N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 06-02-2017, 12:24 PM

Thanks

The truth of the vehicle feels really aggressive and throttled very fast

Well done

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#27)
Old

Car: 435
Default 06-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Hi Terry,

1. For F-series ISO, may I confirm if the "default wastegate position" is 60 instead of 80 which is for the E-series ISO?

Thank you very much!

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

F30 335xi N55 Pure 2 1/4mile 11.111ET @ 126mph (Sold)

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

Best 100-200km/h S6 stock turbo = 7.48s
In Shanghai
(#28)
Old

Thumbs up ISO 7 T3 Log (E45, 20psi flat, stock FMIC, FBO) - 06-02-2017, 11:16 PM

Good morning Terry,

Here is my log of ISO 7 T3 (E45+dual cm5 meth 50/50, FBO+stock FMIC, 4th to 5th gear 20psi flat target, BEF)

Overall, the ISO 7 is almost perfect, with boost aggressieness index set to 45, the car had no more lag. Here is just some minor issue:

1. Small overboost at tip-in
2. timing dip at tip in
*3. fuel trim sometimes is stuck at value of 25, regardless of pedal input and boost variation, also AFR went very high.

Thank you very much in advance for your further instruction!

Best,

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

In Shanghai

Last edited by 911Y4; 06-03-2017 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Add content
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2017, 09:06 PM

AFR safety is not active at low boost. The DME routinely runs leaner than 14.5:1 when its in lean spool mode, open loop, etc. If it's going over 14 under boost though then it should trigger. If it doesn't let's see a log of it not working.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Y4
Hi Terry,

1. For F-series ISO, may I confirm if the "default wastegate position" is 60 instead of 80 which is for the E-series ISO?

Thank you very much!

Li Wang
It makes little difference either way.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Thumbs up 06-05-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
So any idea what is causing this trim25 at part throttle that Li Wang is reporting and how to avoid it?
@ Terry

Thank you very much for your explaination

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#32)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 06-06-2017, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I can imagine that most want to run FUD=8...double-check yourself

http://www.calculator.net/binary-calculator.html
bit# 7654 3210
24 0001 1000
16(not 8) 0001 0000
48(not 12) 0011 0000

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Bit4 only is FUD 16.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
So any idea what is causing this trim25 at part throttle that Li Wang is reporting and how to avoid it? Can the JB4 AFR safety be extended to part throttle also or can a trim25 safety be implemented again like we tried back in November? In my WOT log above I dont see the AFR safety working - or maybe that is because I am already in map4...? Possible to get kicked to map0 instead of 4 then we would also be very sure something is wrong
DME is in open loop (ignoring O2 sensor) most likely. If I see a trend in logs that looks problematic we'll make whatever adjustments are needed. But that is all based on continued data being posted.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Thumbs up 06-06-2017, 09:48 AM

Hi Terry,

Here is my another log of ISO 7 T3 firmware for your reference. ( E45 + dual cm5 meth 50:50, with MAF)

1. May I ask how should I overcome the overboost at tip in?
2. FP_H was very low after gear shifted, was it due to HPFP weakness or others?

Thank you for your time!

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 09:51 AM

On the tip in overshoot to fix that FF would need to be mapped closer to PWM and then reshaped down low a bit. Not sure its worth the effort as minor over boosting on spool is often more of a feature than a bug.

Fuel pressure is dropping so increase meth with a stronger mix or larger nozzles.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Thumbs up 06-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the tip in overshoot to fix that FF would need to be mapped closer to PWM and then reshaped down low a bit. Not sure its worth the effort as minor over boosting on spool is often more of a feature than a bug.

Fuel pressure is dropping so increase meth with a stronger mix or larger nozzles.
Hi Terry

Thank you very much for your instructions! May I just confirm if adding a biggest nozzle or stronger mixed will further negative the trim? So far the trim is already at and below 25. However the FP_H still drops when trim was low, will increase PI AFR bias help? Or just adding meth.

Best regards

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#38)
Old

Car: 2011 535ix
Default 06-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Before I decide to go this ISO route I had few questions that I wanted to get a clear view on.

Sorry I am a noob when it comes to this, and want a clear understanding.

1) After cutting diode and loading firmware adjust PID Gain to 25, and auto shift reduction to 60, as starting points.

Do we have to keep messing with these numbers? I have stock turbo.
My question is more towards the "shift reduction to 60."

