N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1701)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicGT2
I am running 91 with Denso plugs at .022" and Map 2. Just wanted to get these logs looked at. Thank you!
Looks as expected to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1702)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 02-16-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks as expected to me.
Ok thank you. Just wanted to make sure there were no issues because of 91 in place of 93.
(#1703)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 10:14 PM

Yes I can tell it's 91 based on the log. But it's safe for use and should be pulling stronger than on map1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1704)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 02-16-2019, 11:38 PM

It pulls like a damn freight train! I love it. Thanks for make a great product.

Is this map safe for sustained long high speed runs? And should I log again when AZ temps get much hotter?
(#1705)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 10:26 AM

Let's look at the tuning again when it heats up for sure!

Burger Motorsports

(#1706)
Old

Car: 2018 stinger GT
Default 02-17-2019, 10:34 AM

Hey terry I had started a thread on the stinger forum about some weird limp on my stinger at exactly 94mph on map 3 or high, had it happen on a run on map2, did it first pull, not second. Attached a log of map 3 as well. Let me know. 18 rwd, cai, 30-35 percent e85 in tank and plugs at .22.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map2cutoutat90mph.csv (6.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv map2nocutout.csv (7.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv map3cutout.csv (5.5 KB, 7 views)
(#1707)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonigel
Hey terry I had started a thread on the stinger forum about some weird limp on my stinger at exactly 94mph on map 3 or high, had it happen on a run on map2, did it first pull, not second. Attached a log of map 3 as well. Let me know. 18 rwd, cai, 30-35 percent e85 in tank and plugs at .22.
Yes I see the problem, fuel pressure tanking!

Less boost and/or less E85.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1708)
Old

Car: 2018 stinger GT
Default 02-17-2019, 11:05 AM

Okay I will try putting more pump gas in to see if that helps, if not, does that mean I have to pretty much lower boost up top on any map above 3?
(#1709)
Old

Car: 2019 g80 sport
Default 02-17-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yes I see the problem, fuel pressure tanking!

Less boost and/or less E85.
Can you tell a layman like me what exactly we could keep an eye out for on logs and graphs, i want to be able to verify myself that everything is safe.
(#1710)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 12:14 PM

Not easily, no. But this thread has some basics. While not all of it applies to the Stinger most does.

Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#1711)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonigel
Okay I will try putting more pump gas in to see if that helps, if not, does that mean I have to pretty much lower boost up top on any map above 3?
Less boost and/or less E85 to keep fuel pressure from dropping below 8 (1200psi).

Burger Motorsports

(#1712)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default WMI - 02-18-2019, 02:02 AM

Are we able to raise the boost higher than the 0-75 if we are using 100% methanol instead of the 50/50, to add additional fuel? I would love to be at +10 or 11psi 😁 I've been running 70% meth for over 3 months now and at 75 on the wmi map. It just kinda feels blah now and I'm ready for more. My 2004 hyundai sonata 2.4l is making more hp than my stinger is. 😓 but seriously it is. And I'm very familiar with tuning for afr and knock from my experience with high boost 4 cylinder motors. The stinger is begging for more boost!

Last edited by Kelson; 02-18-2019 at 02:11 AM..
(#1713)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson
Are we able to raise the boost higher than the 0-75 if we are using 100% methanol instead of the 50/50, to add additional fuel? I would love to be at +10 or 11psi 😁 I've been running 70% meth for over 3 months now and at 75 on the wmi map. It just kinda feels blah now and I'm ready for more. My 2004 hyundai sonata 2.4l is making more hp than my stinger is. 😓 but seriously it is. And I'm very familiar with tuning for afr and knock from my experience with high boost 4 cylinder motors. The stinger is begging for more boost!
I'd have to see the JB4 log for any tuning advice, but the stock turbos stop making power around 18-19psi. So that is as high as you'd want to run it in my opinion.

Burger Motorsports

(#1714)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 09:00 AM

Took a few runs last night in the chilly 45f temps we have around here lately.

Mods: JB4, BMS Intake, BMS Prototype Intercooler, 93 octane, stock rims/tires, stock exhaust system, no WMI, full weight, etc. JB4 set to spoof intake air temp up around 30 degrees.

I'm really pleased with the trap! Had boost set to -4psi in 1st which helped off the line but with 1WD on stock tires traction is always the enemy.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1715)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-18-2019, 11:23 AM

Think the suspension bits helped at all on the runs

Burger Motorsports

(#1716)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Yes no doubt a benefit. But mum is the word on that until they are ready to ship.

Burger Motorsports

(#1717)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 02-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Hey guys,

Apologize if this is a dumb question but I'm pretty new to this. Was doing some logs during the drive home today, and my Ign 1 numbers look way off compared to others I've seen in this forum. They get pretty high and look like they bounce around a lot more. Logs are attached. Is this normal behavior? Car is stock except for Stillen intakes and using pump 93. Edit: and Densos gapped to .024”

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 16_34_11_Map-1.csv (13.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 16_56_18_Map-2.csv (11.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by ddebart2; 02-18-2019 at 08:02 PM..
(#1718)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger
Default 02-18-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
These look normal, if the no boost issue comes back we can look in to it further.
Hey Terry

I had the no boost situation happened again. I attached the logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 16_49_25_Map-2.csv (39.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 16_48_13_Map-2.csv (9.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 16_47_57_Map-2.csv (3.5 KB, 9 views)
(#1719)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snared
Hey Terry

I had the no boost situation happened again. I attached the logs
We'd want to see a log of what was going on before you went in to low boost mode, if you leave the JB4 connected so it can auto-log runs and appends them to the same file (under the app settings) makes it easier to track down.

Burger Motorsports

(#1720)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-19-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddebart2
Hey guys,

Apologize if this is a dumb question but I'm pretty new to this. Was doing some logs during the drive home today, and my Ign 1 numbers look way off compared to others I've seen in this forum. They get pretty high and look like they bounce around a lot more. Logs are attached. Is this normal behavior? Car is stock except for Stillen intakes and using pump 93. Edit: and Densos gapped to .024

Thanks,
Dan
Dipping down during shifts is not a problem at all. If you start seeing ign1 gradually decrease (like going down a set of stairs) as your RPMs are climbing then you should be concerned.
(#1721)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 02-19-2019, 08:46 AM

Terry,

Yesterday my jb4 bluetooth app started saying Network/service error... and would not sign in... Any fix to that issue?

Thank you.
(#1722)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2019, 10:31 AM

JB4 Mobile support requests go here: JB4 Mobile - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#1723)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
We'd want to see a log of what was going on before you went in to low boost mode, if you leave the JB4 connected so it can auto-log runs and appends them to the same file (under the app settings) makes it easier to track down.
Hi Terry

I enabled that logging function. I was thinking of downgrading from v8 to v7 firmware to see if I have the same issue. Will I lose any settings or will I have any issues completing this since there are enhanced functionality in the newer version . I am guessing that it should be ok but I thought I would ask .
(#1724)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2019, 12:21 PM

No you can move between v7 and v8 without issue, but won't make a difference. Whatever problem you have you probably have on any firmware version.

Burger Motorsports

(#1725)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 12:27 PM

I only started to get this issue when I went from v5 to v8. Only upgrades I have done in the last couple of weeks was BMS Intake and AP intercooler. I had no boost issues on v5 with these mods. Other mods are ***/catback exhaust/spark plugs. I do have fuel wires installed. Anything I could check ?