N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: 2011 335i xdrive
Default 06-17-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Agreed, just set all your fuel biases to zero, that is the easiest way to turn off PI now. There has been a lot of progression on the control side with the JB4 since it's inception.
Is this still the case? Are fuel/duty bias set on all maps, or just map 6? e.g. when swapping from e85 to pump, do they need to be set back to 0?
(#477)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 06-19-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrllock
Is this still the case? Are fuel/duty bias set on all maps, or just map 6? e.g. when swapping from e85 to pump, do they need to be set back to 0?
Setting the bias effects all maps

'14 435I RWD MHD "Shoup Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo Spool FX-150 XHP Trans Tune GFB DV+ VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe Stage 3 LPFP BMP4 EKP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#478)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-29-2019, 01:33 PM

For installing the intake manifold, I know we use bmw oem gaskets on the pi spacer but do we also use oem bmw gaskets on the intake manifold for when it mates to the Pi spacer?

2013 DCT Jet Black 135i
-JB4 Stage 2 ISO/w Flex Fuel Wires-Fuel it Stage 3 Bucketless LPFP-PDU Port Injection-Big Boost 6564 Bottom Mount Turbo Kit-Big Boost Chargepipe-Active Autowerke-BOV-Injen SP Intake with Blox Velocity Stack and Turbo Guard Filter-VRSF 7.5 in Stepped Race Intercooler--BMS OCC/OCV/CF-N20 TMAP-N20 Plugs-Motul 300v 5W-40-Archoil 9100-Motul Mocool-Custom 3.5 inch Straight Pipe Exhaust-Stoptech Rotors/Fluid-PFC Track Pads-VMR 710-Toyo R888r-M4 Flywheel- SSP R Clutches
(#479)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 06-29-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ilove
For installing the intake manifold, I know we use bmw oem gaskets on the pi spacer but do we also use oem bmw gaskets on the intake manifold for when it mates to the Pi spacer?
Yes! You'll need a total of 12 gaskets. The PI kit comes with new ones that will go between the PI rail and the block.

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#480)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 06-30-2019, 08:35 AM

6 O-rings for the PI manifold route, 12 O-rings used for sandwiching the PI spacer plate route.
(#481)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-20-2020, 05:48 AM

Hello all, new to the board been reading a lot and getting a lot of great information! I am the proud owner of an F22 M235 coupe. I already purchased a Phoenix Racing manifold, JB4 and PI controller, I easily installed the JB4 along with the controller however I cant find a switched 12v supply for the controller, can anyone direct me to one? also the PI controller has two black wires, is it correct to assume they are both power grounds?
(#482)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 08:32 AM

With the help of my tester I found one in the fuse box! Just need to confirm that the dual black wires are both grounds, thanks.
(#483)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 08:42 AM

@Dumaurier7,
I believe there's only one black wire coming from the PI controller as indicated on the sticker that comes on it. Are you sure one of the wires isn't a really dark purple as indicated on the same label? One black wire is ground; the purple is rpm signal input. Did someone modify your controller and change the colors?

Edit: Just Googled BMS PI controller wires and saw that there is or was and older model box which had two black wires and also two yellow wires. Perhaps you have and older model controller box?
(#484)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 09:27 AM

Thanks for your response, the controller was listed as an N55 F22 chassis controller, there is 1 yellow wire, 1 red wire, 1 purple , 1 white , 1 green(I think, it’s already installed in the Jab4 harness) and 2 black ones. There was no sticker on my box when it came.
(#485)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 10:26 AM

@Dumaurier7,
Here ya go! I found it on the N54 PI section on this forum. Sometimes the info you need is scattered around. Check out post (#4) from Steve@BMS/Fuel-it!:
N54 Port Injection - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#486)
Old

