N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 17 Q50 RS
Default 07-24-2017, 11:01 AM

I bought the stage 1 tuner In the salespersons office as I was buying my RS today... Cant wait to use it.

Also definitely would be interested in a Jb4 product, and those intakes. I'm not buying Stillens.
(#252)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 03:28 PM

Just so you are aware.. one of your competitors is posting boost logs of your product on his car.. and painting the boost spike upon shifts in a negative light... here-

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#253)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 07-24-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysbadmk8
Just so you are aware.. one of your competitors is posting boost logs of your product on his car.. and painting the boost spike upon shifts in a negative light... here-
Couple weeks back my friend told me to follow that page and I kept getting rejected. Then I saw who the admin is on that page

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#254)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Other tuners posting FUD about the new guy on the block goes with the territory. Don't worry, it's not our first rodeo. These guys are selling flash tunes that cost twice as much so no doubt they are going to find some angles to talk up. And in some ways there is a lot more you can do with flash tuning. It's just a much more invasive and irreversible proposition.

When talking about boost spikes you want to differentiate whether you're talking about manifold boost or pre-throttle body boost. As the throttle closes you're going to naturally have spiking registered before the throttle body that your engine never sees. Regardless boost is the one thing the Stage1 can datalog and its logged at a blistering 40hz. In our testing "spiking" on an unmodified car was no worse than stock and looks to me to be a non-issue. Also worth noting the manifold boost reference is unaltered with the Stage1 installed so any boost spiking is visible to the ECU allowing it to react accordingly.

Also removed the FB link from your post, don't need to give them free advertising here.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#255)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-24-2017, 04:01 PM

You'll find that companies talk bad about their competition because they can't find anything good to say about their own product. Those are the companies to avoid at all costs, because you know they're scumbags.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#256)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM

Terry, I'm not sure if I'm noticing hesitation or something else. I'm running stock setting on my RS, it doesn't happen all the time it's subtle but the best way can describe it is it feels like when traction control kicks in killing throttle for a split second. Not sure if heat is a factor either, today is our 6th day in a row hitting triple digit heat. I'm using 93 octane Shell V-power btw.
(#257)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM

Sorry, about the link. I wasnt trying to advertise them, just give you the opportunity to defend yourselves.

Sucks that the "admin" isnt confident enough to let you in.

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#258)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50S 3.0t
Default 07-25-2017, 09:05 AM

I got my Burger module yesterday and installed it into our 2017 3.0t Silver sport, totally stock, with 1500 miles on the clock.

Took maybe 15 minutes to install. I left the neg cable off the battery for maybe an hour just to make sure ECU was cleared. After I buttoned it all up I went out for a short evening drive. I left the unit at the default 3 PSI add. The car is noticeably and significantly faster now. I ran it up to 6k rpm through 4th gear a couple times and it really scoots. Even my wife noticed the difference.

Solid bang for the buck. When Berger releases their intake, I will likely pair that with the FI *** and resonated catback and call it good. The car will be plenty fast after those mild mods.

Mike

Last edited by Hammer663s; 07-25-2017 at 11:06 AM..
(#259)
Old

Default 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM

There is a thread on about it now

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#260)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
There is a thread on about it now
We're not allowed to post on other forums unless we sign up as vendors. For the foreseeable future we'll be posting exclusively on this forum. So, if anyone there has any questions on the product feel free to direct them to this thread. And you can always quote my replies over there if relevant.

Burger Motorsports

(#261)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
Terry, I'm not sure if I'm noticing hesitation or something else. I'm running stock setting on my RS, it doesn't happen all the time it's subtle but the best way can describe it is it feels like when traction control kicks in killing throttle for a split second. Not sure if heat is a factor either, today is our 6th day in a row hitting triple digit heat. I'm using 93 octane Shell V-power btw.
Might be normal behavior or could be a sign of too much boost for the octane. We're limited to logging boost but grab a boost log on map1 default capturing the issue, and I can see if anything looks out of place. It might be a good data point to compare to +1psi and +2psi over stock, too. To see if it scales with boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Default 07-25-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're not allowed to post on other forums unless we sign up as vendors. For the foreseeable future we'll be posting exclusively on this forum. So, if anyone there has any questions on the product feel free to direct them to this thread. And you can always quote my replies over there if relevant.
I can definitely relay a response for you, as I see its an unfair attack.

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#263)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I can definitely relay a response for you, as I see its an unfair attack.
Thanks. My full reply in post 256 above will do.

I'd encourage everyone to take whatever they have to say about the Stage1 with a grain of salt and if you're in doubt try one for yourself. It literally goes on and off within one minute.

Just keep in mind this is how the "tuning game" works. Threatened competitors will post negative things about other products, get their "fanboy" customers to put up fake reviews and post bad results, etc. And since we're the new kids in this market we're an easy target. Fortunately for us we have a solid reputation within the BMW community and there may be some customer overlap there. And as our satisfied Q50 customer base grows you guys can push back where appropriate.

