made based off their back-end flash.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#6)
Old

Car: 340i Xdrive
Default 02-05-2019, 11:06 AM

I got the HCP flash via Wrench studios in England. Really pleased so far. I'm running a e30-e40 mix with x98 in the tank. Trims look good. The car feels an animal at 60 add. So glad i went down the route of BEF with JB4 vs flash tune with mission. I need to get a 0 map log to terry to look at but so far so good.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

2016 340 xdrive - JB4 - Dinan Midpipe - Dinan Muffler - Dinan Shockware - PS2 - BMS methkit - Dual DO7 nozzles - HCP BEF

Last edited by panda340i; 02-05-2019 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: added link
(#7)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda340i
I got the HCP flash via Wrench studios in England. Really pleased so far. I'm running a e30-e40 mix with x98 in the tank. Trims look good. The car feels an animal at 60 add. So glad i went down the route of BEF with JB4 vs flash tune with mission. I need to get a 0 map log to terry to look at but so far so good.

60 additive! Do you know how much boost your hitting? Target/Actual

(#8)
Old

Car: 340i Xdrive
Default 02-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Its targeting 23-24 and im hitting it. Did see the link to my facebook post with the log. Not sure how to attach pictures on here

2016 340 xdrive - JB4 - Dinan Midpipe - Dinan Muffler - Dinan Shockware - PS2 - BMS methkit - Dual DO7 nozzles - HCP BEF
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3vr6
The flash maps remove some of the limiters in the ECU and get the tuning close to where we want it, and the JB4 handles the rest including setting the final boost target, fine tuning, features, logging, safety systems, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 02-07-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The flash maps remove some of the limiters in the ECU and get the tuning close to where we want it, and the JB4 handles the rest including setting the final boost target, fine tuning, features, logging, safety systems, etc.
So on a B58, what additional gains would you get with the backend flash installed with a jb4?
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Depends on your fuel, how aggressively you want to push the tuning, and what was changed exactly in the BEF. A good flash will raise the fuel limiters so you don't get a wobbling boost target and/or throttle closure at higher boost targets.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 02-11-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Depends on your fuel, how aggressively you want to push the tuning, and what was changed exactly in the BEF. A good flash will raise the fuel limiters so you don't get a wobbling boost target and/or throttle closure at higher boost targets.
Will we need to purchase anything else or just hook the laptop up to the jb4 and install the flash?
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Most people use the JB4 mobile adapter for logging via the JB4, but data cable and laptop works too.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-11-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Will we need to purchase anything else or just hook the laptop up to the jb4 and install the flash?
The backend flash will go through the MHD tool so you'll need a cable and the app/license on your phone. Don't know all the details of cost or anything however.

2017 340i M Sport. JB4
(#15)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 02-23-2019, 04:58 PM

I was just on the MHD web site. There’s still nothing on the B58 release. Any idea how much longer?
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2019, 05:34 PM

We have the BETA software and are starting to play with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Is it true we need a android device for the mhd tune? Or we can still do everything through a laptop
(#18)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
B00st!!!

(#19)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 02-24-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Any plans for B48 BEF?
(#20)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 02-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
This. ^^^^^^^^

Pretty big update/news!

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#21)
Old

Default 03-02-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:

How is it going with the beta software
(#22)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 03-02-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Is it true we need a android device for the mhd tune? Or we can still do everything through a laptop
Android only for now: f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1583722

You will need the K+D-CAN cable, an Android device, and a purchased MHD license from the Google Play store to install any MHD-based flash maps. I am sure BMS will release instructions, but typically you flash MHD Stage 0 using your Android device and the cable, then flash the BMS BEF map using the same MHD/Android.

Beyond that, wait for BMS instructions in terms of what to do with the JB4 app & which JB4 maps to use specifically for the B58 BEF.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#23)
Old
Jay1312

Car: BMW 320i and M5
Default 03-26-2019, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda340i

Where are you getting the ethanol E30 from in the UK and secondly are the fuel lines safe running E30 consistently from the tank?
(#24)
Old

Car: 340i M-Sport
Default 03-26-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1312
Where are you getting the ethanol E30 from in the UK and secondly are the fuel lines safe running E30 consistently from the tank?
People are running full e85 on stock fuel system.

340i 8AT DME Stage 2 | JB4 | AP Intake | ER ** | Meisterschaft GTC | Ohlins R&T | Ground Control Camber Plates | MP LSD | 437M | RE-71R
(#25)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 04-17-2019, 02:48 AM

How will the BMS BEF compare to the HCP flash already available?

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA