N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe MT
Default Anticipated Log Review For Many - DAW Stage 4 - 04-29-2020, 01:50 PM

I know few people in the community have used these turbos, or even seen logs.

PI will be added this weekend, as well as a log.

Going to need some expert help when dialing these in.
I guess we'll see what they can do

2007 e92 335i 6MT -- DAW Stage 4 Turbos -- AD Engineering Port Injection -- VRSF Down Ps -- BMS DCI -- VRSF Inlets -- VRSF Aluminum Outlets -- 7" FMIC -- LSD -- 335is Clutch -- BMS STS -- Stage 2 Bucketless -- n20 Tmap -- Custom 3.5" Single Exit Exhaust
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 04-30-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo585
I know few people in the community have used these turbos, or even seen logs.

PI will be added this weekend, as well as a log.

Going to need some expert help when dialing these in.
I guess we'll see what they can do

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-03-2020, 02:49 PM

The logs are short i know, didn't have the best weather and I need to find a better stretch of road now!

PI seems to be working fine, Fuel is e82.

Plugs are .020 and 1 step colder.

Do you recommend going 2 steps colder and gapping .018 to clean up some of the timing corrections? I may as well look into upgraded coil as well, probably the bimmerlife set.

Do my trims look wonky to you? I have not looked at to many PI logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 2.csv (7.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv short map 7 cyl 5 noise.csv (5.8 KB, 11 views)

2007 e92 335i 6MT -- DAW Stage 4 Turbos -- AD Engineering Port Injection -- VRSF Down Ps -- BMS DCI -- VRSF Inlets -- VRSF Aluminum Outlets -- 7" FMIC -- LSD -- 335is Clutch -- BMS STS -- Stage 2 Bucketless -- n20 Tmap -- Custom 3.5" Single Exit Exhaust
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-03-2020, 03:05 PM

I prefer the 2 step colder @ .018 to .020

Wouldn’t waste the $ on expensive coils (personal opinion)- the Eldor seem to work fine & weve seen many guys go upgraded coils only to come back to stock ones.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 05:09 AM

Perfect, I will start there and see if that cleans up some of the timing.

Besides that does anything stand out to you? I know the logs are short, ill try to get a full one this week.

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-04-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Perfect, I will start there and see if that cleans up some of the timing.

Besides that does anything stand out to you? I know the logs are short, ill try to get a full one this week.
Get me a bit longer log

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 08:43 PM

Here’s map 7

Let me know what you think.

Few questions for you.
What is the common AvgIGN when running full E85?
And do I need to pull back my fuel duty in the RPM ranges that my trims are low?

Thanks again for all your help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-05-09 19_57_42_Map-7.csv (7.8 KB, 17 views)

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-10-2020, 08:50 AM

For full e85, ave_ign, lower the better

Which flash are you using right now?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 05-10-2020, 09:07 AM

I’m using the E85 PI BEF
Just put in n20 plugs gapped to .020 before that log

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-10-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Iím using the E85 PI BEF
Just put in n20 plugs gapped to .020 before that log
Okay, thatís what it looked like, just wanted to confirm.

Bring that plug gap down to .018

We can bump things up a bit if you want

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 05-10-2020, 09:44 AM

What psi you thinkin

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-11-2020, 09:37 AM

I like to work up incrementally- we could try targeting 20-21 in map 6 & go from there

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 09:57 AM

Do I just enter 21 across the board?

Or do I go off the same boost "scaling" as the Hybrid Turbo setup, and keeping 21PSI as the highest boost? if that makes sense..

(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-11-2020, 09:58 AM

Whatever you are more comfortable with.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 12:40 PM

What is the main difference?

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-11-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
What is the main difference?
If it were me Iíd scale, but Iíve died in plenty of setups with a flat curve

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 05:07 AM

Died?

I'll have a log up when it stops raining.

Also, should I be looking into upgraded DV's with these boost levels? Or just wait until they leak?

Last edited by Stevo585; 05-12-2020 at 05:14 AM..
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-13-2020, 06:22 AM

Dialed* not died

Yes to upgraded dv

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 05-22-2020, 04:43 PM

Went with Turbosmart.

I was over boosting on spool up, so I lowered menu 12 and that seemed to work.

Last edited by Stevo585; 05-26-2020 at 05:51 AM..
(#20)
Old

Default 05-29-2020, 11:19 AM

I'm going to have that 21Psi log up tomorrow, finally the rain is stopping.

(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Yesterday, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I'm going to have that 21Psi log up tomorrow, finally the rain is stopping.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Here ya go!

Compared to one other log I saw with these turbos my wgdc seems kind of high.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-05-30 19_26_36_Map-6.csv (7.9 KB, 3 views)

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Yesterday, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Here ya go!

Compared to one other log I saw with these turbos my wgdc seems kind of high.
Definitely can turn it up if you want.

Burger Motorsports