N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 7.5 GTI
Unhappy P0300 and P01101 - 04-22-2019, 04:27 PM

Hey guys, I was/am having trouble with my GTI it through error codes P01101 and P0300 last month or so on my JB4 app but I didn't think anything of it since I thought it was one of the normal codes. But today my CEL came on, I read the codes on the JB4 and it was those same codes.

Some quick google-fu told me it was most likely the firmware version, which makes sense since it started happening after I uploaded it. I went back to 6B and cleared the codes. The codes don't come back, and now the CEL is gone, but I feel kind of dumb since I should have read the codes using a proper scanner.

What are the odds my engine suffered damage and the odds of them finding the issue at the dealer if I cleared the codes already?
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-22-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1789GTI
Hey guys, I was/am having trouble with my GTI it through error codes P01101 and P0300 last month or so on my JB4 app but I didn't think anything of it since I thought it was one of the normal codes. But today my CEL came on, I read the codes on the JB4 and it was those same codes.

Some quick google-fu told me it was most likely the firmware version, which makes sense since it started happening after I uploaded it. I went back to 6B and cleared the codes. The codes don't come back, and now the CEL is gone, but I feel kind of dumb since I should have read the codes using a proper scanner.

What are the odds my engine suffered damage and the odds of them finding the issue at the dealer if I cleared the codes already?
The ECU triggers CEL to avoid damage. The new ECU's are very responsive and its very rare that it will allow something to fail. I wouldn't be concerned of it in the least.

If the faults cleared you are ok. Even if they stay on and you go to the dealer there are freeze frames linked to the faults that show the conditions they happened in. Everything will appear within spec that matters on those so its not a concern.
There is a bug in the app at the moment with the fault reading and they cannot be translated and most the P codes are incorrect. We have completed the translation list now and it should be on the next update

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo