N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Ford Raptor
Default Firmware update order and other questions - 05-06-2019, 06:27 PM

In the Ford 3.5 EB sticky fire are updates, there are three. Do I need to do them all in order or will just loading the latest #3 give me everything in 1&2 as well? I have loaded #3 successfully.
I have a 2018 Raptor with a Roush CAI and the JB4 with the connect kit. I have changed the plugs to the Motorcraft SP542 iridium (cooler) plug to handle the CAI and the tuner. I run only 93 octane gas. When the JB4 is not on, the throttle seems fine, when JB 4 is on Map 1,2 or 3 the throttle seems to fall flat initially and then come in strong, does the same when in sport mode when in throttle, off and back on. Suggestions? Many thanks
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Only need to update to the latest file which is this one:

JB4_F150_3.hex

Can you get a log on map 0 and map 1 so we can see whats going on?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 10:01 AM

Hi Payam

I waited to respond as was having truck in for service and some harsh shifting concerns in sport mode. The dealer did a transmission reprogram (TSB 18-2274), and it appears to have made the throttle more responsive and the shifts faster, seems to have corrected the problem of the stumbling that I alluded to in my original. Thanks
(#4)
Old

Default Today, 06:06 AM

Decided I will go ahead and send you the logs - Map 0, 1 & 2; however, not sure how to attach the .csv files within a message? I see where they can be emailed. To recap, I have a 2018 raptor with a Roush CAI and the JB4, and run only 93 octane fuel. On map zero obviously the truck runs as one would expect. On map one I seem to get some Drago hesitation and on map to no throttle hesitation but some wastegate rattle on the top end, or I believe it is that. Wanted to send the logs, can you advise how to do that please. Thanks