N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 02-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes I just don't know. You'd have to try it. On the BMS setup we put the filter before the solenoid, as it's just as much of a risk point for clogging as the nozzles are.
FYI, it doesn't fit. The thread is the same but the filter on the Snow nozzle is too long and doesn't thread all the way in, not enough clearance inside the adapter.

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Good to know for posterity. We have full kits and components on our site as needed to cobble it together for you.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM

Hey Terry,

Any thoughts about dumping in a booster like this into the WMI mix?

HIGH HORSEPOWER NITRO BOOSTER™ ADDITIVE

Nitro Booster Water Methanol Additive | SNO-40007 | Snow Performance
(#29)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 03-21-2019, 06:48 AM

Can some one let me know exactly which fuse they used to get the switched power source? Is a fuse tap needed? I want to make sure I have everything before doing the install.
(#30)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 05-10-2019, 08:11 AM

I've noticed when the WMI isn't used for a while, the boost juice tends to "leak back" or backflow to the point where there's 2-3 inches of air between the fluid and the injector. Normal? Something hooked up wrong allowing air in?
I always purge it back to normal first, is that necessary?
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgascho
I've noticed when the WMI isn't used for a while, the boost juice tends to "leak back" or backflow to the point where there's 2-3 inches of air between the fluid and the injector. Normal? Something hooked up wrong allowing air in?
I always purge it back to normal first, is that necessary?
Completely normal. One purge is fine before doing runs just to be safe.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-10-2019, 11:36 AM

For those with IAT wires.

I looked and could not find the install. Does anyone have pics of where it gets installed.

Also what needs to be enable on the JB4 to run it.

I have WMI, thanks everyone.
(#33)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 11:40 AM

The Teflon paste is only needed on the threaded fittings correct? The fitting that go to the line just push in? How do I know the filter is in the correct position. What about the wire on the filter is that just a ground?
(#34)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStung2
The Teflon paste is only needed on the threaded fittings correct? The fitting that go to the line just push in? How do I know the filter is in the correct position. What about the wire on the filter is that just a ground?
Yes the paste is just for the threaded fittings.

Yes the hose just pushes in.

The filter has an arrow on it that indicates the direction of flow.

One of the black wires is for ground. The other black wire attaches to the FSB green connection.
(#35)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe99999
Yes the paste is just for the threaded fittings.

Yes the hose just pushes in.

The filter has an arrow on it that indicates the direction of flow.

One of the black wires is for ground. The other black wire attaches to the FSB green connection.
Thank You!

Did you have to solder anything ?

The hose pushed in do you need to tighten the nut ?
(#36)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Thank You!

Did you have to solder anything ?

The hose pushed in do you need to tighten the nut ?
No I didn't solder anything.

You take the fitting apart, slide the plastic piece over the hose, push the hose onto the metal piece then tighten down. It's kind of hard to explain with words. Take a look at this video. Just fast forward to 10:48. It will give you a good idea of what I am failing at explaining with words.

How To Connect A Water Line To Your Refrigerator (+Tips Tricks) | GOT2LEARN - YouTube
(#37)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
No I didn't solder anything.

You take the fitting apart, slide the plastic piece over the hose, push the hose onto the metal piece then tighten down. It's kind of hard to explain with words. Take a look at this video. Just fast forward to 10:48. It will give you a good idea of what I am failing at explaining with words.

How To Connect A Water Line To Your Refrigerator (+Tips Tricks) | GOT2LEARN - YouTube
Thank You
(#38)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Good to know for posterity. We have full kits and components on our site as needed to cobble it together for you.

I looked and could not find the install. Does anyone have pics of where it gets installed.

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:

The optional IAT wire goes in as shown. We'll advise on settings for it once we see logs but a normal starting setting is 6cyl timing = 30 for a mild IAT increase.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
The optional IAT wire goes in as shown. We'll advise on settings for it once we see logs but a normal starting setting is 6cyl timing = 30 for a mild IAT increase.
Thank You!

Do I need to enable bit 3 on fud options?

What does the 30 value do? What would decreasing the value to 20 or 10 do? Just curious.

