N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default No Fly Zone 4-7-18 Thread - 04-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Back from the latest installment of NFZ!

Unfortunately this time, not much to report. Event was more or less rained out. A few of us took some wet runs in the AM before it really started coming down. Around noon is was pouring so most of us hit the road and headed back, but Payam and a few others stuck behind and were able to take some runs around 4pm when it stopped raining. I left around 1pm so missed whatever happened after that

Jon took one pass in our stock turbo 135i at 20psi and ran 146mph.

Knowing the weather report I decided to take out our Audi S4 which is AWD, and had no issues doing runs in the wet weather. Ran ~132mph stock, ~137mph using a prototype JB4 running around 4psi peak over stock. 91 octane with a can of octane booster.

ACF brought their Audi RS3 AWD which ran 139mph stock. We used a JB4 prototype to add 2-3psi and he managed a 143mph, but we didn't really get around to tuning it. Did collect a lot of interesting data on the Audi's though that will help development.

Eric F was there with his fully E85 tuned RS3 and reported 160mph, way faster than I expected. Can't wait to crank the boost in ACF's car.

Payam didn't run his 335 ST but I hear he got some slippery map2 runs on his M4 later in the day at around 150mph.

Most of the other BMWs trying to take passes aborted. Vargas backed their car off the trailer and back on again without running it. A few of our customers with hybrid and single turbos didn't bother running at all as the conditions were just not safe.

Gilbert and Adam brought their C6s and ran 142mph & 150mph respectively in the rain.

Overall, a bit of a bust today. But still fun hanging out with everyone. Hoping for better weather at SS end of the month!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 04-07-2018, 10:46 PM

I checked the weather forecast around Bakersfield two weeks ago, and decided not to go to this.

Are you guys planning on going to Shift S3ctor at the end of the month?

2017 M3 ZCP
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-08-2018, 06:22 AM

Too bad. Better safe than sorry.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2018, 08:34 AM

We'll be out at Shift Sector on Sunday 4/29

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-08-2018, 10:17 AM

We were a bit unlucky with the weather this season at NFZ. A friend towed up my 335i while I drove my M4. I brought both cars just in case something happened and I was glad I did!

Did most of my runs on map 2 with Full e85, BMS Intake, Jb4+MHD BEF. I got some decent runs between 149-152mph during the time I could go. I didn't have enough time to test out other maps and what the best RPM would be to switch at.

Can't wait till SS in a couple of weeks, hopefully I'll be able to race the 335i!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Ahh so I didn't miss out much.
Sucks though driving that long and not having good weather to race.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-08-2018, 02:17 PM

Bummer, always Shift Sector! May bring the M5 out for that one! maybe run it against the G90?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Bummer. This is what a typical NFZ Midwest event looks like, lol.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com