Default 01-20-2020, 12:21 PM

Thank you ! I also did some more checks and realized that the injector harness only works properly when both wires are grounded, if only one of either is grounded both pins of the injector harness sees 12v, connect both ground wires and one pin goes to 0v whilst the other stays at 12v as its supposed to! I also realized that both wires were supplied with a spade fork connector already installed whish suggests that they are to be connected at a bolt. Now that my JB4 and controller are installed I am patiently awaiting 6 brand new ID1050X injectors and the fuel hose then ill be ready to install the whole system.
(#487)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-20-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumaurier7
Thank you ! I also did some more checks and realized that the injector harness only works properly when both wires are grounded, if only one of either is grounded both pins of the injector harness sees 12v, connect both ground wires and one pin goes to 0v whilst the other stays at 12v as its supposed to! I also realized that both wires were supplied with a spade fork connector already installed whish suggests that they are to be connected at a bolt. Now that my JB4 and controller are installed I am patiently awaiting 6 brand new ID1050X injectors and the fuel hose then ill be ready to install the whole system.
Yes, you will need to ground both of them.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#488)
Old

Default 02-05-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganque
FuelEn and Meth data in logs are used for PI now. (FuelEn is the ongoing signal from JB4 to PI and Meth is the signal back from the PI to the JB4).
Meth scaling is set to 100.
Firmware is N55_ISO_17_5 I believe (latest). And yes the chip was updated to 24K22.
I am trying to decipher my first log Just to clarify, the Fuelen and Meth signals referred to are represented numerically in the logs, correct?
(#489)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I am trying to decipher my first log Just to clarify, the Fuelen and Meth signals referred to are represented numerically in the logs, correct?
Yes. You can post the CSV file for us to help evaluate as well.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#490)
Old

Default 02-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Thanks for your reply, I am just only testing functionality of the electronics for now, once I install the manifold with injectors I'll post a log. Question, is it normal to be running lean when stock and on map 2? I have intake , exhaust and intercooler upgrades.
(#491)
Old

Default 03-27-2020, 05:41 PM

All the electronic stuff are functioning as intended, I have posted couple logs in the log section if anyone is interested. Now I am looking to experiment a bit with WATER only CP injection! Ow I have read it here a thousand times that PI and WI don’t play well together, it from my yeas of experience I saw them work perfectly together so I wanna give it a go.
I already have a 200 psi pump and a solenoid valve, will. E using a small 60cc nozzle downstream the intercooler. My plan is to use the output from the PI controller to switch the pump and solenoid via relay. My Question is what are the methanol settings supposed to be at to get this to work?

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT, Super Sprint exhaust with 4 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, JB4, BMS PI controller, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks stage 2 LPFP all on 93 octane pump gas!
(#492)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-30-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
All the electronic stuff are functioning as intended, I have posted couple logs in the log section if anyone is interested. Now I am looking to experiment a bit with WATER only CP injection! Ow I have read it here a thousand times that PI and WI dont play well together, it from my yeas of experience I saw them work perfectly together so I wanna give it a go.
I already have a 200 psi pump and a solenoid valve, will. E using a small 60cc nozzle downstream the intercooler. My plan is to use the output from the PI controller to switch the pump and solenoid via relay. My Question is what are the methanol settings supposed to be at to get this to work?
You have an FSB and PI controller connected to your JB4?

Burger Motorsports

(#493)
Old

Default 03-30-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You have an FSB and PI controller connected to your JB4?
Hi, I do not have the FSB just the PI controller for now, I’d like to get a basic set up running and evaluate its performance before re I spend any money on controllers. This is why I’m asking if the trigger wire from the PI box can be used for now instead of the trouble of a Hobbs switch.

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT, Super Sprint exhaust with 4 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, JB4, BMS PI controller, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks stage 2 LPFP all on 93 octane pump gas!

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-30-2020 at 01:47 PM..
(#494)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Hi, I do not have the FSB just the PI controller for now, Id like to get a basic set up running and evaluate its performance before re I spend any money on controllers. This is why Im asking if the trigger wire from the PI box can be used for now instead of the trouble of a Hobbs switch.
You want to use the trigger wire off the PI controller to turn on the methanol pump?

You can do that, just make sure you have a relay in between. Not sure how well it will work though.

Burger Motorsports

(#495)
Old

Default 04-01-2020, 04:14 AM

Ok great, now which one of the settings do I use to activate the trigger output?I

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 04-01-2020 at 04:44 AM..
(#496)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-01-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Ok great, now which one of the settings do I use to activate the trigger output?I
It's an auto trigger that turns on when PI turns on. You can't really adjust it.

Burger Motorsports

(#497)
Old

Default 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
It's an auto trigger that turns on when PI turns on. You can't really adjust it.
Well that's just great, there goes all my plans !