Hello everyone,
(#3377)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Frank
Hello everyone,
If you need technical support you can email or make a thread in the support area. We'll want to see installation photos, maybe a JB4 log, and any other information you can provide.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3378)
Old

Car: BMW 435i F33 2014
Default 11-27-2017, 05:40 AM

Dearest

i hope all is well with you,

i have downloaded the JB4 Rev3 app and everything is working well,

but im new and i dont know what to do !!! so i have few questions and i hope you can answer me:

1: what are the best gauges setup for me which one i should keep to monitor and which one i should replace and with what ?
2- when i go to (user adjustment settings) what are the numbers i should insert/adjust to improve my car performance ?
3- is it important to update firmware ? and how do i update it ( i tried to go to the wesite n54tech but i didnt know where to go next and under which tap)
4- what are the option i should enable and disable ?
5- is it possible to update jb4 app interface ? i saw something downloadable at the website but i didnt know where to downloaded, is it through app ? and is it important ?
6- i also saw somthing downloadable (N55_FSERIES_OBDII_PWG_11_T1) another one (N55_FSERIES_OBDII_EWG_12_T5) what are those ?? should i download them why and how ?

my car is BMW 435i F33 2014 automatic gear (with ******* ********, Charge pipe, Air intake, methanol kit, JB4, JB4 bluetooth kit)

awaiting your feedback

best regards
(#3379)
Old

Car: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT
Default 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM

Just installed. I'm pretty sure all connectors are connected properly (TMAP, MAP, and CAN) as display shows data properly and I also felt them all click during install.
Running map 1, 3, or 5 with the app running on my phone, when I get into the boost, it says something like "JB4 switched to safety map" . I have '18 ZCP completely stock except removed charcoal air filters, running Sunoco 93 octane, so these maps should work for my setup. Any ideas what to do based on previous experience or do I need to data log and repost? If need log, should I just log it in Map 1? Less importantly, I'm wondering will the torque/hp displays in the MMI reflect the additional power from the tuned maps?
(#3380)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Anything relevant would be in the first post or two.

For the new digital dash models we do not have the BC options fully working yet so use JB4 Mobile if you need for map changing and such.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3381)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM

If you are unable to use the in dash option (since, we don't have 2018 G model digital dash support yet) then the BlueTooth is your best option. You'd want that for logging and setting changes anyway. Technically though the BC will work even if you don't have the correct feedback on the dash by counting clicks.

Burger Motorsports

(#3382)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question:
How do I get more/longer the pops and Bang sound. Do we have to do some setting on the JB4? my car is m235i: JB4(map5) + BMW Intake + VRSF *** less **. The sound is great but looking for more Pops.
Like the videos below:

(#3383)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke
Ok so does anyone what map is available for the m2 since map 2 is not an option? How many actual maps are available for the m2 that has been out for 3 years now? Nothing on the page that shows the map says nothing about not being able to use map 2.
The M2 is fairly unique in that it is just a normal N55 motor that runs much higher boost from the factory. M2 specific directions are not in the first post since it's not a high volume car and those customers normally just email us for help if they need it.

On your M2 since the factory has already giving you more than half of the boost gain you'd with a tune in most cases you'll want to use a custom map settings on the JB4 end. On the user adjustment page under map6 boost levels enter 2.5psi from 1500-7000rom (e.g. all spots), press save, and then select map6 to run that profile. You can also evaluate map1, the factory map, to see if your fuel pump will keep up with it. Some M2 fuel pumps do, and some don't. If it does not keep up you'll get a low fuel pressure limp mode and misfire codes. The map6 settings above generally work for all M2s.

Burger Motorsports

(#3384)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_JDM
Hi everyone! I have a question:
How do I get more/longer the pops and Bang sound. Do we have to do some setting on the JB4? my car is m235i: JB4(map5) + BMW Intake + VRSF *** less
You'd need to change the fuel injector timing which we can't do with a piggyback. It can be done via flash tuning or when adding in a JB4 back end support flash map. Various customers who run exhaust burbles have reported some issues though so be sure to look in to it further before enabling it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3385)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 12-03-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke
Tried map 6 after making adjustments and it is not smooth .. Will try map 1 and if that doesn't please me I'm doing a reflash..
Open a thread and post 3 logs from 3rd gear in the Support Section

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | BM3 Custom F80Paul E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"
-HCP E60 60-130 7.4s w/ CTS Turbo D.P 6.90s
-HCP E40 60-130mph 7.7s w/ CTS D.P
-BM3 E30 OTS 60-130mph 7.8s
WR X4 M40i CTSTurbo D.P/FMIC BM3 STG2 93 4.19s 0-60 | 12.4@109mph 1/4 m

@bootmod3nyc
(#3386)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 12-05-2017, 04:00 PM

I can't seem to find my answer, so I figured I would post. I have a 2014 335i w/EWG harness installed. What is the default DWP setting supposed to be? Mine is at 0, but I see others at 80.

