N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2501)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 05:23 PM

There are a few things we're working on for the Q50 but nothing to share yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2502)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-30-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There are a few things we're working on for the Q50 but nothing to share yet.
Looking forward to it... thanks for the update

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#2503)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Smile 03-31-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprada01
With an e85 mixture and temps below 75 ive been able to run at 21 psi with timing being around 5-6 degrees and it pulling insanely nice.

Unfortunately that is only below 4500 rpm. Above that it starts dropping down to around 17-19 psi no matter how much extra i add on the JB4. Maybe with some exhaust work the turbos can breath a little more.

Another negative is that on 21 psi the factory tires break lose from a 20-40 mph even in 3rd gear. The stupid TCS on this car never shuts off 100 % so i guess the yaw sensor feels too much movement and always cuts me off.

If you guys want to brake boost BTW just throw the 4 PIN brake connector at the pedal location on a switch. You cant shift from park to D so make sure its switched off after you change into D. This lets you brake boost without the ECU cancelling you throttle.
A little late but whatís done to your RS? Just curious how you can run 21 psi
(#2504)
Old

Car: q60
Default 04-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Terry, if there was some thing you guys could make/program into the jb4 to allow it to brake boost I'm sure it would be a very popular item.

(In my experience when brake boosting the car pulls throttle to about half, a half second after I release the brake).
(#2505)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
Terry, if there was some thing you guys could make/program into the jb4 to allow it to brake boost I'm sure it would be a very popular item.

(In my experience when brake boosting the car pulls throttle to about half, a half second after I release the brake).
Yes I 2nd this!!!

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2506)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:

I've had no issues brake boosting ours? Log the brake boosting so we can see what might be going on there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2507)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Hi Terry - it's great that you're looking into this! I can't tell you how frustrating is it. I have a 2017 q60 awd. As you can see from the logs the pedal is at 100% but the throttle comes up only when i release the brake. Additionally, sometimes the throttle will increase, then pull back a bit, then give me 100%.

I've read that you can depress a button by the brake pedal (under the dash) that will bypass the brake signal..therefore the car essentially does not 'know' when the brakes are on (but of course the brakes still work).

thanks
matt.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-03-15 21_48_02Map_1.csv (5.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: csv 2018-03-15 21_50_38Map_1.csv (5.1 KB, 79 views)
(#2508)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Interesting, so the throttle is staying closed to keep the boost target down it seems? The 3psi target there is below where the JB4 normally starts increasing boost. So the net effect is stock like boost on the launch.

Grab another log brake boosting "longer" (like a few seconds) so I can see if boost starts to move at all as the seconds go by.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2509)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 04:20 PM

HI Terry, here you go. I'll try for one or two more with more time brake boosting...but it feel like if the car is gonna die!

I think what's more detrimental to performance is the drip in throttle AFTER the car starts going. You can see in all these logs that the throttle will only reach 100% well after the pedal is depressed. But they ALL dip quite a bit after being at 100%. These were with and without the traction control on...

it really takes the momentum away.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-04-02 18_28_48Map_2.csv (8.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: csv 2018-04-02 18_29_25Map_2.csv (17.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv 2018-04-02 18_36_24Map_2.csv (6.5 KB, 71 views)
(#2510)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 07:38 PM

I'll experiment with our Q50 when time allows and see what I can come up with for the launch.

Burger Motorsports

(#2511)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 07:56 PM

HI Terry - thank you. I know you guys have many other cars/products that you cater too. If it's a quick software option that can be unlocked by the JB4 app (or something like that) i would think many of your existing jb4 customers and some jb1 would jump at it!

anyways, thanks!
(#2512)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 3.0t luxe
Default 04-03-2018, 07:35 PM

I need help I unplugged my stage 1 and my cars not moving. Itís taking forever to pick up.
(#2513)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018_q50_3.0tlux
I need help I unplugged my stage 1 and my cars not moving. Itís taking forever to pick up.
Plug it back in? If you need help email us our tech support though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2514)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 04-03-2018, 08:59 PM

Terry,

This may have been asked before, but is there any way to get Oil Temp via the JB4? It would be beneficial to know for when to safely "exercise" the motor after a cold start.

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake / Mishimoto CC / BMS Pedal Tuner
(#2515)
Old

Car: 50
Default 04-03-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400
Terry,

This may have been asked before, but is there any way to get Oil Temp via the JB4? It would be beneficial to know for when to safely "exercise" the motor after a cold start.

