N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2018 STINGER PREMIUM
Question Spark plugs - 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM

Are the colder plugs for the 3.3 the same part# as the 2.0 ? IKH24 I think are the plugs they show for the 3.3 . . .
(#2)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 03-27-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALONTRAX
Are the colder plugs for the 3.3 the same part# as the 2.0 ? IKH24 I think are the plugs they show for the 3.3 . . .
NO!!

Denso 5346 or HKS M40iL

If in hot climate or you plan on long WOT suggest HKS M45iL for the 3.3T (factory heat range is 22)

For the 2.0 T it would be Denso 5356 (IXUH22I) or HKS M35xL (factory heat range is 20) Gap them all to 22-24 thousands, I personally do 22.

Hotter to the left, colder to the right.

BTW here are two good pictures to show how much difference between the factory spark plug on the Stinger and the two recommended replacements.
Also the factory plugs are VERY hot running and have LOTS of exposed porcelain that can break under per-ingnition and spark issues due to too large of a gap. Check out these pics, Factory NGK, Denso 5346, and HKS (Custom made NGK) M45iL side by side. Note all white on factory spark-plug (pre-plug&play) but runs very rich under WOT that you can see on metal. As a side note just as damnfastdd found I also found my factory spark plugs NOT torqued down correctly, took less than 2-3 lbs to break loose.

r/Phil
Attached Images

Last edited by pgeneste; 03-27-2019 at 09:57 PM..