N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2016, 08:36 AM

Best to ask Martial on that. But I think coding would have to be done to allow the software to work. And in any event there would be no benefit, just slightly modify your IJEOS software, if you are so inclined.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 02-05-2016, 07:42 PM

Hey Terry-
Does this mean we may see CARB approval for your products?
(#28)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 02-06-2016, 09:08 PM

Is 335is tricky tuning just because of the dme? I'm running a 335is motor in my 07
(#29)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-07-2016, 07:09 AM

Same exact motor.

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#30)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 02-09-2016, 08:54 AM

About time!
(#31)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 02-26-2016, 07:53 PM

Tezza!!

Now will you consider the auto 'SPORT' button enablement??

Just like the traction control feature you currently have?

Last edited by _ink; 02-26-2016 at 07:59 PM..
(#32)
Old

Default 02-26-2016, 07:59 PM

Since i'm full of great ideas today....

Since all serious DCT owners block the kick down switch (for obvious reasons)..

Would be good to hijack a steering button or otherwise for the kickdown trigger (for launch) and other goodies... Like your 2 Step mod.
(#33)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-18-2016, 04:57 PM

Bump to an old thread Terry, is this car still your test mule for CARB products or have you started working the finer tuning items yet?

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#34)
Old

Car: 2011 355is manual,*********, dinan s3,bov,charge pipes
Default 05-18-2016, 05:28 PM

I would like to see JB4 work with the 335is cars. From my understanding, and i could be wrong so feel free to advise me but i know that my 335is gets 378 and 415 horsepower on stage 2 dinan. I feel like the dinan tune actually works with the overboost function to add more horsepower. The jb4 adds what about a max of 100 horsepower? Dinan is not the best tuner by any means but i went with it because i work for a bmw store. So i guess what im saying is i feel like jb4 would turn my car into a regular 335i tuned car and do away with my overboost.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Bump to an old thread Terry, is this car still your test mule for CARB products or have you started working the finer tuning items yet?
Finally got it back, should have a CARB EO for our DCI intake any day now lol.

Have not had time to do any addl development with the car but will in the coming weeks.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj335is
I would like to see JB4 work with the 335is cars.
Huh? The JB4 has always been compatible with the 335is. With the JB4 installed the "over boost" function of the factory DME is ignored since the JB4 at its lowest map runs higher power than the factory map in "over boost". That "over boost" was hype for the most part, BTW.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Anyways....... LOL.

Can we expect some more refined INA0S BEF? Certainly willing to test them out for you. The last RACE file you sent me is pretty amazing. I think it can handle a couple more ** of timing though

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2016, 08:05 PM

Yes, definitely expect some INA0S BEF changes in the coming weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 05-18-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
excitement

2012 e92 335is DCT - JB4 G5 - MHD - Precision Raceworks Inlets - AD Engineering CP w/Tial BOV - VRSF ** - BMS OCC - Fuel-it! Stage 2 LPFP

Need: FMIC, PI, Upgraded twins
(#40)
Old
Tech

Car: 335is
Default 05-18-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Great news!

2012 335is DCT - JB4 - Fuel-it! - MHD - DocRace 6466
(#41)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-19-2016, 12:33 AM

That's good news Terry... I am hoping this car will help with the dct fine tuning...

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#42)
Old

Default 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM

Hell yeah!!!!!!!! I'm in for any testing needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#43)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 06-22-2016, 02:15 PM

Terry now that you guys have had it a bit, what all settings in JB4 do you recommend? I'm currently on Map 2 with the MHD back end. But I'm curious about duty bios settings, etc that you have found to work best.
(#44)
Old

Default 06-23-2016, 05:08 PM

since most of the DCT guys use your kickdown blocker switch T, it would be great to have launch control activated some other way.
(#45)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-23-2016, 08:28 PM

It would be great to have launch control period! As in being able to set the launch point lower than using the 135i software
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppacan
Terry now that you guys have had it a bit, what all settings in JB4 do you recommend? I'm currently on Map 2 with the MHD back end. But I'm curious about duty bios settings, etc that you have found to work best.
It's going to vary by vehicle but on ours I prefer to disable RPM FF gain and build our own curve in to duty bias. Which is easy to do and improves targeting slightly.

The latest ina0s back end flash maps are pretty good, update if you are on an older version.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 01-06-2017, 02:55 PM

Bump. How are things coming along? Any new news?
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2017, 03:21 PM

Nothing exciting to report.

We used the car for a round of INA0S BEF map development but so far have had to leave it tune only for various projects underway with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: z4 35is
Default 04-28-2017, 01:50 AM

Hi, Terry!

I'm driving Z4 35is dct with ar ******* ********* and jb4!
I have bavariantechnic cable.
Could you please send me last BEF?��

2010 BMW Z4 35IS EUR | DCT | JB4 | AR Design *** |
(#50)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-28-2017, 01:26 PM

I want a 4d (sedan) 335is with DCT attached to an N54. Who wants to walk me through a DCT swap so I can have what BMW never built?