Tranny temp also.
(#2516)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 04-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Happy to say that my car drives better with the BMS intakes than with the stock ones. Also tried brake boosting my AWD 2017 red sport doing Gilbert Bernals method, of holding the left side brake pedal button to fault the traction control. I believe the car didn't hold back, have to try it at the track to see if it improves
60ft times.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2517)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400
Terry,

Yes we plan to add more logging parameters in. Just need to find a tool that has them to get the correct channels for the platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#2518)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Happy to say that my car drives better with the BMS intakes than with the stock ones. Also tried brake boosting my AWD 2017 red sport doing Gilbert Bernals method, of holding the left side brake pedal button to fault the traction control. I believe the car didn't hold back, have to try it at the track to see if it improves
60ft times.
When you did this, did everything return to normal after you cycled the ignition? I've been meaning to try this but keep forgetting. Did you just put it in drive, hold down that button until the traction control lights goes on, and then start driving?
(#2519)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
When you did this, did everything return to normal after you cycled the ignition? I've been meaning to try this but keep forgetting. Did you just put it in drive, hold down that button until the traction control lights goes on, and then start driving?
I had it in D, held the brake down, held the left button for around 5 sec. The fault light came on, it stayed on until I turned the car off and restarted it. Someone that can log, should do this to see what is happening.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2520)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 04-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
60ft times.
NEW MEMBER HERE! Hi Everyone.

I am definitely interested in hearing more about how to do this, and if it works. I have a JB4+BT on order... for a friends car... yeah... not mine...

The only issue I'm always dealing with is getting the best launch. I have VDC off, brake boost and release... but its pretty hit and miss.

Also, separate topic... FUEL:

My area here in CA is only 91 and no E85... but I have a pump full of VP100 race gas next door luckily that i have used often on my previous cars. What mixture of 100 octane race fuel would be equivalent to the listed "E30" for the red sport to run the higher maps safely?

To achieve a "good 93 octane tank of gas" I usually mix 4-5 gallons of 100 and the rest 91. For the higher maps I'm guessing I'll need closer to double the 100? maybe 10 gallons 100 and then 6 gallons of 91?

Thanks, any speculation or expertise on 100 octane race fuel's equivalency to E85 would be appreciated.
(#2521)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 12:03 PM

I will seriously make a point of logging this tonight!

Someone had tried it on FB, but then he said it put him into RWD (???) and he wasn't sure how to get the traction control lights off... i asked him for details both in the discussion and on a IM and nothing. But i figured turning the car off and then on again would do it (as it does on many other cars).

So i'll give this a shot. i agree that the launch is the more unsatisfying aspect of the car. If i had to choose between more power or a proper launch i would have choosen a better launch...having said that i'm very happy i have the JB4 and full **/exhaust... anyways i'll do my best to try this and log it.

if anyone else can pls post the logs.
(#2522)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I will seriously make a point of logging this tonight!

Someone had tried it on FB, but then he said it put him into RWD (???) and he wasn't sure how to get the traction control lights off... i asked him for details both in the discussion and on a IM and nothing. But i figured turning the car off and then on again would do it (as it does on many other cars).

So i'll give this a shot. i agree that the launch is the more unsatisfying aspect of the car. If i had to choose between more power or a proper launch i would have choosen a better launch...having said that i'm very happy i have the JB4 and full **/exhaust... anyways i'll do my best to try this and log it.

if anyone else can pls post the logs.
I can almost definitely say that on my car it didn't make it RWD, as I felt the front tires struggling for traction.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2523)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 04-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Hi Terry,
I was looking through the red sport dynosheet and found that you used a can of Lucas octane booster. How much gallons did you fill up with 91 to get a close 93 octane mix?
(#2524)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 07:22 PM

So I just logged a couple runs with the TC fully disabled and there was no discernable difference.

However I selected MPH as well as the other data points and I noticed something...it's not that the throttle dips after I release the brake. Is that (as Terry said I think) it just doesn't build boost. The throttle input stays at around 30% when the brakenis applied and boost does not build. So it's possible that the launch might be a tenth of a second faster with the brake boosting....but it still does allow the car full throttle control.
(#2525)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchikRS
Hi Terry,
I was looking through the red sport dynosheet and found that you used a can of Lucas octane booster. How much gallons did you fill up with 91 to get a close 93 octane mix?
Just a can with a full tank, I prefer the NOS race formula. Boostane and Torco are also good options but more expensive.

Burger Motorsports