Burger Motorsports

(#264)
Old

Default 07-25-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks. My full reply in post 256 above works.

Just keep in mind this is how the "tuning game" works. Threatened competitors will post negative things about other products, get their "fanboy" customers to put up fake reviews and post bad results, etc. And since we're the new kids in this market we're an easy target. Fortunately for us we have a solid reputation within the BMW community and there may be some customer overlap there.

I'd encourage everyone to take whatever they have to say about the Stage1 with a grain of salt and if you're in doubt try one for yourself. It literally goes on and off within one minute.
I bought one yesterday... I guess you guys are out of stock, as I got a email saying it'll be delayed today.

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 09:56 AM

Yes, ran out of stock over the weekend. Sorry about the delay. Demand is higher than expected. We have a batch of 125 that will be ready 8/10 or maybe a few days sooner. Pending orders will be shipped in the order received.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old

Default 07-25-2017, 10:15 AM

Sounds like a Jb4 is in order...

2017 Infiniti Q50 RS
2016 Hellcat
2004 MSM Miata
Etc etc etc...
(#267)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-25-2017, 11:03 AM

Can I do a jb1 online purchase but local pickup?
(#268)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Can I do a jb1 online purchase but local pickup?
Nope, not for sale or use in California, until we get it CARB approved. Which we're working on.

Burger Motorsports

(#269)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Might be normal behavior or could be a sign of too much boost for the octane. We're limited to logging boost but grab a boost log on map1 default capturing the issue, and I can see if anything looks out of place. It might be a good data point to compare to +1psi and +2psi over stock, too. To see if it scales with boost.
Gotcha. I'll give it a shot. Im now wondering if it's traction control kicking in prior to slip light coming on. I drove to work today with tc off and everything ran perfect. Maybe the temps have an impact as it was obviously cooler in the morning.
(#270)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-25-2017, 01:27 PM

Terry - Any issues with setting the Boost Safety to a number other than a whole number -(e.g. 6.5?)
(#271)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 07-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Came just to ask a couple of questions about this product.

1) Can this be used with bolt ons (Lower **, Catback, Intake)?

2) Currently there are lower *** and Full ***, if can be used with ***, which are better?

3) Will the cars Eco mode nullify the JB1 so that everyday driving you are not running the EXTRA psi?

4) Its an extra 3 on red sports too right?

Ive heard good things about Burger, hope you guys keep the support up for the VR community. Also, you guys join the FB group yet? Dont gotta be a vendor there
(#272)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Terry - Any issues with setting the Boost Safety to a number other than a whole number -(e.g. 6.5?)
None at all.

Burger Motorsports

(#273)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donguason
Came just to ask a couple of questions about this product.

1) Can this be used with bolt ons (Lower **, Catback, Intake)?

2) Currently there are lower *** and Full ***, if can be used with ***, which are better?

3) Will the cars Eco mode nullify the JB1 so that everyday driving you are not running the EXTRA psi?

4) Its an extra 3 on red sports too right?

Ive heard good things about Burger, hope you guys keep the support up for the VR community. Also, you guys join the FB group yet? Dont gotta be a vendor there
1) We have not evaluated the Stage1 with exhaust modifications so I can't say with any certainty how well they will work together. With heavy bolt on modifications a custom flash tune is probably your best bet though. Using the Stage1 in that situation just to add a little more boost to your flash map at the track when on higher octane, etc.

2) We have no advice to offer you on that.

3) Boost is added as a function of how far you press the gas pedal down, and the factory modes simply dampen the gas pedal to boost ratios further. So all modes continue to work as normal. In eco mode you're going to go slowly unless you really mash the pedal down even with the Stage1 added.

4) That is what we suggest for most situations.

5) Thanks for the invite but at this time not really interested in another facebook page to have to monitor and respond to. Those who are interested in communicating with us, know where to find us.

Burger Motorsports

(#274)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 07-25-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
The curve should be the same, the numbers won't be.
Quote:
You want to pick a gear that allows proper load but not so high that wheel speed hits your speed limiter. We used 4th gear for our testing. SpecialtyZ uses 4th for all of their Q50 tuning as well.
yep, i totally understand this part. Just trying to give a rationale about a Red Sport would still pull ahead of the regular Sport given everything is set equal, e.g. boost, etc.

On a side note, i've also seen that post from a competitor against the jb1. That's a lame attack. I've been looking for a perfect tune/tuner for the most part of the year now but haven't decided yet. I tried not to focus on any negative reviews/feedback but in my opinion that particular post from the 'other party' in FB and q50 forum actually substantiate certain negative reviews about them. To me, it tells me more about that person(s) who posted it than the targeted subject.
(#275)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
yep, i totally understand this part. Just trying to give a rationale about a Red Sport would still pull ahead of the regular Sport given everything is set equal, e.g. boost, etc.
Beyond that I'm sure the RS has other advantages beyond just the factory tuning that may help it during back to back races. Still, can't deny the value of the SS.

Burger Motorsports