N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4201)
Old

Car: q50
Default 05-21-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
No itís aftermarket. Replaced the y-pipe. After the Y-Pipe i replaced the exhaust from top speed pro1. Which i believe included the midpipe all the way to the exhaust tips
What size is that mid pipe? Just looked them up and it looks pretty small like stock.
(#4202)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-21-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
What size is that mid pipe? Just looked them up and it looks pretty small like stock.
Itís definitely a little bigger than stock. According to their website it says 60mm which comes out to being 2.3622 inches

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#4203)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 09:08 PM

Here’s a video i recorded underneath my car in February 2019. You can see the pipe size and judge for yourself

Q50 My Exhaust mods - YouTube

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4204)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 09:30 PM

Also i do not recommend TopSpeedPro for exhaust. It’s a very cheap material made exhaust. Also the exhaust tips are not even lined up straight on the back of the car when you look at it. I didn’t know about this until it was installed and i was being very cheap with the mods. Plus one of my cousins had the 3.7L Q and it sounded amazing on that engine. I don’t recommend for this engine. It’s still not bad but i thought it was going to be louder like his. I was a noob when it came to these mods as it was the first sporty car i had to work with. Check out my channel on video i sent before. You’ll see some sound clips of the car. It might also just be me that inside the car you don’t hear the exhaust as much compared to hearing it in person from the outside

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4205)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Terry anything new your working for the Q in terms of the jb4?

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4206)
Old

Default 05-22-2019, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Also i do not recommend TopSpeedPro for exhaust. Itís a very cheap material made exhaust. Also the exhaust tips are not even lined up straight on the back of the car when you look at it. I didnít know about this until it was installed and i was being very cheap with the mods. Plus one of my cousins had the 3.7L Q and it sounded amazing on that engine. I donít recommend for this engine. Itís still not bad but i thought it was going to be louder like his. I was a noob when it came to these mods as it was the first sporty car i had to work with. Check out my channel on video i sent before. Youíll see some sound clips of the car. It might also just be me that inside the car you donít hear the exhaust as much compared to hearing it in person from the outside
Thanks for the info. Been wanting to just get a mid-pipe so my Y matches up. The Megan 3" y doesn't mate up well to the stock mid flange.
(#4207)
Old

Default 05-22-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Been wanting to just get a mid-pipe so my Y matches up. The Megan 3" y doesn't mate up well to the stock mid flange.
Yeah it doesnít.. but do not get the Megan racing y pipe either, the flex pipe went bad on me on both sides. The whole flex part the mesh came off over time so eventually they both snapped. Keeping in mind i am in NYC with rain/snow/salt did make it go bad as well

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4208)
Old

Default 05-22-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
And i believe the Y-Pipe to the midpipe was 2.5Ē inner diameter inlet with a 3Ē diameter outlet

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4209)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-26-2019, 11:18 PM

Really hot weather in the Carolinas the past few days, car seems to like Map 5 the best. Time to order a heat exchanger

2019 Q50 Luxe *JB4 with Fuel Wires*BMS Intakes*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30
(#4210)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 05-27-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Really hot weather in the Carolinas the past few days, car seems to like Map 5 the best. Time to order a heat exchanger
A good HE is a must in NTX - mine keeps temps between 10-15 degrees above ambient.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#4211)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 05-27-2019, 07:05 PM

Hey guys, would I be able to just fill up with E85 and run it without problems?
- Can I fill it 50% E85 with half tank of 91 or 94?
- Will I just see instant gains without touching my existing Map 6?(I understand it will run cooler and more boost is possible)
- I don’t have fuel wires or flex fuel kit, is it ok to run E85 completely or mix?

Thanks.

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#4212)
Old

Default 05-27-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky777
Hey guys, would I be able to just fill up with E85 and run it without problems?
- Can I fill it 50% E85 with half tank of 91 or 94?
- Will I just see instant gains without touching my existing Map 6?(I understand it will run cooler and more boost is possible)
- I donít have fuel wires or flex fuel kit, is it ok to run E85 completely or mix?

Thanks.
Simple answer - NOOO.

The fact that you are asking this means you should not pump ANY e85 until you have time to read up about our car's fuel system and how e85 works. When it comes to fuel, trial and error is not a way to go about business.

(#4213)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 05-27-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Simple answer - NOOO.

The fact that you are asking this means you should not pump ANY e85 until you have time to read up about our car's fuel system and how e85 works. When it comes to fuel, trial and error is not a way to go about business.
Thanks, I’ll do more research. It seems to be ok and not have any specific requirements to run 30% E85 mix on Burgertuning JB4 product page?

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#4214)
Old

Default 05-27-2019, 08:58 PM

I’m looking for some opinions from people. Been thinking about going back to stock air intakes especially now in the summer since it gets really hot here. I know concept z posted a video of the gains they were getting comparing their own, BMS, Stillen, AEM, etc... but these were just replacing the intakes no other mods. So i was thinking of going back to stock and buying the K&N drop in. Just want to get some opinions on what people are doing with the intakes now. below is the video i was referring to. Also anyone that works at BMS please include your opinion.

Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Twin Turbo Intake Comparison!! - YouTube

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4215)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Iíll do more research. It seems to be ok and not have any specific requirements to run 30% E85 mix on Burgertuning JB4 product page?
Yes, the Burger team has been running E30 for their product testing for a while. I also ran E30 for some time and everyone told me I was running extremely lean when I posted logs and my car was sputtering/jerking pretty roughly. I want to run E again but won't touch it until I do a LPFP upgrade at the minimum. You could always run E30 and post some logs here as well, your outcome may be better than mine, but the E50 or straight E85 idea is definitely a big no-no on stock fuel pumps. Also keep in mind this car was built for low ethanol content (E15), fuel lines can deteriorate over time with constant exposure to ethanol.

(#4216)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Iím looking for some opinions from people. Been thinking about going back to stock air intakes especially now in the summer since it gets really hot here. I know concept z posted a video of the gains they were getting comparing their own, BMS, Stillen, AEM, etc... but these were just replacing the intakes no other mods. So i was thinking of going back to stock and buying the K&N drop in. Just want to get some opinions on what people are doing with the intakes now. below is the video i was referring to. Also anyone that works at BMS please include your opinion.

I ran the stock intake with K&N drop-inís from day one. Nothing wrong with that approach but I wanted a bit more top end HP that the BMS CAI provides. The lower end HP loss of an aftermarket intake wasnít noticeable for me. Many folks, myself included, enjoy the turbo spool sound of an aftermarket CAI. A compromise might be to look at the VERY expensive AMS CAI? Personally the BMS CAI has been great (I am also running the upgraded inlets) and wouldnít swap out to anything else.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#4217)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Iíll do more research. It seems to be ok and not have any specific requirements to run 30% E85 mix on Burgertuning JB4 product page?
I have been running an E30 blend (1:4 E85 & 93 Pump Gas) for well over a year on my 2017 RWD Silver Sport with great success. Note: E85 from pump to pump differs by as much as 15% in my experience. Pick a reliable E85 station and periodically test the fuel yourself (test kits are fairly cheap.) I have Valero Top Tier E85 near my home/work and Iíve seen +/- 10% ethanol swings across months. You have to factor that into your fuel blend. The more ethanol in your fuel - the more volume of fuel the car has to get into the engine. Your Fuel Trims will max out quicker than on straight pump 93. I know some folks have upgraded their HPFP and/or LPFP to combat this; however they also have to flash tune in order to take advantage of the added fuel pumping potential.

I have the new BMS WMI Kit awaiting install and plan to run E30 fuel in addition to the WMI (best of both worlds concept.) Once installed we will run a before and after dyno to see what gains the WMI Kit yields.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#4218)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Iím looking for some opinions from people. Been thinking about going back to stock air intakes especially now in the summer since it gets really hot here. I know concept z posted a video of the gains they were getting comparing their own, BMS, Stillen, AEM, etc... but these were just replacing the intakes no other mods. So i was thinking of going back to stock and buying the K&N drop in. Just want to get some opinions on what people are doing with the intakes now. below is the video i was referring to. Also anyone that works at BMS please include your opinion.

I guess I haven't seen much positive in the way of CAI's, and many have had headaches. The minimal gains (if any?) don't seem worth the hassle when the stock stuff does a fine job at letting cold air in to the turbo's. I'm a fan of K.I.S.S., not the band.
(#4219)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 08:12 AM

I was actually more worried about the intakes absorbing the heat from the engine bay. I guess I’ll have to do a data log when it gets in the 80’s. And yeah i definitely do not want to lose the spool. Honestly it was the video i watched that i asked.

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#4220)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Intake is worth around 10whp at higher power levels and sound. It's not a major power adder by any means but after tuning there are only so many things you can do to make a difference...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4221)
Old

Default 05-28-2019, 05:22 PM

@Terry, logging today in some extreme heat, can you take a look at these 2 Map5 pulls, one with fuel wires enabled, one disabled?

93 pump and intakes only today
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-28 nowires_Map-5.csv (178.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-28 wires_Map-5.csv (115.1 KB, 13 views)

(#4222)
Old

Default 05-29-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
@Terry, logging today in some extreme heat, can you take a look at these 2 Map5 pulls, one with fuel wires enabled, one disabled?

Obviously not Terry, but I looked at your logs. Wires all day over no wires. Your timing looked lousy (~3 degrees in some areas). Curious why your throttle keeps blipping in the logs.
(#4223)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Seem fine to me, I'd leave the fuel wires on.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4224)
Old

Default 05-29-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Obviously not Terry, but I looked at your logs. Wires all day over no wires. Your timing looked lousy (~3 degrees in some areas). Curious why your throttle keeps blipping in the logs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks my guys

(#4225)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q50 sport AWD
Default 05-29-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey Terry I heard running fuel wires on 93 octane on Map 6 or 7 is pointless it would contribute to pre detonation or more prone to knock, since it runs slightly leaner? Saw a video on YouTube from a reputable Q50 owner.