Do I Leave this on only when using meth or all the time?
(#41)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 05-11-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Start with boost juice 49/51 mix as it's really easy. Then you can evaluate down the road. you'll make more power with a stronger mix but it's harder to source.
Luckily for me I live a few miles away from Torco. They sell 99.95% Pure Methanol for about $4/gal, so it's super cheap to mix up a bottle with some distilled water.
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Thank You!

Do I need to enable bit 3 on fud options?
No.

Quote:
What does the 30 value do? What would decreasing the value to 20 or 10 do? Just curious.

Do I Leave this on only when using meth or all the time?
[/quote]

Lower values make IAT higher and higher values make IAT lower. If it's set wrong you'll have tuning problems so best to just follow whatever we suggest for it unless you're experienced at reading your logs and making your own tuning changes.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 05-12-2019, 10:47 AM

How do you recommend that we tap the 1-Gallon Tank? I wasn't expecting it to come in without a fitting attached to it already, since the kit purchased was application specific. Thanks!
(#44)
Old

Car: gt2
Default 05-13-2019, 12:57 PM

Hi Terry Im doing the DIY conical filter thingy and since I want WMI,but want to mount the pump in front. I think by either removing the intake box on passengers side or trimming the intake box I can mount the WMI pump inside the intake box ,or on the fender well... of course the pump will be mounted on a base first.....the question is....can you show me where to pick up the electrical connections in the front of the car...since all of your install directions are for the trunk? thanks Wash
(#45)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-13-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostevo
How do you recommend that we tap the 1-Gallon Tank? I wasn't expecting it to come in without a fitting attached to it already, since the kit purchased was application specific. Thanks!
Something like this:

Drill and tap

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Smile 05-13-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostevo
Psykostevo lemme help ya....yes we both know you cant tap a plastic wall only a 1/4 inch thick at best......so what you need is a miniature thru bulkhead fitting here ya go sumthin like this will make a nice no leak fitting for your tank

1/8" Body x 1/4" Hose Barb Bulkhead Unvalved Nipple | U.S. Plastic Corp.

3/8 bulkhead | U.S. Plastic Corp.
......check some of these too

looky looky here 90 degree elbow swivel 5/32" Tube OD x 1/4" MNPTF Super Speedfit® Male Swivel Elbow Tube Fitting | U.S. Plastic Corp.

now im cookin pushtubing thru the bulkhead.....easy peasy 3/8" Black PP Bulkhead Union | U.S. Plastic Corp.

another company https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...nion-1-4-x-1-4

Last edited by washguy; 05-13-2019 at 09:47 PM..
(#47)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washguy
Psykostevo lemme help ya....yes we both know you cant tap a plastic wall only a 1/4 inch thick at best......so what you need is a miniature thru bulkhead fitting here ya go sumthin like this will make a nice no leak fitting for your tank

3/8 bulkhead | U.S. Plastic Corp.
......check some of these too

looky looky here 90 degree elbow swivel 5/32" Tube OD x 1/4" MNPTF Super Speedfit® Male Swivel Elbow Tube Fitting | U.S. Plastic Corp.

now im cookin pushtubing thru the bulkhead.....easy peasy 3/8" Black PP Bulkhead Union | U.S. Plastic Corp.

another company https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...nion-1-4-x-1-4

This one states Pressure Range: 0-145 psi. The pump says 200psi.

Does anyone who has used this tank have any pictures or can they explain how they went about tapping the tank and the fitting they used?
(#48)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-14-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
This one states Pressure Range: 0-145 psi. The pump says 200psi.

Does anyone who has used this tank have any pictures or can they explain how they went about tapping the tank and the fitting they used?
I posted a link, here it is again

Buy the Century Drill Tool 93201 1/8-27npt 21/64in. Combo | Hardware World

Use that to drill, then tap. Then you install the 1/8NPT to 1/4 compression fitting we provided.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I posted a link, here it is again

Buy the Century Drill Tool 93201 1/8-27npt 21/64in. Combo | Hardware World

Use that to drill, then tap. Then you install the 1/8NPT to 1/4 compression fitting we provided.
I saw that. The plastic is so thin will that hold tightly? It doesn't seem like there will be much to thread into.
(#50)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 03:00 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....15yPp-hvHL.jpg

use one like this for the tank.... use some E600 sealant on threads ...........Wash

Last edited by washguy; 05-14-2019 at 03:06 PM..