N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 13' 335i
Default N55 PS2 help requested (logs inside) - 08-06-2018, 10:37 PM

Hey guys- had PS2 installed last year. Need help with JB4 settings. Logs attached, car stats below. If anyone local (Seattle) is willing to help me out, PM me.

13' F30 N55 FBO + PS2. Meth + BM3.

Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-06 22_22_02.csv (8.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-06 22_18_18.csv (6.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-06 22_19_53.csv (6.9 KB, 33 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 08-07-2018, 02:47 PM

anyone? willing to pay if someone can help dedicate some time to this. Thanks!
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM

I'm not familiar with BM3, but looking at the logs, they don't seem right to me. Your boost target is starting at 20.3 and then once meth kicks in, it's dropping to about 17.5. The change in target is expected in map 3, but the target starting so high seems wrong to me. That is why your WGDC is maxed at the start of the pulls. Looking at the CSV, it looks like your FUD value is set to 10. I'm not sure what that's for?

It also looks like you're letting off of the gas 1/2 way through the pull? Are you physically doing this? Or is the pedal floored the whole time? That is definitely screwing with your logs.

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM

First couple logs had overboosting but then it learned down. Overall they look healthy to me. Anything concerning you?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 09:59 AM

thanks for the reply. the pedal is 100% until near redline, so not sure what would be causing this to show otherwise.
(#6)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 10:01 AM

the car just doesn't feel like i'd imagine it should. 100% throttle, the car studders a bit. What's causing the miss to target early on? Overall, just looking for help tweaking settings based on what you guys are seeing, to iron out any issues. The help is appreciated.

Last edited by uhkordguy; 08-08-2018 at 10:08 AM..
(#7)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 08-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhkordguy
thanks for the reply. the pedal is 100% until near redline, so not sure what would be causing this to show otherwise.
Just to clarify, the pedal is showing 100% throughout, but your throttle value dips during the pull. You can also see the fuel trims acting up (fixed value of 25) during that time. I'm not sure what's causing that, or if it is even a problem, but IMO, it's something that doesn't seem right.

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#8)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 10:15 AM

^ yeah, my foot is not coming off the pedal.

Last edited by uhkordguy; 08-08-2018 at 10:40 AM..
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Throttle closes a bit because of over boosting at that moment. It's trying to regulate boost pressure around the target. A few more runs and it will learn itself down. The other logs he was over boosting a lot more.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 11:18 AM

the other question i have is around if i'd see benefits to upgrading the LPFP and/or port injection. can anyone advise?
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhkordguy
the other question i have is around if i'd see benefits to upgrading the LPFP and/or port injection. can anyone advise?
It would definitely be much easier for you and more consistent. I don't know dont if you'd really gain anymore power though to be honest. Maybe a bit more because of the more aggressive flash.

Burger Motorsports