N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 340i Xdrive
Default CHARGE PIPE INJECTION (CPI) by Fuel-IT - 05-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Has anyone tried this yet? What would be the advantage over WMI?

I've heard PI is not an option for our cars.

Charge Pipe Injection (CPI) Starter Kit - FUEL-IT!

2016 340 xdrive - JB4 - Dinan Midpipe - Dinan Muffler - Dinan Shockware - PS2 - BMS methkit - Dual DO7 nozzles - HCP BEF
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 05-20-2019, 11:57 PM

I've used similar before. WMI is best if you don't have a BEF. With a BEF, you could go either way. I still prefer WMI. This is a great addition if you upgrade the turbo. As I see it, with our stock turbo, WMI is best option and offers future expansion if needed. (Larger nozzles)

Just my opinions... In the end, it's your setup and wallet. Reach for the stars and we'll all learn from the trip... as long as you share. Someone has to go first. Lol.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2019, 09:47 AM

I'm using this on my M5 and Porsche turbo S. I personally love it.

I'm working on a kit for the B58 right now. It will take some time, but I think it's worth it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2011 135i N55 DCT
Default help mates - 05-22-2019, 09:07 AM

ok so now i have the bms meth kit and saw the charge pipe injection kit that fuel it have, question can i use the meth ans the fuel kit together, what are the cons about it, and want to install the stage 2 turbo kit from pure.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefer82
ok so now i have the bms meth kit and saw the charge pipe injection kit that fuel it have, question can i use the meth ans the fuel kit together, what are the cons about it, and want to install the stage 2 turbo kit from pure.
We haven't tested CPI and Meth injection. AFAIK you can't run both, I'd stick to the CPI and put e50 blend and never have to worry about filling the meth thank, purging, etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 05-22-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
We haven't tested CPI and Meth injection. AFAIK you can't run both, I'd stick to the CPI and put e50 blend and never have to worry about filling the meth thank, purging, etc.
Payam... What's consumption like on E85 setups? My knowledge is that it takes more fuel to make the same power, but it's lower cost helps average it out. I've always leaned towards WMI for added cooling/octane benefits with no loss in overall mpg. Just curious how E85 mixes, on additional injection applications, compare. Especially with direct injection vehicles as much knowledge is primarily off of port and/or TB injection.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Payam... What's consumption like on E85 setups? My knowledge is that it takes more fuel to make the same power, but it's lower cost helps average it out. I've always leaned towards WMI for added cooling/octane benefits with no loss in overall mpg. Just curious how E85 mixes, on additional injection applications, compare. Especially with direct injection vehicles as much knowledge is primarily off of port and/or TB injection.
Full e85 will need 30% more fuel volume. I like e50 blend though, I use that on M5 and Porsche. It doesn't use that much more fuel, but I like it better than methanol.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 05-29-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Full e85 will need 30% more fuel volume. I like e50 blend though, I use that on M5 and Porsche. It doesn't use that much more fuel, but I like it better than methanol.
Good to know, thank you. Is there a reason why you prefer it over methanol?
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-29-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Good to know, thank you. Is there a reason why you prefer it over methanol?
Easier to use, but not everyone has access to e85. That's why we have both options available meth injection and CPI.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 05-29-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Easier to use, but not everyone has access to e85. That's why we have both options available meth injection and CPI.
That's why I keep going WMI. The E85 isn't readily available to me or my area. Great input, thank you.