N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default REV3 Connect Kit and JB4 iOS app connection problems. - 06-15-2018, 05:51 PM

So I just purchased and installed the JB4, REV3 smartphone/bluetooth Connect Kit and the JB4 app for iOS. Installation went smooth, but when I try and hit connect on the JB4 mobile app, it says "Error - Please go to the settings page and select your kit revision before connecting." ....well, per the latest update as of less than 24 hours ago in the App Store, it says the connection type and engine type selections have been removed. So is there a bug in the new update that's not letting me connect?

Also, even though I know you're not supposed to connect using the Bluetooth settings of your phone, shouldn't you be able to see the Bluetooth signal?, b/c it does not show for me. (I confirmed 12+ volts on the Connect Kit just in case) Any help would be appreciated.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoDHS
So I just purchased and installed the JB4, REV3 smartphone/bluetooth Connect Kit and the JB4 app for iOS. Installation went smooth, but when I try and hit connect on the JB4 mobile app, it says "Error - Please go to the settings page and select your kit revision before connecting." ....well, per the latest update as of less than 24 hours ago in the App Store, it says the connection type and engine type selections have been removed. So is there a bug in the new update that's not letting me connect?

Also, even though I know you're not supposed to connect using the Bluetooth settings of your phone, shouldn't you be able to see the Bluetooth signal?, b/c it does not show for me. (I confirmed 12+ volts on the Connect Kit just in case) Any help would be appreciated.
Picture of your Rev 3 kit?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 05:12 PM

I actually received a response from Donnie via email now. Seems the iOS update for the JB4 app had a few more things to be done by the developer, & Apple, so he sent me a temporary fix that allowed me to connect until things got worked out and updated. Thanks.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-19-2018, 08:04 AM

Awesome! Glad it was an easy fix.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: Mini F57 JCW
Default 06-19-2018, 10:57 AM

Halllo,
for 3 days I have installed the JB4 beta on my Mini JCW Facelift.

I have the same Problems like "Nismo DHS", I canīt connect with Bluetooth on my iPhone X
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-19-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesseldorfer1
Halllo,
for 3 days I have installed the JB4 beta on my Mini JCW Facelift.

I have the same Problems like "Nismo DHS", I canīt connect with Bluetooth on my iPhone X
What comes up when you try and connect?

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 06-20-2018, 01:18 AM

It says "Error - Please go to the settings page and select your kit revision before connecting."
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-20-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
It says "Error - Please go to the settings page and select your kit revision before connecting."
Select rev 3 kit.

Enter your car/engine it will be used for.

Register then login.

Should be good to go!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-21-2018, 08:14 AM

Thank you, it works now
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-21-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Thank you, it works now
Awesome!

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: F56 JCW
Default 04-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Hey, I bought second hand from @duesseldorfer1 (2 posts ago he asked almost the same..) and I cant connect to the JB4.

Does it need to be unlocked or something? I can‘t find the button in the settings to select rev3..

Thanks.