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#3387)
Old

Car: 2015 f32 435i
Default 12-05-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
I can't seem to find my answer, so I figured I would post. I have a 2014 335i w/EWG harness installed. What is the default DWP setting supposed to be? Mine is at 0, but I see others at 80.
I have an ewg 435i Just checked the settings on my Bluetooth and my dwp is on 60

[SOLD] '15 435i - M Sport Brakes, BMW 19" 407 style wheels, Track/Handling, Tech Package, HUD, Auto
Mods: JB4 w/ EWG/FF wires, maps 2/5/7, AFE intake, ER 4" kitless, hankooks
'03 330ci - Titanium Silver, Sportline, Auto
Mods: Stock

Instagram: @Jb435i
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQs...ylVwzAmJLCmbA?
(#3388)
Old

Default 12-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike
I have an ewg 435i Just checked the settings on my Bluetooth and my dwp is on 60
Do you have the EWG harness installed along with EWG_12_T5 firmware?

14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
(#3389)
Old

Car: 2015 f32 435i
Default 12-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Do you have the EWG harness installed along with EWG_12_T5 firmware?
I have the ewg/ff wires but Iíll double check my firmware later

[SOLD] '15 435i - M Sport Brakes, BMW 19" 407 style wheels, Track/Handling, Tech Package, HUD, Auto
Mods: JB4 w/ EWG/FF wires, maps 2/5/7, AFE intake, ER 4" kitless, hankooks
'03 330ci - Titanium Silver, Sportline, Auto
Mods: Stock

Instagram: @Jb435i
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQs...ylVwzAmJLCmbA?
(#3390)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 12-05-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:

Default Wastegate Position.

0 is factory, the higher the number the less turbo lag and quicker throttle response but the higher the chance of waste gate rattle. You can play with that number. Check out this thread.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30291

Sometimes i have mine at 80, others 10, really depends on what you want.

Last time i had mine on 80 i got a CEL for sluggish wastegate.

Performance: 2014 435i : F33 (convertible) : 8AT : BMS Intake : VSRF Charge Pipe - Down Pipe & FMIC : JB4 Stage 2 : FF Wires : EWG Wires : 40% E85 : XHP Stage 3: E85 BEF

Dragy: "Spammer" 12.72@111.70 | 0-60 4.71
(#3391)
Old

Car: 2012 F10 535i "FBO"
Default 12-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
Default Wastegate Position.

0 is factory, the higher the number the less turbo lag and quicker throttle response but the higher the chance of waste gate rattle. You can play with that number. Check out this thread.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30291

Sometimes i have mine at 80, others 10, really depends on what you want.

Last time i had mine on 80 i got a CEL for sluggish wastegate.
You guys are both EWG N55s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
DWP setting is not used with EWG vehicles.
(#3392)
Old

Default 12-13-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll F10 lll
You guys are both EWG N55s?
Well that helps. Thank you

(#3393)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default CAN Wiring - 12-18-2017, 06:53 PM

Hi, I have a 2012 F10 535i with PWG and just purchased an older model JB4. This is one without OBD2 connector and 4 loose wires. The 3 pairs of connectors are pretty straight forward but i'm a bit confused by the separate Black, Red, Green and Brown wires. Ive checked the online instructions and searched this site and its clear the Red is Power and the Black is ground but i'm not sure on the Green and Brown. I know on a newer JB4 these are for the OBD2 connector but mine does not have this. Can you tell me where these connect or provide the older model installation instructions? Second, with these connected, will i have the ability to perform MAP changes from the dash or is that only available with the OBD2 interface?

Thanks, Realize these are both pretty nobbish questions and appreciate the help
(#3394)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 07:03 PM

Need to buy an OBDII adapter on our site and update the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#3395)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 07:39 PM

thanks, I have the BMS USB cable which should work for firmware update correct?
(#3396)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 08:03 PM

I have the BMS USB cable and will do the firmware update as soon as the JB4 is installed. The previous owner purchased in 2013 so i'm sure it needs an update. Also, found the CAN wiring on an old post of yours from 2011. I expect its the same? thanks!
(#3397)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 08:13 PM

posi-taps are no longer supported, do not install it that way.

Burger Motorsports

(#3398)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM

OK, can i install without green and brown wires attached? I believe in the current instructions you say this results in a default of MAP 1. Then i can order the OBD2 interface and install later.
(#3399)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2017, 09:17 PM

May not operate properly. If you need additional assistance feel free to use the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#3400)
Old

Default 12-18-2017, 09:22 PM

Ok, thanks, probably should have gone there originally.