2) RPM FF gain is disabled in this firmware so you'll need to manually enter a dutybias profile to match your turbocharger. This is a good starting point:

Duty Bias
50 - 50 - 50 - 52 - 54 - 56 - 58 - 60 - 63 - 66 - 69 - 72

Are these good for stock turbo or I have keep fiddling with these as well?

3) FutureUseA: 0-50 offset target between DME_BT and ECU_PSI under full load. A setting of 0 runs the default value of

30. Lower values will result in ECU_PSI closer to DME_BT with more throttle movement, and higher values ECU_PSI

further way from DME_BT with less throttle movement.

Will leaving this at 0 fine? --- I have another post where Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! says that FUA is for slow canbus communcations and had me set it to 51... I am confused now because with the information you provided it says that setting is part of FUD and not FUA
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=ziekxq

Last question, will this provide better control of the boost and meet the targets, what is the real benefit of going to ISO?

Last edited by Ziekxq; 06-06-2017 at 02:58 PM..
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Y4
Hi Terry

Thank you very much for your instructions! May I just confirm if adding a biggest nozzle or stronger mixed will further negative the trim? So far the trim is already at and below 25. However the FP_H still drops when trim was low, will increase PI AFR bias help? Or just adding meth.

Best regards

Li Wang
Need more fluid volume to help keep fuel pressure up.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 06-06-2017, 05:54 PM

Anyone?
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 06:22 PM

If you don't like messing with stuff, BETA ISO firmware isn't for you... I don't understand what you're asking. Other than for us to confirm what is already written in the first post?

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 06-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
If you don't like messing with stuff, BETA ISO firmware isn't for you... I don't understand what you're asking. Other than for us to confirm what is already written in the first post?
I don't mind messing around with stuff, what I want to confirm is if I do the ISO update and just set the DutyBias to what you mention in the first post, plus PID to 25 and shift reduction to 60, can I just keep those settings without fiddling with it too much on stock turbos (will the result be better than the current firmware v9 I am running?)

Also, currently my FUA is set to 51 - this was done due to slow logging, should I reset this value back to 0? According to your original post, the value only goes up to 50, so I am a bit confused. I was told FUA was used if data logging is slow but your explanation of it is completely different.

Or for now I am just better of doing ISO mode and update to ISO_7_T1 and let jb4 handle things?

I am sorry for being pain here but just trying to understand few things before I decide what route I want to go.

Last edited by Ziekxq; 06-06-2017 at 07:08 PM..
(#43)
Old

Default 06-07-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Need more fluid volume to help keep fuel pressure up.
Hi Terry

Today I tried 70/30 meth instead of 50/50, with same boost and fuel setting. However the FP_H dip still exist after gear shifted. (Log attached)

However once I reduced the AFR bias and made trim higher, the FP_H went almost normal. I am a little confused about this behavior, could you please share your opinions? Thank you very much! Your comments are highly appreciated!

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2017, 09:28 AM

AFR bias is not active, unless equipped with port injection.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 06-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
AFR bias is not active, unless equipped with port injection.
Good morning Terry!

Yes, my car is equipped with Fuel it PI and BMS PI controller. The fuel was E45 + dual cm5 meth (75:25)

That's why I am confused higher AFR bias actually worse the FP_H dip after gear shift. Could you share any possible causes and solutions?

Thank you very much for your help and time!

Cheers,

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM

So you're running both PI and WMI? That's pretty unusual. Why?

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Car: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Default 06-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Are there any wiring differences for the FSBv2 on this firmware? I tried to hook my meth back up last night, and I'm just getting nothing from the pump. I checked some things with my multimeter, but I don't know what specifically to look for where.

Other than that, this firmware is awesome. I'm on my stock tune at the moment, but with map 5 and 93 octane, I'm hitting 17+ psi on the regular.
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Should work the same way. Select map3, press purge button.

The V1 and V2 FSB have a wiring difference with the solenoid though.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Default 06-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Should work the same way. Select map3, press purge button.

The V1 and V2 FSB have a wiring difference with the solenoid though.
Yeah, I missed that at first but then corrected the issue based on the install diagram (as I had the V1 before, and the V2 now). Would that fry anything if wired incorrectly?
(#50)
Old

Thumbs up 06-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
So you're running both PI and WMI? That's pretty unusual. Why?
Hi Terry,

My daily fuel is E35-E45, and daily 22psi flat boost target.

I use PI to help the weak f30 n55 hpfp, and I use dual cm5 70:30 to cool the IAT. I found with higher IAT the timings were very low, although octane maybe is sufficient for this boost level.

Do you have any suggestions for better applications? Thank you very much for your valuable comments!

Cheers

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai