N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1626)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 02-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Thinking about picking up a bigger intercooler - Are any of the current maps tuned to take advantage of this upgrade yet?

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Mods: Tork Intake | Ark Grip Catback | JB4 | Eibach Pro-kit Springs
(#1627)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 02:34 PM

We just put a prototype BMS Stinger IC on our development car.

All maps will take advantage of it but should have some better upgraded IC metrics soon.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1628)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 02-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

All maps will take advantage of it but should have some better upgraded IC metrics soon.
Any numbers on the iat drop in temps? I know mine would heat soak bad at the track.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#1629)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Will be posting data in the near future.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1630)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-06-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Will be posting data in the near future.
Can I post a teaser picture?

Burger Motorsports

(#1631)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Can I post a teaser picture?
No.

Burger Motorsports

(#1632)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-07-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:

Awesome news, your cores for other platforms look great and are priced super well. How about catch can(s)?
(#1633)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 12:47 PM

It's being worked on.

Burger Motorsports

(#1634)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2019, 10:47 PM

Quick run from tonight as it's nice and cold, 45F! Car is on a half tank of E40 and I ran map2 (no WMI), car is on the stock rims/tires, has our prototype intercooler, and a new suspension modification we're testing.

Hauling ass for such low boost! Tried a run on map3 and was able to get high fuel pressure to start dropping so definitely time to get back to work on fueling upgrades.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1635)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-08-2019, 05:49 AM

Got any plans for a different set of wheels / tires? I got my set of Forgestar CF5V last week but weather isn't good enough to go back to summer tires yet.... <20lbs front 19x8.5 and <24lbs rear 19x10, although the 295 I'm throwing on the rear probably offsets that weight savings lol
(#1636)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Got any plans for a different set of wheels / tires? I got my set of Forgestar CF5V last week but weather isn't good enough to go back to summer tires yet.... <20lbs front 19x8.5 and <24lbs rear 19x10, although the 295 I'm throwing on the rear probably offsets that weight savings lol
I like the 18" RPF1's for racing but they are kinda ugly. For the short term I'm going to stay on the stock rims/tires which look good, are just heavy as hell. Looks like the weight savings on the RPF1 18" rims/tires is worth around 1mph in my testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#1637)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Post a log on map2 and let's see how timing looks now, and go from there.

No setting changes are required for v7.
Terry, will this work?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-06 21_49_37_Map-2.csv (16.0 KB, 14 views)
(#1638)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 02:30 PM

It's not showing extended cyl 2-6 timing data for some reason, but based on what I can see log looks fine to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1639)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
It's not showing extended cyl 2-6 timing data for some reason, but based on what I can see log looks fine to me.
What data should i be able to see on the app gauges? 2-6 never show any movement and oil temp stays at zero.

Also, will map 3 work with just 93 gas?
(#1640)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 03:04 PM

Oil temp isn't active yet. But your vehicle may have different ECU software though if cyl 2-6 isn't showing up. Cyl1 is good enough to evaluate but generally speaking for 93 octane I'd stay on map2. It's a great all around map.

Burger Motorsports

(#1641)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 02-08-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quick run from tonight as it's nice and cold, 45F! Car is on a half tank of E40 and I ran map2 (no WMI), car is on the stock rims/tires, has our prototype intercooler, and a new suspension modification we're testing.

Hauling ass for such low boost! Tried a run on map3 and was able to get high fuel pressure to start dropping so definitely time to get back to work on fueling upgrades.
I want that intercooler!!!!

Any idea on when they might be ready/price?
(#1642)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Still too early to give specifics, sorry. We're working on it. Compared to the other offerings I think you guys will find it offers some unique features that give it a leg up. And our prices are always good.

Burger Motorsports

(#1643)
Old

Default 02-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Hey Terry. I'm from FB you said to come over here for tech support.

I installed the Jb4. Guagues wernt reading until I installed the obd2 connection.

I have 2 codes for the MAP sensor and the IT sensor. Codes wont clear. Check engine light still remains.

I installed the JB4 the first time opposite of what your installation instructions recommend. The. I switched it to the correct way and that's when the check engine light came on. Tried to move the car and it shut off.
(#1644)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 06:10 PM

For codes you'd clear ign on, engine off. If they don't clear then something is still wrong that needs to be corrected.

Burger Motorsports

(#1645)
Old

Default 02-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Thank you Terry. Code cleared following your instructions.

To send data logs on the car what kind of driving would you need to see?
(#1646)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 08:40 PM

Just full throttle runs are good, on a safe private track, of course!

Burger Motorsports

(#1647)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 02-10-2019, 08:45 AM

Is it normal for the Tail BOV to stay open when the car is turned off?

Seems to happen every time.

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#1648)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger
Default 02-10-2019, 01:54 PM

Hey Terry.

Yesterday I upgraded from. V5 to V8. At first all seemed good. Today I have noticed a couple times that I am not making any boost (43_33csv). I was on the highway try to pass someone and nothing. I got off the highway and tried to do a pull and no boost. Still in Map 2 and no codes.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-10 15_02_22_Map-2.csv (5.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-09 08_43_33_Map-2.csv (3.8 KB, 11 views)
(#1649)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snared
Hey Terry.

Yesterday I upgraded from. V5 to V8. At first all seemed good. Today I have noticed a couple times that I am not making any boost (43_33csv). I was on the highway try to pass someone and nothing. I got off the highway and tried to do a pull and no boost. Still in Map 2 and no codes.
Have a longer run on map2 so I can check it out?

Burger Motorsports

(#1650)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger
Default 02-10-2019, 02:53 PM

The initial attempt to upgrade to the newer version failed and it increased the timeout and it was successful the second d time.

Before I tried to get a longer run I changed it to Map 0 and drove it for a couple minutes then changed it back to Map 2.

I keep running out of room trying to get a long test. Hope these are better. 29_30 was getting onto the highway and 32_14 was passing (this time boost kicked in )
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-10 16_29_30_Map-2.csv (9.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-10 16_32_14_Map-2.csv (8.5 KB, 10 views)